December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Shes gorgeous Beth.

Hope you overdue ladies are holding out!!. I know how frustrating it is waiting for baby!.

Glad all the other babies are doing so well too. I will be kinda sad when all the December babies have been born ! xx

Hope it turns into something soon for you Tuesday.

I've been a little cramps this afternoon but that's about it. I'm thinkig this one also wants to be a 2016 baby.

Holding out for my sweep on Wednesday see if that gets us going, might end up with a New Year's Eve baby.

X

The waiting is so hard, isn't it!?

I see my OB on Wednesday so will be asking some questions then re getting this show on the road. Also have a post-dates scan to check on bubba. xx

I hope the S&S works for you! :flower:

Congratulations to all the new mommas! Gorgeous babies! :cloud9:

Sending labor dust to the last couple ladies still waiting! :dust:

kallie, I can't believe he is a month already! That's scary too because I don't want my little guy to grow up! :haha: I'm really loving my time with this little bitty guy :cloud9:

Posted this is formula feeding but wondering if any if you ladies can offer any advice.

DD2 will be 4 weeks on Saturday and we have noticed that shes always looking for milk. Shes feeding nearly every 2 hours and sometimes taking 4oz sometimes only 2oz. We used to be on a 3/4 hourly feeds now it's all up the wall and shes feeding mostly all over the place. Theres no structure. :-/*

Anyone have any suggestions? . Should I try switch her milk to get into some sort of pattern?.*

Thanks x

Posted this is formula feeding but wondering if any if you ladies can offer any advice.

DD2 will be 4 weeks on Saturday and we have noticed that shes always looking for milk. Shes feeding nearly every 2 hours and sometimes taking 4oz sometimes only 2oz. We used to be on a 3/4 hourly feeds now it's all up the wall and shes feeding mostly all over the place. Theres no structure. :-/*

Anyone have any suggestions? . Should I try switch her milk to get into some sort of pattern?.*

Thanks x

Our LOs were born the same day and our little man still isn't in a regular feeding routine... He'll kinda go every 3 hours during break the day but he could well decide that he's hungry after 2 hours. He's generally taking 3.5 - 4oz each bottle but there's certainly times where he'll only want 2oz. Personally I'm gonna just feed him when he's hungry and hopefully he'll settle into a more predictable schedule in the next couple of weeks.

Our little guy isn't having the easiest start, he was admitted back to hospital at a week old with infection in his cord, cultures came back as him having group b strep and another one i can't remember the name of, so IV antibiotics for 2 days and 2 oral antibiotics for another 5 days... Back to doctor yesterday and he now has chest infection so another week of anti biotics ☹ also terrified he's getting colic... He has screamed the house down after his last bottle before bed the last 2 nights for at least 1.5 - 2 hours where nothing would console him... Never had this with DS1 and colic is my worst nightmare 😔

How's everyone else getting on? :flower:

don't have much to add advice-wise...just chiming in to say that baby definitely doesn't have a set routine either at 5 weeks, today.

her nursing during the day is totally random/on demand with no obvious pattern so far. then she'll be fussy from 6-11pm or so. she eventually gives in to sleep (she fights it like she's got a bad case of FOMO or something!:haha:) and will eat at roughly 1, 4, 6, 8/9. obviously every night is different, but in general, that's her pattern...for now! because as soon as you think you have something down, they'll change it up on you!:wacko::haha:

Oh no leann I hope your boy is feeling better soon! My son did the "purple crying" thing for several weeks when he was tiny he would just scream and scream every night, so difficult to deal with:(

We are doing great Hayden was quite small but we managed to keep her weight loss at a minimum with a bit of donor milk until my milk came in on day 3. She lost about 7.5% of her weight but then started gaining quickly and was above her birth weight by day 6 :) she was last weighed at 10 days and is already up over 6 lbs, so proud of her :) we are getting tons more sleep this time around thanks to cosleeping, she does feed 3-4 times overnight but I am able to go straight back to sleep since I don't even have to get out of bed. She does seem to like waiting until we are both almost asleep to have a big poo though and it often leaks out the legs of her diaper because she's got tiny chicken legs :dohh:

Hi ladies!

My little boy finally arrived 6 days late in a very quick delivery on the 30th. I was having irregular pains for most of the morning, very manageable so we went out visiting family before my mw appointment. Got to the appointment and the pains got worse, it didn't help she was running an hour behind. When she examined me she said I was a good 3-4cm with bulging membranes so sent me home at 5 to get my things and a bit of food and then go to the unit. I got there for 6 and was 7cm and my waters went. They were concerned about his heart rate so I had to go to the main hospital in an ambulance. I got there for 8.15 and by 8.43 he was out I couldn't believe how quick it all happened. My first was 6lb......this one was 7lb 14lb!!!

I'm still here! 41+3 today, feel about 209+4 hahaha. I am going in to be induced, in four hours! I'm really really nervous, first labour, first induction, really wanted to go naturally (in terms of spontaneous labour) but also very excited to meet our long awaited miracle baby. Baby is estimated at about 9.8lbs so we're looking at a big bubba!!!

Aw hope the induction goes smoothly for you Tuesday.

X

Congrats on your big boy, k8te!! Hope everything is going well.

Good luck, Tuesday. Hope your labor is over and done by now, and you're both doing well.

Congratulations k8te and the other new mummies xx

Thanks for your input ladies on DD2's feeding. Things seem to have settled a bit now hopefully it will continue.

Congrats on your baby K8te!!.

Good luck with the induction. Hope all goes well ! x

Sorry girls I've been a little pre-occupied 😆

My little girl was born bang on her due date (thanks to a very late induction the day before) so she is two weeks old tomorrow.

It was a VERY quick labour and holy hell do I NOT recommend induction.

They gave me the meds at 11pm (and I was called in for 3). Then I had an awful night of back-to-back contractions that never ever showed on the monitor.

She refused to let them monitor her and kept wriggling about.

They finally moved me down to labour ward at 7am and checked to see if they could break my waters (I was already at 2cm - so thankfully the "useless" contractions had actually been doing SOMETHING)

30-40 min later I was at 4. My community midwife happened to be on duty and popped in to see me but I was already in a lot of pain (induction both speeds up the duration and intensity of the contractions) so I remember she was there but I was already clutching my best friends hand (he was amazing he really was) and sobbing I couldn't do it, while my hubby was manning the TENS - tip: get a proper one!

Then they checked on me again (another 30-40 min later) and I'd moved up to 7 cm. One midwife commented at this point that I would have my baby by lunchtime.

To which one of my entourage (dunno if husband or best friend) said "God lazy - I want this baby out by 10! To which the other member of the peanut gallery said "if she does I'll get her a macdonalds breakfast"

In the meantime they'd (again) been struggling to monitor her as she kept moving around so they were trying to attach a clip to her head between contractions. Except there WAS NO "between" contractions. I can remember one of the staff saying that by the time we get this clip attached she will have had this baby.

Next thing I was screaming that I needed to push - which terrified me as to the best of my knowledge I was still only at 7cm.

But they told me to trust my body. The next is still a blur. I know I was screaming "help me" a lot because it was awful but I had my gas so I was trying to use it only in contractions. But the midwives talked me through.

It got a bit hairy at the end because of the speed of everything (they wheeled in an IV stand at one point which scared the hell out of me) there was little pushes and worry over the placenta.

She was born at 09:41 after less than an hours active labour.

The placenta came shortly after with some intervention and I lost all the blood I was going to lose in one go.

She weighed in at 7lb 15.5oz

No stitches no tears and minimal grazes so that was good.

We tried to breastfeed for 9 days but she was losing weight and her poops were wrong so we are on the bottle now. And while I'm still really sad about it, I know it's for HER good and I can't beat myself up about it.

How's everyone doing? I haven't been on to check on our group in awhile. So many cute babies! I can't believe we've all had our bundles and will be moving on to the baby club. It seems like just a little bit ago we were enthusiastically sharing pictures of our bfps, and first ultrasounds. And the excitement of finding out who was having a boy or a girl... It's bittersweet for me because this was my last baby. I've had a great time with you guys, and thanks for keeping me company during my final pregnancy. See you in the baby/parenting forums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->