December ivf/fet for a Christmas miracle

OK interesting. thanks! i think mood swings are the most common.
I'm going to start IVF in January. Time is standing...still.

Barb - January seems far but it's almost December and hopefully with the holidays things will fly by!
The waiting is so hard, isn't it?? It's the worst!

I've been waiting for three Years to bring home a baby. So ya waiting sux!!!

serenyx- Good luck with your scan next week! Let us know how it goes. How long have you been on the progynova?
I started it just over a week ago. I was on two tablets at first and have now increased it up to 3 per day. Hopefully they are doing their job and thickening my lining up nicely. I am also on baby aspirin.

AFM- When will this crazy bloating feeling go away?! I am 4 days past my EC and feel like things are not any better! Anyone who's gone through this before remember how long their bloating lasted? At this point, I am glad they have to freeze all my embies as I can't imagine putting them back in right now! I am so ready to move on to the FET! Tomorrow I will find out how many we get to freeze - so far we have 11 morulas (6 are compacted).
Mine lasted for a good few weeks but that is because I developed OHSS. My ovaries swelled to approx 4-5 x their normal size :(

11 is a good number at this stage, fingers crossed that the majority go on and develop further.

Gdane- Such a comforting thought to have people going through this with you! Glad you don't have to travel too far on turkey day!!

TCreasey- I haven't had the boob issue, but I feel like this bout with Lupron has been more miserable than the last.

Barbi- my mood swings are the worst this time!! Poor DH!!

Snoz- Good for you!!! We should try to make the best of it as much as we can!

Kayla- I think you are our first!!! I warm it by placing it in my armpit for 5 minutes. I recently got advice to use an icepack on the skin before the injection. Going to try it this time!! Good luck with PIO!! Dec 4 is coming up..so excited for our first BFP!!!! :bfp:You guys sound like us! I don't want to ruin anyone's holiday with a BFN but would love to surprise my mom and dad with a BFP! We wouldn't tell anyone but our parents until after first trimester....but would love to give them a special Christmas gift!!!!

Hate- I had severe OHSS, so my experience was not common. I heard gatorade helps a lot. I think about a week...and then it should go down.

Serenyx- Hope your lining is thickening nicely!!

Serenyx, glad to see you back around! :)

Is there anything you can do to help avoid getting OHSS? I was trying to google it and it seems like there isn't much you can do.

Thanks for all the boob related responses! Lol, it's suprising how open I've become since this whole process began! Lol. My mum says once you have a baby you lose all that anyway! Still very sore, prayin on an hourly basis for af to arrive!! :-/ xx

Had my lining check this morning it's at 10mm so scheduled for my fet on the 6th! Getting excited now!

serenyx- Fx for a good thick lining when you go in for your scan! Your ovaries got huge when you had OHSS. I think I may have a mild form of it- I only gained about 3 pounds. Today (8 days after the trigger) I was able to get my "fat pants" on and they are a little tight and uncomfortable!

cali- You are right- it's been 8 days since the trigger and I got my "fat pants" on.

Gdane- I'm not sure there is really a way to prevent it if you oversstim. It's all based on the number of eggs they collect. My fs had me take cabergoline vaginally for 8 days after EC to prevent/treat it and I think it helped. I have been drinking TONS of gatorade too. Fx you don't have it happen!!

Cjohnson- Yay! Good luck next week!

AFM- I officially have 3 :cold: !! I can't believe that of my 11 morulas only 3 were good enough to freeze. I am glad for a spare in case 1 doesn't survive the thaw though. I was really hoping to get a couple FETs out of last cycle but I will take what I can get! My fs did say the 3 we have are excellent quality so that is reassuring! Now I just have to wait for CD1 so I can get this show on the road. Come on AF!!

I'll have to respond to everyone a little later but I had my baseline today and everything looked great! Dropping to 5units of Lupron on Friday and adding in bravelle and menopur! :)

Had my baseline this morning. Everything looks great as well! Can't wait for my next appointment!!

i cant wait to be a part of the ivf process & understand these terminologies.
LOL

I am waiting on the doc office to call me with my blood work results...but as of now I am supposed to start menopur and follistim on Saturday with another bloodwork appointment scheduled for Monday

Dang, maybe I should have kept my Saturday! LoL. They gave me a choice and I was impatient and wanted to do Friday haha.

Barb, I did a lot of reading is the only reason I understand everything...I had to google the #dp#dt thing to figure out what that meant. That always confused the shit out of me but now it makes sense

ya it'll make sense when i start IVF mind you, I have already picked up a few things
the dpt was like 'what the heck?" i couldnt even bother trying to figure it out for a couple of years lol

Bloodwork was good. Lupron will go to 5 units tomorrow and we start stimming on Sat

Yay girl army! 8 days until my fet! I took 3 days off work hopefully that helps

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!! Try to rest, relax, and enjoy because the coming weeks are going to bring a lot more chaos for us all! :hug:

Ty snoz! I'd also like to wish all you ladies a happy thanksgiving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->