December ivf/fet for a Christmas miracle

Gdane- Tell me about it!!! I am super irritable right now!!!!

Hate- Our transfers are very close!! There is a number of us transferring within days of each other!! Hope you get some relief soon from that full feeling!!

Soo….is anyone as nervous as me to soon start stimming? I have hear the injections are pretty tough (as in painful). Has anyone done them yet or before? Anyone done Follistim and Menopur? And what are your experiences with them!!

Hey Girl,

Have you started stimming yet? My experience was that the Ffollistim was not painful at all, but the Menopur stings while you're injecting it. I had to push the syringe very slowly and take my time -- but it's all very normal!

Ah yes, I'm irritable too for sure! I think the Lupron is to blame..plus it makes me really tired...can't wait to be off of it, but I hear the progesterone makes you tired as well... Anyone have experience with PIO shots ?

I start them next Sunday in preparation for my transfer on 12/4.. agh!

I did crinone gel the first time around for the fresh cycle IVF, but I don't remember them making me especially tired... hmmm..

Soo….is anyone as nervous as me to soon start stimming? I have hear the injections are pretty tough (as in painful). Has anyone done them yet or before? Anyone done Follistim and Menopur? And what are your experiences with them!!
I had Menopur before and can't recall it hurting overly much. Just make sure you inject it nice and slowly.

Good luck with your stimming, I was actually anxious to get started as it meant the cycle would be starting in earnest then :)

I go up to 3 x Progynova today, I hope my lining is thickening up nicely. I have a scan next Monday to check the progress and if all is ok we can transfer the week after :)

No, I have not started stimming yet. I was just wondering about the meds. But, I did start my Lupron period so I am super excited. Just scheduled my blood work and baseline scan for Wed!! Stimming should start next week I think!!! I can't wait! How is everyone else doing? Lupron has not been bad so far.

I started my Lupron period late Saturday night...so it was actually my AF making me a crabby wench and not the Lupron. I was eating everything in sight too lol. I have my baseline ultrasound/bloodwork on Wednesday morning and scheduled to start stimming on the 30th.

I called the pharmacy to see how much my meds were going to be on Wednesday...I'm picking up menopur and bravelle. It's going to be around $680 so not near as bad as what I thought it would be but I'm sure the rest of my meds aren't going to be cheap. I still have pills to get, patches and PIO. Plus paying for ICSI and Fx'd I don't have to pay for assisted hatching!!

How's everyone doing? Did I ask if anyone journals? I'm trying to find IVF journals but I can't find many!! all the ones that I find are already pregnant which gives me hope but doesn't help me find buddies!

GirlArmyPilot, seems like we're on the same exact schedule!! :happydance:

Kay- I'm with you. I'm irritable, impatient and so tired!!! Yes, I have experience with PIO injections. They are zingers and they give your preggo symptoms. Sore boobs, emotional (I wasn't irritable like I am now with Lupron, but crying over good and bad stuff)!!

Gdane- You probably had a combo of both! I don't journal, but I do blog (see link below). Although I need to catch up with blogging!! I will check out your journal!

Girl- Yay for baseline on weds! When I did my IVF cycle, I used follistim. It wasn't bad as far as injecting. Hurt a little worse than Lupron, but way easier than PIO!!!

AFM- I am hanging in there. I decrease my Lupron on weds and add my estrogen patches in!

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Do your families know? We are keeping this FET cycle a secret!

Cali, that's good to know about the progesterone. Makes sense I suppose! Plus you have that HCG shot in ya so it'll be creating fake symptoms. That's great that you're decreasing Lupron. Means the show is on the road for you!! :) Girlarmy and I will be right behind ya. I'm really bad at following blogs but I will sure try! Would love to have new stalkers :happydance:

We are going to my inlaws for thanksgiving who only live 5min away. We have told his family (but not his sister) it's kinda our secret to share. So we're telling the people we want but telling them not to tell anyone if that makes sense? I don't want EVERYONE to know just for gossip talk...ya know?

I'm on down regging day 7, my boobs feel awful! Did anyone else have this? They feel huge (don't look it unfortunately) is this normal? I thought I should be shutting down? X

My boobs hurt up until I got my period...like they usually do but they seemed more sore than usual. Don't know if that was the bcp or what but yes, I did have them til I got my period on Saturday. I'm on Lupron day 9 today.

I thought it was making me really moody the past few days but it was actually my period coming. So I honestly don't even noticed the Lupron. No side effects besides vivid dreams.

OK interesting. thanks! i think mood swings are the most common.
I'm going to start IVF in January. Time is standing...still.

Sounds like this is a sore boobs cycle! Haha... I didn't have this when I used BCP/lupron last cycle but for some reason they are big and sore. Its so weird!

I have my baseline on Friday, and I'm trying to take this all slow, and calm. Yea, right, I know... but I've decided to try and enjoy this experience. Its not how we want it to be, but it is what it is. Other people get to enjoy their baby making experiences, why can't we IVF'ers?! Who's with me!?

Hope you are all feeling well, and not too crabby. Sticky baby dust wishes for everyone!!
:rain:

Kay- I'm with you. I'm irritable, impatient and so tired!!! Yes, I have experience with PIO injections. They are zingers and they give your preggo symptoms. Sore boobs, emotional (I wasn't irritable like I am now with Lupron, but crying over good and bad stuff)!!

Gdane- You probably had a combo of both! I don't journal, but I do blog (see link below). Although I need to catch up with blogging!! I will check out your journal!

Girl- Yay for baseline on weds! When I did my IVF cycle, I used follistim. It wasn't bad as far as injecting. Hurt a little worse than Lupron, but way easier than PIO!!!

AFM- I am hanging in there. I decrease my Lupron on weds and add my estrogen patches in!

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Do your families know? We are keeping this FET cycle a secret!

Cali - I start PIO this coming Sunday ...Any tips for getting it to hurt less? Did you give it to yourself or have someone give it to you?

That's great you're decreasing your Lupron and adding Estrogen.. I'm on Estrogen and Lupron until Saturday when I discontinue the Lupron. I'm having my transfer next Wednesday, the 4th..I can't believe it!

Am I the first one to be having the transfer? I know everyone else is not far behind me!

As far as family knowing, we're keeping this FET cycle a secret as well. I told one close friend but I didn't tell her the exact transfer date.

I kind of wanted to surprise the family if it goes well..and if it doesn't go well, I can figure out the next step :-/

Kaylakin- I don't have any experience with PIO but I have heard they are not pleasant :nope: How long will you have to stay on them? Any reason you switched from the crinone to the PIO? I'll be doing endometrin supps if I ever get to that stage! Good luck with the first one!

serenyx- Good luck with your scan next week! Let us know how it goes. How long have you been on the progynova?

girl- Good luck for the baseline appointment on Wed!! I remember being super excited for mine. It goes by sooo fast as soon as you start stimming!

Gdane- Good luck for your baseline appointment on Wed, too! That's awesome that you and girl are on the same schedule! Once you start stimming the time will fly by!

cali- Yay for cutting down on the lupron and adding the patches. You are getting closer!

tcreasey- I didn't down reg so I'm not sure if it's normal. Hopefully the pain passes soon!

snoz- Friday will be here before you know it! You have such a great, positive attitude! I love it!

AFM- When will this crazy bloating feeling go away?! I am 4 days past my EC and feel like things are not any better! Anyone who's gone through this before remember how long their bloating lasted? At this point, I am glad they have to freeze all my embies as I can't imagine putting them back in right now! I am so ready to move on to the FET! Tomorrow I will find out how many we get to freeze - so far we have 11 morulas (6 are compacted).

Hope all is well with everyone else! :flower:

As far as family knowing, we're keeping this FET cycle a secret as well. I told one close friend but I didn't tell her the exact transfer date.

I kind of wanted to surprise the family if it goes well..and if it doesn't go well, I can figure out the next step :-/

Me too. We did tell our parents we were doing fresh IVF this last month and that we had to freeze all of our embryos. I didn't want them to know we are putting them back in already in Dec. I want to be able to surprise them if it works!!

I have my baseline on Friday, and I'm trying to take this all slow, and calm. Yea, right, I know... but I've decided to try and enjoy this experience. Its not how we want it to be, but it is what it is. Other people get to enjoy their baby making experiences, why can't we IVF'ers?! Who's with me!?
:rain:

Snoz,

That's a great way of looking at it - trying to enjoy each step... It's easy to get wrapped up in our own issues, but I've realized that everyone has something they need to deal with...if it's not infertility it's something else, ya know? It's hard to remember that at times, though...but I like your plan ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->