December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Look at all these babies! Congrats new mommas! Not long to go for anyone in this group now!

I'm pleased to say that breastfeeding this time around is going very well. It was a hairy first few days before my milk came in. She became jaundiced, lost 10 oz, and was never not hungry! We supplemented with just the littlest bit of formula or expressed colostrum given via 3 ml syringe to avoid nipple confusion. It was just enough to keep her going. I almost broke down and started bottle feeding, but now I'm so glad I didn't. She's now up 6 oz from her birth weight and I'm finally confident about breastfeeding. I'm just saying all this in case anyone is wanting to breastfeed but is having trouble and needs a little motivation to stick with it! That said, my son was bottle fed (first expressed breast milk, then formula) and he's wonderfully healthy and I feel like it was the best choice for us at the time. Whatever allows you to have the best relationship with your baby!

My baby has been admitted to hospital with bronchiolitis:cry:

currently waiting to be transferred to a ward. She was settling in so well too.

So upset

Babybump87, I'm so sorry. I hope she gets better and gets to come home very soon.

It is scary when you are waiting fr milk to come in. Mine took four full days, and then built slowly. So baby was constantly hungry and feeding = no sleep for me! Talk about hard. This is hard! But now he is eating great, gained a ton of weight.

Any way anyone feeds their baby is a-okay with me - Fed is best! ;)

My baby has been admitted to hospital with bronchiolitis:cry:

currently waiting to be transferred to a ward. She was settling in so well too.

So upset

Aww bless her, I hope she gets better and is home soon. My first had bronchiolitis when he was tiny too, it was horrible but they're in the best place for getting them better quickly. Think it tends to peak at day 3 or 4 and then they can pick up quite quickly xx

:hugs: babybump, I hope she is feeling better soon

Well edd was yesterday and still pregnant, come on baby I bought you a cute my first Xmas outfit! :haha:

Hope little one is better and home soon Babybump

Been to the midwife again.

Baby is firmly head down and no longer free floating and to quote her "I think you will go into labour"

Advised on ways to induce labour if I want to. Think I'll stick to attempting to milk harvest (nothing much happening there so far but there was SOME so yay and having sex and if it works, great if it doesn't? Well the induction is booked.

Explains some of the pains and changing pressure and kicks etc too.

Thanks ladies. So stressed but know shes in best placem heartbreaking to watch her. Feel bad that I can't help her.

Shes been placed on a feeding tube today as she's too tired to take them. I hope this is peak day. .. Couldn't take anything else happening.

Xx

It's been quiet lately. Time for more babies! Maybe the Xmas full moon will be our next boom. :coffee:

Yesterday I found out that baby is breech. SO, my doctor has scheduled a cesarean. I will be going in at 5:30AM PST on Dec 23rd. Thy will check to see if baby flipped before the cesarean. Which, is my only hope for a VBAC at this point.

Oh no beth! Have you checked.out spinning babies yet? I was able.to get this baby flipped at 35 weeks with the breech tilt and some frozen beans up near the head to encourage them to move. Have you been covered an ecv or a vaginal breech birth? They are definitely options (though not sure if a previous c section would make it more risky), if your Dr isn't comfortable with either there should be others in your area that are if that is what you want

Oh no beth! Have you checked.out spinning babies yet? I was able.to get this baby flipped at 35 weeks with the breech tilt and some frozen beans up near the head to encourage them to move. Have you been covered an ecv or a vaginal breech birth? They are definitely options (though not sure if a previous c section would make it more risky), if your Dr isn't comfortable with either there should be others in your area that are if that is what you want

I did check out spinning babies. And between my last growth scan @ 37 weeks and my prenatal appointment at 37 + 5 weeks I did get her to go head down. Then she flipped again, despite me doing everything I was doing to help her stay head down.

By doctor tells me that she can't manually flip baby because, and I quote, she "can't feel baby". which I think is ridiculous because I can feel baby just fine through my stomach. But maybe because I'm mom and I just KNOW, I don't know.

As for breech birth I have been told that common practice, especially here is cesarean if baby is breech. Two friends of mine had breech babies, both using different clinics and hospitals, both had to have a cesarean. All in my area.

Hi ladies. Congrats on all the new babies and good luck to those coming soon. We had our little girl on Tuesday after being induced on Sunday. She's called Eva and weighed 6lb 14oz. Ended up being a bit of a dramatic forceps delivery but all is well and we're home now. X

Little Hayden was born this morning at home after about 2.5 hours of labour <3
2015-12-18 05.55.57.jpg

How frustrating beth, hope you can get baby to flip again!

Congrats nessaw :)

Little Hayden was born this morning at home after about 2.5 hours of labour <3
View attachment 918155

How frustrating beth, hope you can get baby to flip again!

Congrats nessaw :)

Congratulations!!!! Hope everything went great! 2.5 hours of labour - lots of FAST babies in this group! Me, you, Laura... we all had super short labour! Wonder if it is the time of year or something?

Congrats Luna!! Love the name. Home you guys are doing well.

Nessaw, Congrats on little Eva! Sorry the labor ended in forceps for you, but glad to hear everything is ok.

Babybump, my thoughts are with you an your baby. I hope today is a better day for her and you get to go home soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->