• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Going to my appointment in less than an hour, so ready to know about how far along I am. No idea if they are going to do a dating scan today or just do blood draws. I will find out soon enough I guess. I don't have full blown morning sickness right now just nausea when I'm in the car. It used to be just when I was riding but now it's driving too so I'm guessing baby doesn't like the car. Oh well, rather have symptoms and know I'm doing ok than feel fine and lose the little peanut.

Can't wait to hear how the scan goes, angel.

I'm trying to be more careful with how I eat with the morning sickness this time around. Last time, I drank TONS of ginger ale and and salty carbs and snacks pretty much all day to keep the nausea away. And it mostly worked, but I gained too much weight during first tri because of this.

I'm trying to be healthier in general this pregnancy. I ate lots of carbs, was pretty sedentary, and also gained more than I would've liked with the last one.

I'm right there with you, Elma. I am making it a priority to walk and exercise everyday to help minimize the weight gain. It can creep up on you...quickly.

Hi Britt, do you still have af like cramps? I have been having these cramps on and off since I missed my period. My doctor tells me it's normal but it still makes me worried. This is my very first pregnancy so it's all very new to me. Does anybody else have sensitive nipples? My breasts are only mildly tender on the sides under the armpits but my nipples are killing me. So far I haven't puked once but I do get nauseous, it feels like I'm hungry all the time yet nothing really meets my expectations. Anyone else ever experienced this? Take care ladies.

My nipples were very sensitive last time, everyone is different and every pregnancy is different :)

Hi Britt, do you still have af like cramps? I have been having these cramps on and off since I missed my period. My doctor tells me it's normal but it still makes me worried. This is my very first pregnancy so it's all very new to me. Does anybody else have sensitive nipples? My breasts are only mildly tender on the sides under the armpits but my nipples are killing me. So far I haven't puked once but I do get nauseous, it feels like I'm hungry all the time yet nothing really meets my expectations. Anyone else ever experienced this? Take care ladies.

For the most part, my cramps are gone! They came around the time AF was due and I haven't had any since. If I do get them, they last a few seconds and are gone so I'm thinking that's baby growing and getting comfy in there. I'm feeling a lot better (how ironic) now that I'm experiencing some symptoms though! The 17th can't come quick enough! Ready for my appointment!!!

let us know how your first appt goes :)

Just set up my first appointment!! Now just gotta remain sane until May 7th -.-
AHHHHHH !!!!! :)

My boobs/nipples never bother me. Im unlucky they dont even grow big in pregnancy haha

So the scan was a joke, I had to go to the clinic and wait 15min for one tube of blood and don't even get the results until tomorrow or the day after. They didn't even have me see anyone or schedule another appointment. I have to wait for a nurse to call me to schedule an actual scan for dating purposes. Honestly I'm thinking I may even be based on LMP 6w5d who knows. I'm just extremely frustrated, I could have gone to the ACL lab and had it done in 2min instead of waiting 15.

Britt, That's funny because my first u/s scan is on the 17th of April. I went to my doctor for my blood work results today, HCG came back at 13654, which sounds quite high as I'm only 5 weeks, 1 day pregnant today. Twins lol?? :baby::baby: I hope nothing is wrong with them being so high already.
Has anybody else had high HCG from the get go?

How come they check the HCG? Is that done as standard over there? Over here they only check on HCG levels if they are checking on a suspected miscarriage or ectopic.

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not really sure how things are done here. Sorry guys!!

How come they check the HCG? Is that done as standard over there? Over here they only check on HCG levels if they are checking on a suspected miscarriage or ectopic.

My doctor likes to check HCG in early pregnancy to make sure it's doubling properly, the HCG is added to the full blood work checking iron, vit D, progesterone etc...as all of these are important for a healthy pregnancy. At the clinic I go to they also recommend an early u/s scan at 6-8 weeks to rule out an ectopic which could prevent rupture of a Fallopian tube. I guess it is different everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->