December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

I have no idea what to expect at this appointment. You guys are making me curious!

I made a signature image but can change the name if we decided on something else. I was just bored and procrastinating cooking my soup.

Also, TMI time, but have any of you ladies had diarrhea? It started yesterday for me and hasn't let up since. I did some online research (aka Google) and some ladies experience this as part of their morning sickness...albeit an uncommon side effect. Leave it to me to get the shitty (hehehe) end of the deal!

Also, TMI time, but have any of you ladies had diarrhea? It started yesterday for me and hasn't let up since. I did some online research (aka Google) and some ladies experience this as part of their morning sickness...albeit an uncommon side effect. Leave it to me to get the shitty (hehehe) end of the deal!

Lol :laugh2: I'm so happy you brought it up. This was one of my earliest pregnancy signs, the yucky diarrhea. It then went away just to come back yesterday and today. I'm happy I'm not the only one experiencing it. Have any of you had heartburn yet?

I have no idea what to expect at this appointment. You guys are making me curious!

I made a signature image but can change the name if we decided on something else. I was just bored and procrastinating cooking my soup.

By the way that signature image is sharp, really nice!! :thumbup:

Runny poo is my pregnancy thing but at least I don't get constipated I guess...I only got heartburn once last time, it was one of the most awful things ever

Runny poo is my pregnancy thing but at least I don't get constipated I guess...I only got heartburn once last time, it was one of the most awful things ever

Yeah I definitely agree with you, heartburn is no fun, hopefully it's just one of those things that come and go. On a positive note, I have been sleeping really good since I became pregnant. No pregnancy insomnia here at least not yet :happydance: wahoo.

Here the first scan is at 12 weeks, exceptions being if you had ivf, more than 3 previous losses or you are bleeding. They won't scan if everything seems to be going well just to make sure, only if there is actually a problem. We are booked in at hospitals for scans unless you can afford to go private.

Here the first scan is at 12 weeks, exceptions being if you had ivf, more than 3 previous losses or you are bleeding. They won't scan if everything seems to be going well just to make sure, only if there is actually a problem. We are booked in at hospitals for scans unless you can afford to go private.

Are you from the UK? Sounds like England, my sister lives there and she had her first scan at 12 weeks. Here you get a referral from your doctor and go to your nearest MIC (medical imaging centre). It is common practice at many clinics to do the first scan at 12 weeks. But unfortunately ectopic pregnancies are on the rise and by detecting it early it will prevent damage to the Fallopian tube and possible emergency surgery. This is why at the clinic I go to they recommend an early scan.

Yeah in uk. I had a suspected ectopic last time, scan showed I was too early on to see where the pregnancy was and I miscarried before repeat scan was done so never found out either way.

Totally random but how can.you tell the difference between normal pregnancy discharge and thrush? Only time I had thrush was when I had antibiotics whilst preg 7 years ago so can't remember what it's like :/ no dr app avsilable until Tuesday when I am already booken in for pregnancy confirmatiin.

oh gosh yes, anything sets the heartburn off! Today though, it's my allergies driving me crazy! I have a migraine from hell and had to pop open a soda (I know, terrible!) and take a few sips. I think my body is having caffeine withdrawals because I really, really love my caffeine.

Ohh the caffeine withdrawal isn't fun. I stopped drinking caffuene exert maybe the odd coffee just twice a week back in January ready to start ttc in March as I didn't fancy caffeine withdrawal in early pregnancy! Don't envy you! Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah in uk. I had a suspected ectopic last time, scan showed I was too early on to see where the pregnancy was and I miscarried before repeat scan was done so never found out either way.

Totally random but how can.you tell the difference between normal pregnancy discharge and thrush? Only time I had thrush was when I had antibiotics whilst preg 7 years ago so can't remember what it's like :/ no dr app avsilable until Tuesday when I am already booken in for pregnancy confirmatiin.

As far as I know the difference would be in whether or not you are experiencing pain when you are passing urine, pain with intercourse or abnormal looking discharge. Also itching is a sign of thrush. Other than that it should be normal to experience more vaginal discharge in early pregnancy. Hope this is helpful.

oh gosh yes, anything sets the heartburn off! Today though, it's my allergies driving me crazy! I have a migraine from hell and had to pop open a soda (I know, terrible!) and take a few sips. I think my body is having caffeine withdrawals because I really, really love my caffeine.

I'm sorry to hear about your allergies, hopefully you will get relief sooner rather than later. Caffeine withdrawals can be nasty, although that will get better with time I'm sure. Do you have a sweet tooth? I'm seriously craving everything sweet.

I wish I had thought to cut caffeine out pre pregnancy! Of course, we got pregnant so much quicker than I expected that I didn't really have time to do so. But I still limit myself as I was told cutting caffeine cold turkey could actually stress baby more than gradually weaning off!

and I'm not so much for sweets, but salty foods I LOVE! Like potato chips, pickles, french fries. YUM!

I wish I had thought to cut caffeine out pre pregnancy! Of course, we got pregnant so much quicker than I expected that I didn't really have time to do so. But I still limit myself as I was told cutting caffeine cold turkey could actually stress baby more than gradually weaning off!

and I'm not so much for sweets, but salty foods I LOVE! Like potato chips, pickles, french fries. YUM!

Generally, if you keep it under the equivalent of 2 cups a day (approx 150 MG caffiene total) you'll be good to go. However, over four cups a day is linked to bad news. So even though I'm a coffee junkie, with my history I'm definitely staying under the two cups!

Well I certainly don't mind salty foods either :p. One thing I'm wondering out of curiousity is does anyone of you have an intuition as to what gender your baby might be? I have been having this overwhelming feeling that it's a girl I'm carrying. It really doesn't matter to me and my husband what it is, but I have a feeling that it's a girl. Crazy ha?

Generally, if you keep it under the equivalent of 2 cups a day (approx 150 MG caffiene total) you'll be good to go. However, over four cups a day is linked to bad news. So even though I'm a coffee junkie, with my history I'm definitely staying under the two cups!

Yep, I'm still drinking coffee too, but I've cut back to one cup a day, and I'm making it weaker. I couldn't get through my work day without it. but the afternoons are SO tough after my morning buzz is gone. Oh the exhaustion! :coffee: It also doesn't help that we're potty training DS, and he's waking up twice each night to pee ( sound familiar? :haha:) and he screams for me to help him (he has a fit if daddy tries to help).

Well I certainly don't mind salty foods either :p. One thing I'm wondering out of curiousity is does anyone of you have an intuition as to what gender your baby might be? I have been having this overwhelming feeling that it's a girl I'm carrying. It really doesn't matter to me and my husband what it is, but I have a feeling that it's a girl. Crazy ha?

I have this really strong feeling it's a girl. So does my mother in law and mom. I'm not sure, I just have this weird intuition that it's team pink. :thumbup:

One thing I'm wondering out of curiousity is does anyone of you have an intuition as to what gender your baby might be? I have been having this overwhelming feeling that it's a girl I'm carrying. It really doesn't matter to me and my husband what it is, but I have a feeling that it's a girl. Crazy ha?

BeckyTY, I see myself having another boy. Not an overwhelming feeling, but just a guess. Wouldn't it be fun if everyone tried to predict the gender of their babies, and then in 10+ weeks we can see how many of us were right?

Also, where are you from? "In the north"...of what?

Also also, I ate a million potato chips today ( are they 'crisps' in UK?). Somehow I managed NOT to eat the whole bag, so that felt like a major victory. But... Now all this talk of salty food is tempting me to crawl out of bed and finish where I left off.

That is funny Britt, it will be so nice to find out if we were right or not. Elma my sister had a feeling she would have a boy right from the start and sure enough she was right! I am from Canada. So definitely up north :) I can't wait until we all have our gender scans and find out if we were right or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->