Decembers little darlings now in first tri

My work found out straight away pretty much. We are a very small workplace and I kept having morning sickness, so I couldn't hide it. I would have preferred to have kept it a secret for longer but I didn't really have a choice. At least everyone is supportive :)

I only work with 4 other people and I've been feeling SO sick. I've only vomited twice but its been at home before work both times luckily! But they are still none the wiser.

Caribbean - oh my god!!

Omg CaribbeanBaby thats awful. My son was 11lb 5oz by c section and I'm not surprised u tired so bad as he was huge and in 0-3 month clothes the day he was born

I didn't! And that was the whole problem. She was a giant baby, 11 lbs 4 (5.1kg) and ripped me from cervix to bum so literally tore me apart. I also had post partum hemorrhaging and lost 3.5 litres of blood, had blood transfusions and well over 100 stitches. I'm lucky they didn't give me a hysterectomy (which I had to sign a permission form while I was about to be rushed to the ER) and the doctor said later that I should not have another natural birth. Even if I could there is not a single chance in hell I would ever put myself through that again!

Oh my god... That is every woman's worst nightmare!!! Holy moly. I can't believe they didn't give you a c-section! At least you know you'll never have to go through that again x

As soon as she popped out, I remember the midwife said "Oh God, that should have been a cesarean, for sure." Ahhh.... a little late there, but thanks. I did write to the hospital to complain, as I had 4 different doctors for prenatal appointments (36 weeks - 41 weeks), and asked each one over 6 weeks (a couple I had twice) what size the baby was. How did all 4 of them miss an 11 lb baby?? That told me they weren't doing their jobs properly. I am very lucky to be alive!

That's why I think it's amusing that women have birth plans. Or 'I won't take drugs'. Hahah okay let me hear you say that an hour or two into labour. You can't plan your birth.. Even if I had a 6 lb baby, you couldn't pay me enough money to endure that again! I don't even mean just the birth (epidural was administered but... still) I mean afterwards, it took a very long time to heal and I have a lot of scar tissue down there. I was sitting in salt baths and my bits looked like two sausages sewn together. It was a really traumatic time in my life.

This all explains why I have an only child that is 14 and no others lol.. wasn't about to rush into THAT again. Not for a million dollars.

My goodness. My lady bits shrivelled up a little bit reading that. :haha:

Caribbean...that is horrible! I don't blame you for taking lots of time before another child! I'm going in with an open mind. My preference is vaginal delivery with epidural and any safe pain meds. I'm not trying to be a hero. If baby is too big, in distress, or any other medical reason makes Dr think I need a C-section, I don't really have much of a choice IMO and that's what will happen.

As promised, here is my little bean! Starting to looking like a baby already!

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a5df34b3127ccee84bdefa4f6c00000040O02AbNXLFw0bMge3nwg/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00200648195620150115115152400.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Yay Wonders!!! Great news and what a cute little guy/gal! :thumbup:

Oh Caribbean- I am so sorry you had to go through that! I think that's great advice... plan to be surprised. I'm not even sure I will have many choices. I'm with you Wonders, not trying to be a hero- bring on that pain medicine! :haha:

I called my MIL and she is going with me for the scan tomorrow. I just wanted someone there in case something is wrong. We told DH's family last week before he went out of town and they are the only ones who know at this point. I feel a little bit bad because my own mother doesn't even know yet (my family lives further away) and she would DIE if she knew my MIL 1) knew before her and 2) SAW the babies before she did! No bad blood there between them, but I get it. The good thing is that there will probably be plenty more for her to accompany me to, so I will probably swear my MIL to secrecy!:-$

Caribbean - What a terrifying story!! Good for you for even getting pregnant again! I'm sure a planned C-section will be a much less traumatising experience for you:) I'm pretty sure my baby will be small, I was small, and DH was a very average 7lb 8oz baby, so I'm hoping for around 7lbs! I totally get what you are saying about the birth plans. I never even thought about making one. My preference is all natural but I'm 100% open to see where things go. My worst nightmare is having to endure hours of hard labour and then end up having and emergency C-section anyways. So hopefully that doesn't happen but I'll live if it does!

I had a super vivid dream about a baby girl last night. She was beautiful and had hair! We were at this large gathering and I kept walking around with her in a baby bjorn trying to find my DH so I could show him the baby. Weird!
Still not feeling great but looking forward to the weekend and then seeing the little bean on Monday. Woo Hoo!!

Wonders- Congrats on the awesome scan girl:) That heart rate sounds normal to me, it's hard not to worry and Google though isn't it?

Praying- Good luck with the scan tomorrow! Can't wait to see another pic of those babies:)

Thanks everyone! I'm starting to finally relax and feel good about everything, but scared to let my guard down completely, you know? Just a few more weeks and I will be in 2nd tri!

Feeling more nauseous today than usual. Normally by mid-morning, my breakfast has kicked in and I'm fine. Even my usual snacks aren't helping.

I'm only working a half-day (not even) tomorrow and then my mom and I are going to the doctor for my bloodwork and another peak at baby. It won't be as good as at the ultrasound place, but I'm excited for my mom to see it, in person. Then going out for lunch and relaxing. I have Monday off too :happydance:. I really need the rest.

Hi everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone's getting on... so nice that you've all seen your little beans on scans! So exciting, anyone not had their scan yet either? Just 13 days till we see him/her (hopefully! I still have that horrible fear there'll be nothing there!)

Are you ladies staying team yellow or will you be finding out gender? We didn't find out last time but pretty sure we will this time.

Ooh and excited to see my ticker become more baby than alien :haha:

Leann, your ticker is cute :thumbup:

I'm definitely finding out gender. I know people say they like a surprise, but I'll be surprised at 20 weeks, or at 40 weeks. It's still a surprise! Plus I'm far too impatient :haha:

Hi Leann, I haven't had my scan yet either, it's coming up on Monday morning, so nervous and excited!! This is number 1 for us and we won't be finding out the gender. No one in DH's family does and he wants to stick with that tradition. I don't care whether we find out either way although I'm sure once I'm at the 20 week scan I'll be nosey about it lol!

I found out with my daughter and I will definitely find out with this one. I would prefer to be able to prepare fully for it and I don't want an entire nursery and wardrobe of yellow green and white everything. Boring! As Buffy said, it's still a surprise at 20 weeks.. not much more surprising at 40 weeks lol so I don't see the difference other than not being able to be prepared at 40 weeks. There's a lot more time to do that while you're pregnant rather than afterwards with a newborn.

Hi ladies! Had such a great day. Dr visit with my mom, she got to se baby's heart beating in person! Then a yummy lunch and lots of quality time with my boyfriend.

The Dr took 5 :wacko: vials of blood. And I'm officially 9 weeks today so I'll have to change my ticker! And...because I'm an old lady, I am getting the Panorama test in 2 weeks and I'll know if this little bean is a he or a she! Then my NT scan the following week and another monthly OB visit in February.

We're currently discussing the NIPT/Harmony test as well. I just turned 38 so I'm an 'oldie' :haha: I asked my Doctor and she didn't seem to really know about it (hmmm) and I asked to find out more for me. Her receptionist called 10 minutes after I left with the helpful information that it will cost between $400 and $900. Thank you. I already knew that! I wanted to know how much YOU guys were going to charge me. So I will call again on Monday to ask specifics. There is a massively huge difference between $400 and $900!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->