Decembers little darlings now in first tri

So so happy for you! I bet you were both so relieved. I told you that you'd just be earlier than you thought since your BFP was later just like mine! :) So excited for you x

LaLa...so happy you had a good dr visit!

How is everyone else feeling?

AFM, I am 8 weeks exactly today (based off my O date)! I've been taking the progesterone since Friday night and will get my blood test results back today. Boobs are not nearly as sore as they've been, but also not 100% normal. Mild nausea off and on, very close to throwing up this morning while brushing teeth. Tired and fall asleep super fast but when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, I am up for at least an hour because I can't fall right back to sleep. Mild aches and pains in my back and tummy but nothing severe at all. My doctor appointment and ultrasound is Friday...excited and nervous!

Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing, congrats to any newbies and any scans :)

Oh, forgot to update about my boyfriend and that whole situation. I swear, I am a normal, simple girl, I hate that I am sounding like that girl with so much drama.

Anyway, after a bunch of nonsense talk and me pretty much assuming he is out - both with me and the baby, yesterday he said he does want to make it work, doesn't want to lose me and is starting to feel happy about being a father. He is terrified of change and scared about having a baby, but wants to try to move forward as a couple and eventually as a family. I want to believe him and he is going to start back with therapy (he's gone on and off for many years). He's really not as horrible as he sounds, but his family did a horrible job raising him. He has zero coping skills and when stressful situations arise, he goes ballistic. I told him yesterday that the hurtful words he said to me are no different than him punching me in the face and that I have zero interest in hearing that for the rest of my life just because he is "scared". He totally understood, hence the therapy and trying to take on a new path. The fact that he is calling himself out on all his "flaws" is a good thing, I think. I know that is not always him and I'm willing to keep trying. However, I am staying at my moms indefinitely. Its just a much more calming, nurturing and stress free environment for now. He is fine with that too. That's my story.

Yay lala!!! I'm so happy for you. That's absolutely amazing. My MIL always guesses the gender based on the first heartbeat reading. I'm assuming she would say you're having a girl (faster is supposed to indicate a girl right?). So exciting!!

Wonders, I'm glad you two have talked and you're feeling a bit better about the situation. And I'm really glad that you are still staying at your mom's!! Sounds like a great environment, and taking it slow with your boyfriend is probably the perfect thing to do. Don't want too much extra stress right now!

I'm 7 weeks now and taking these diclectin pills for the nausea. Have a terrible head cold to go with the minor queasiness so I've been sleeping like crap! Can't wait to feel better. I just know by March I'll be in my second trimester and feeling like a million bucks. I can make it until then, right?!? Scan is scheduled for 8:30am next Monday morning. I'll be 8 weeks but it'll still be transvaginal so no urine holding, yay!!! So nervous and excited to see how that little bean is doing:)

Sweetpea: sorry you've been feeling so crappy. I hope those pills will work for you :flower: It's funny - I'd never heard the heartbeat theory before, but my SIL says she thinks I'm having a boy based on that theory too. I have thought boy from the start, just for no reason really? I don't even really look at girl names or anything!

Wonders: I'm glad that your boyfriend wants to make things work. It's definitely for the best to stay out of a stress free environment for now.

I had a really good day yesterday. Didn't feel like complete crap like I did the day before. Still loads of food aversions though and exhaustion. I'm assuming today will be a bad day because that's how it seems to work for me! Good day, bad day. And it just so happens I'm back at work today after the weekend :p

Buffy, Hopefully you do have a boy! I'm sure you'd be happy with a girl too but it's so hard to think of names if you aren't prepared! lol.
So, I just cried at work for the first time ever! I work at a retirement community as a bookkeeper and some old man was just SO RUDE to me because I made a mistake on his bill (which I was obviously very willing to correct). Urgh! It's the worst when people are rude for silly reasons:( I'm sure the hormones aren't helping me either. Hope everyone else is having a better day then me!

Lala that is such brilliant news!! So happy for you :)

I had my scan today and all was well!! Could see a very strong heartbeat flickering away. I am also earlier on than first thought, but I expected that as I know I ovulate late in my cycle.

Here is our little blob at 7w3d :D

P.s I am not sure what to do about telling friends and rest of family... Still seems pretty early but with a heartbeat established I dunno ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
Great news, Eroe!

My blood test results came back. I thought they were testing my progesterone but apparently, they tested HcG. Numbers were 79,400 which she said was very good for my dates and Google agreed :haha:. But...then she said they want me to have an ultrasound at a lab prior to my appointment on Friday so they can get more detailed info, like heartbeats per minute, baby measurements and how far along I am, etc. I understand all that and I'm definitely not one to turn down a chance to see baby but I guess I'm confused since everything keeps coming back normal, why they want extra tests? She said because I had a prior loss and have had a few minor issues thus far, they want to make sure everything continues to go well. I'm not super anxious about it, but should I be?

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone :)

Wonders- it's good that the father is trying to move forward. I'm happy to hear that you're staying at your mums though- sounds like the best idea. Don't worry, I don't think you're a drama queen lol.

Wanting- thanks for coming in :) you are always welcome to come in and have chats here!! We miss you!

Sweet pea- my DH is positive we are having a girl lol, I don't know why. He is just SURE of it. I think the fact that all of our friends ONLY have baby boys might tie into it... Like the odds are against us for having a boy lol. I always really wanted a little boy- but it's not like I'll be disappointed with a girl lol... I am seriously scared of raising teenage girls though haha oh well that's future me's problem. Hopefully your tablets make you feel better ASAP! :) ugh I hate rude people-- especially old men. Something about mean old men really gets to me, I would have cried too! There is no need to be mean when things are accidental and can be easily solved.

Buffy- yay for feeling better!!! I can't wait to start feeling better haha

Eroe- woohoo that's fantastic!! There is nothing better than seeing the heartbeat!! So happy for you. I'm not sure about telling friends and family either. I think we will tell very immediate family members very soon and then everyone else after 12 weeks. I asked DH when he will make it "Facebook official" (I don't have fb). He said he isn't sure if he will at all! Lol. I said he probably should maybe around 13+ weeks. Just so extended family who aren't close by know.

As for me- we told the FIL and MIL last night. They are excited. I reaaaally hope my MIL doesn't tell anyone! Very worried about that. I feel so guilty about not telling my own mum yet. I might have to just tell her over the phone today. Boo :( oh well.
So my twin sister has known since we got our bfp, but hasn't really got excited due to our previous losses...well that all changed yesterday! She is over the moon!! It has made me sooo happy :D she will be the best auntie ever. Also the cool one who buys the little one great pressies haha. I just know she will spoil them.

Great news, Eroe!

My blood test results came back. I thought they were testing my progesterone but apparently, they tested HcG. Numbers were 74,900 which she said was very good for my dates and Google agreed :haha:. But...then she said they want me to have an ultrasound at a lab prior to my appointment on Friday so they can get more detailed info, like heartbeats per minute, baby measurements and how far along I am, etc. I understand all that and I'm definitely not one to turn down a chance to see baby but I guess I'm confused since everything keeps coming back normal, why they want extra tests? She said because I had a prior loss and have had a few minor issues thus far, they want to make sure everything continues to go well. I'm not super anxious about it, but should I be?

I wouldn't be too scared-- they just want to check in in your little bean because of your previous loss :) very exciting!! What day will the scan be? Yaaaay!!

Thanks LaLa! Forgot to post that. My scan will be Wednesday afternoon.

I checked my medical info online and my numbers were actually 79,400...I reversed it lol. Where it would say low, normal, etc...it says "high". Is it really that high? I was 7w4d for blood draw. Could have been closer to 8.

Thanks LaLa! Forgot to post that. My scan will be Wednesday afternoon.

I checked my medical info online and my numbers were actually 79,400...I reversed it lol. Where it would say low, normal, etc...it says "high". Is it really that high? I was 7w4d for blood draw. Could have been closer to 8.

Well based off this site it seems like a perfect number :) yay
https://www.huggies.com.au/pregnancy/early-stages/symptoms/hcg-levels/chart/

Lala- Thanks! For our group, it seems to go in waves, everyone had girls a few years ago and now they are all having boys. We have 4 nieces and 2 nephews so DH is thinking a boy. I actually have a girl feeling lately, not sure why. I'd be so happy either way! Although teenage girls terrify me to!! It'd be nice if you did have a boy just so you could get all the hand-me-downs from your friends!

We told our parents and siblings over Christmas even though DH wanted to wait a while, I pressured him lol! We won't be telling anyone else until week 13 or 14 I think.

Wonders, high numbers are great!! If you think you might be off on your days, then they don't really indicate anything special except that all is going well! Excited to hear about your scan on Wednesday!!

Feeling pretty decent today. I'm actually on the hungry side today. I didn't want my lunch to end!

I am getting a little down about my skin. The pimples on my chin are getting out of control and some are a little painful! I've always been acne-prone but finally found a skin-care combo that worked for me and my skin was looking great! But now I can't use any of it and I think that, plus my hormones, are wreaking havoc!

I think I'm having a girl because of my skin and because I've been craving fruit and sweets more than salty, crunchy stuff. I also think baby is on the left side of uterus and have read that means girl according to the Ramzi theory. And just a feeling I guess. So far that's all I have to go on!

My skin is kinda bad too. It's not SO bad that it's ridiculous, but it's a lot more pimples than I usually get.

Woke up this morning and my boobs aren't sore :shrug: I did sleep from 7pm last night through til 6am this morning. And it's only Wednesday..
And Thursday is my longest day at work, and Friday is my earliest start. Ugh - I dread going to work these days.

Spoke too soon - boobs are definitely still sore :thumbup:

And my constipation is honestly horrendous.

Spoke too soon - boobs are definitely still sore :thumbup:

And my constipation is honestly horrendous.

Eat sultana bran for breakfast!! And grapes for snacks :)

I am the opposite... Every morning I have an upset tummy. Boo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->