December ivf/fet for a Christmas miracle

Serenyx- Hope your lining is thickening nicely!!
Thanks :) It's just a waiting game here at the moment - I have my lining scan on Monday so just have to keep my finger crossed everything is ok!

Serenyx, glad to see you back around! :)

Is there anything you can do to help avoid getting OHSS? I was trying to google it and it seems like there isn't much you can do.
Thanks :) There isn't really much you can do to prevent it, most of the factors are out of your hands. They say to ensure you drink a lot of fluid and some say Gatorade helps but I couldn't get that over here. I was put on Cabergoline tablets in an attempt to reduce the severity of it but in the end nothing worked and so my cycle had to be cancelled :(

Had my lining check this morning it's at 10mm so scheduled for my fet on the 6th! Getting excited now!
Great news! :happydance:

serenyx- Fx for a good thick lining when you go in for your scan! Your ovaries got huge when you had OHSS. I think I may have a mild form of it- I only gained about 3 pounds. Today (8 days after the trigger) I was able to get my "fat pants" on and they are a little tight and uncomfortable!

I was actually surprised how big my ovaries got - I had to ask the sonographer to repeat it when she told me how big they were as I was shocked they could swell to that size. Going over road bumps was very painful! Even mild OHSS can be uncomfortable.

If I have to have a fresh cycle again then they have already talked about how they will modify my regime to try and reduce the risk even further - but I will still be classed as high risk again.

Hope your AF shows quickly!

Yay!! My af is here! Never been so happy! Going to start stimming next week hopefully! Yay!! :) x

Sounds like everyone is making progress! Exciting! Does anyone know if the uterine lining can get too thick? Mine was 10 mm but this was last week and I'm having my transfer this coming Wednesday...

Started stimming today. The plunger on my menopur pushed way easier than my Lupron so when I was trying to get the little drip of menopur out, I accidentally squirted out .2 mL...is this a huge deal? I emailed my doc but I'm freaking out a little bit. The injections went good otherwise.

Woohoo for your AF! :)

As for the lining question, I have no idea. My acupuncturist said they like it at 15-16mm I think but they would still do it at 10 so it sounds like you're right on track...that's if I remember her numbers correctly. ;)

CJ- Yay! :dance: Glad your lining is good and your FET is a go ahead!!

Hate- Wish you had more embies, BUT you're right...it gives you wiggle room with the thaw!! I have 3 right now too!! Only started with 6. Lost 1 to thaw.

Gdane & Girl- Woohoo. I just dropped to 5 units! Glad your baseline went well! And lots of luck as you start stimming! And Gdane-I don't think .2 is a problem. But I would be like you...call just in case!

Snoz- Isn't that the truth? We are all really kicking into gear. So exciting and scary. Did you have a good turkey day?

TCreasey-Glad AF came and you are moving ahead!!!

Kayla- I agree with Gdane... I think they just need a minimal requirement...so thicker the better?!!! Crossing everything for wednesday!!!

AFM- I hope you all had a great turkey day! I had a couple glasses of wine and it was nice to relax and be with family. It was also nice keeping this FET cycle a secret because no one asked/bothered me about it! :xmas12: So AF FINALLY came. I was getting worried. Now she is here rearing her ugly ugly head. Decreased Lupron to 5 units and added in my Estrogen patches on wednesday. This is crazy... the time is flying. I feel like we are all just in the thick of it now. Very excited and scary. I am hoping and praying we all get a miracle and get to experience pregnancy together!!!! [-o<

Anyone else HORRIBLY moody?? Yikes, i cant stand being around myself. My poor family lol! Had baseline scan today, all looks well and i start stims tomorrow. Yay!

YES snoz... I am going crazy. AF finally arrived when I added in the estrogen patches, so that gave me some emotional relief. But for awhile I thought I was going to murder someone!!! Glad you're moving ahead...now for some stimming and bloating!! ;)

YES snoz... I am going crazy. AF finally arrived when I added in the estrogen patches, so that gave me some emotional relief. But for awhile I thought I was going to murder someone!!! Glad you're moving ahead...now for some stimming and bloating!! ;)

Yea, cant wait haha! I feel this second cycle has WAY worse side effects than the first. Im hoping the stims dont have the same effect!

So funny, because I have thought the exact same thing. I thought this second FET would be easier cause I know what to expect, but it's been physically harder. And my anger and moodiness has been crazy. But my actual attitude about the FET is much more calmed and relaxed. I have no idea why it is that way. :shrug:

yay cali!! I feel horrific, the worst af I have had in a long time :( all worth it though, clinic will call on Monday when to starts my stimms and how much.

I hope the stimms don't bloat me too much, already feel massive, used to exercising daily, so this is torcher! I feel huge! :( it's unfair that we have to change everything in our lives and dh don't! but then do have to put up with our moods! haha x

I feel soooo massive. And yes.. the price my DH pays is dealing with me!!! :rofl:

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving yesterday!! I am still stuffed from all the wonderful yummies!

Gdane- Yay for starting stims! :happydance: This part will fly by! What did your doc say about the .2 ml? I found my cetrotide was like that and I had to be super careful not to lose any!

Girl- Yay for starting stims, too! Your EC will be here before you know it.

serenyx- I can only imagine what that would've felt like! I'm glad they have a game plan to help reduce your risk (fx you don't need it though!!!) If you don't mind me asking, did they tell you what they plan on changing? I am hoping AF shows soon, too. Normally with medicated cycles she comes on CD26 (which will be Tues). Did you notice any difference after your IVF cycle? I am just hoping she doesn't come Sunday as I can't afford to miss work Monday AM for my baseline!!

tcreasey- YAY for AF!! This is definitely the only time we are happy to see her!

kaylakin- I agree with what others have said. I think there is only a minimum requirement for lining. I have not come across anything that says there's a 'too much' Your transfer day is almost here!!!

cali- Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Perfect timing to get nice and relaxed before all this craziness! It is a little scary thinking about how quickly these next couple of weeks will go by and how much hinges on how things go. When do you go in for your lining check?

snoz- Can't say I'm moody, but I'm just sitting here waiting for AF to get started. I am sure you are not alone on the moodiness though! Good luck with starting stims tomorrow!!

serenyx- I can only imagine what that would've felt like! I'm glad they have a game plan to help reduce your risk (fx you don't need it though!!!) If you don't mind me asking, did they tell you what they plan on changing? I am hoping AF shows soon, too. Normally with medicated cycles she comes on CD26 (which will be Tues). Did you notice any difference after your IVF cycle? I am just hoping she doesn't come Sunday as I can't afford to miss work Monday AM for my baseline!!
They have decided I need to start on the lowest dose of Menopur (75 UI) then alternate it with a 150 UI dose and go in earlier for scanning. Last time I was on 150 UI from the start and had my first scan after 7 days of stimming and I had already over-responded at that stage. However we are doing a FET this cycle as we managed to get a few frosties from our IVF cycle.

My cycle directly following my cancelled IVF came perfectly on time but the one after was delayed by a few days. We had to have one natural cycle following the failed cycle hence why it has taken so long to start our FET. That seems to be my clinics policy but it is a little frustrating because others at different clinics seem to be able to go straight into a FET cycle after a cancelled normal one :( It will soon be here though :) I am planning on having a nice relaxing weekend before my progress scan on Monday evening.

I do have to laugh about how all us Assisted Conception ladies keep willing AF to start so we can get on with our treatment where as normally every one wants her to stay away :haha:

Cjohnson: Glad your lining is growing beautifully! hopefully you get an embryo or two snuggled in there for the long haul soon!! Hopefuly we all do!

Tcreasy88: WOO HOO for AF! I had never been so excited to see AF in my life either lol it's crazy how we do a 180 for IVF. I agree its unfair, but it's the way it is and my DH is doing a fantastic job on trying to cheer me up or just hug me when i need it. I think right now, communication is key so we don't end up killing someone haha.

Hait the wait: glad you had an incredible thanksgiving, ours was pretty uneventful and no one talked really about our pregnant sister in law, so that was nice :)

Serenyx: That really sucks you had to wait so long! What put you at high risk for OHSS? They said that my age and PCOS puts me at high risk and right now I'm on 5 units of lupron, 1 vial of menopur and 2 vials of bravelle.

Kaylakin: I think i answered your question earlier, but like I said, according to my acupuncturist, 10mm is the minimum, so you're on your way to some great lining!! :happydance:

Cali_kt: I almost wish I would have kept IVF a secret because of certain people asking all the time, but once we get to egg collection, I'm going to tell them to forget about it because I want it to be a surprise!

Snoz: I was pretty damn moody yesterday and I am hungry ALL the time...but DH has been hungry lately too, so Idk what the deal is. Don't get too hard on yourself, we're all going through some crazy things right now.

What's everyone's protocol look like? I was trying to google bravelle and menopur but it looks like a lot of people us follistim or gonal f? is bravelle a newer drug? I started stimming yesterday and the doc said the .2 is no big deal at all, just be careful from now on. Hubs got to see me do my 2 vials of bravelle last night and I thought he was going to puke :sick: He was really interested in what i was doing though...hopefully he can suck it up and do my IM shots!! Oh, I also have the estrogen patches and stuff on my medication sheet, when do they normally start you on that? I feel like theres so much medication on that sheet that I haven't even scraped the surface! :dohh:

i'm always really fascinated by the fact everyone all uses different drugs... I guess we are all different, no such thing as a 'perfect ivf cycle' well at the clinic today for my drug techy was told I have to take 112.5 of Gonal F which is slightly lower than the normal 150, as my AMH was so good (I should think at 25) and they don't want me to over respond.

Following that all going to plan, e/c should be in the week of the 16th... yay!! so close!! DH is being fantastic bless him :)

As for my drugs it literally was just burselin to dow reg, stay on that with gonal f to stim and ovitrelle to trigger. The progesterone pessary for post transfer, so not too much to remember lol x

Serenyx - that is good that you're going in for earlier scans. 7 days seems a bit long from starting stims to your first check! I'm glad they switched things up for you this time...

Snoz - I've been more moody for sure- I'll be even keel and then out of the blue I get really annoyed at something..I hope it's the Lupron because I can't take much more of it!

CJohnson - sounds like you're right on track - transfer will be here soon! I forget how many you are putting back?

Cali - How have you felt that the second FET has been physically harder? Also how long has your FET taken so far?

GDane - Yay for starting stims! I found I wasn't too uncomfortable during the stim phase - just bloated but not horribly - I felt a change after the trigger, though - everyone's different though of course! As far as when they start the Estrogen, for my fresh cycle I started it after the egg retrieval.

I had my last lining check yesterdy and lining was 10.7 ..still on track for Wednesday (12/4) transfer date. Then nurse said they like to see the lining anywhere over 6 - though that seemed a bit low. We're transferring back 2 embryos. They were good/excellent quality so I'm hoping they thaw well. I did my last shot of Lupron tonight - yay! Tomorrow I start the antibiotic, Medrol (steroid), PIO shots, continue with estrogen and baby aspirin and prenatals..and I think that's it - then transfer Wednesday. Yesterday was the first time I got really excited..I had a moment where I felt really positive- everything is going well so far, so why shouldn't things keep going well? The 2WW after IVF is such mental torture - I have to keep busy and just pray that it's good news at the end....

Hatethewait - hope AF shows soon..is your clinic open for the holidays?

Weird I take my Lupron up until the day of transfer on friday... And how many idk... I'm leaning to 1 but I can't decide:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->