Decembers little darlings now in first tri

We are using a bassinet in the bedroom for the first 3 months too. My husband is just really excited about doing the nursery. He read somewhere that it was on the "to-do list for second trimester" and so if he read it on the internet, it must be true! :haha:

We will be doing ours when we have the stuff! We built our house and haven't even been here two years yet, so nothing needs painting or anything :flower:

I'm the same as Buffy! I'm not organized at all. People have just being bringing stuff over and I've been throwing it all in the baby room. Luckily, I'm in no rush at all. My babe will be sleeping in a basinet in our room for at least the first three months. Is that not common practice for everyone else? It's common among everyone around here.
We will have it I the Moses basket in our room until it gets too big and had to go in the cot.official recommendations here are same room for 6 months but that seems a long time to me and once it needs the main cot it will have to have its own room. We are decorating the nursery soon though, my mom is helping me paint a Winnie the pooh mural.

Aww spiceyorange that sounds adorable! We are going a little out of the box and doing a superhero theme for the room! It's a little boyish, but if it ends up being a girl I'll add some purple accents:) I can't find any crib bedding that isn't stupidly expensive so I've decided to make my own! It actually looks really easy to me. Again, I'm not in a super big rush to do that though.

I think 6 months is definitely a long time to have in your bedroom, but if I have a boy I'll probably do it for that long. I know boys are more susceptible to SIDS so I think I'd be to paranoid to have him in his own room. Luckily all of our bedrooms have ceiling fans so that helps:) I think it also depends on how you sleep with the baby in the room. If he/she is tossing and turning and every little noise wakes you up, might be better to move them to their own room a bit earlier.

Anyone feeling movement yet? I've had this pressure like pain on one side of my bump on and off and I wonder if it's a foot or limb digging in? My bump is def. bigger and harder on that side so I'm sure that's where baby is. I've not felt it move at all but do your think it could be baby digging in?? No "flutters" or anything yet though

I actually was laying in bed this morning and thought I felt something!!! No idea though if it was, but I got kind of excited lol.

I'll probably have the baby in the bedroom for 3 months. You never know though until the baby is here ;)

I feel flutters but no definite kicks yet. I saw my gp yesterday and he said I should feel it in the next 2 weeks.

My dr appointment went well yesterday. Blood pressure is still good, lost another 2kgs and he said baby was sitting where is it supposed to be. So that was good.
I did my glucose tolerance test this morning!! I am soooo proud of myself for not vomiting. I was soooo close to it though haha. So disgusting. Just not having food in my stomach makes it worse I guess. Anyway, proud that I got through it lol. Now nervous for my results in a couple of days :/

Spicy, I sounds like it is the baby :) my dr said that between 18-20 weeks is when it's normal to feel the baby move so there's still a few more weeks.

I'm dreading that test lala. Well done for getting through it :thumbup:

What exactly do you have to do for the glucose test? Also, I definitely haven't felt any movement yet. It's still early for me but I'm eagerly waiting for it!

Yay Lala! I am sooo dreading that test. I wonder if I can convince my OB not to make me fast, or at least let me drink an alternative to that nasty orange drink. I read that drinking a certain amount of OJ and cranberry juice have the same amount of sugar, so maybe?

I have my anatomy scan on Monday! I'm SO excited I can hardly stand it. :happydance::headspin::yipee: In addition to DH, my sister is coming with her two little ones (their dad is being difficult and wouldn't watch them or let his parents watch them, but I think it could be really fun for them!) but I'm having them stay outside the room until they are ready to tell us the gender... just in case. They are 5 and 3, no need for them to be traumatized if something is wrong. Every time they talk to me or my sister mentions me they ask "When are the babies going to come out?" They have no concept of "August" yet, and the little one thinks they are going to be her babies. What dolls!!

What exactly do you have to do for the glucose test? Also, I definitely haven't felt any movement yet. It's still early for me but I'm eagerly waiting for it!

I've not heard of this, does anyone know if they do it in the UK?

You drink that disgusting drink and they test to see if you have gestational diabetes. I think.

That's so exciting praying. Mine isn't until April 13th. Although March is flying by, it still feels like forever away.

Well you go in and they take a blood test for a baseline, and then you drink a big bottle of sweet drink (mine wasn't the orange stuff I've seen before, it was clear and fizzy... Like lemonade, only a hundred times sweeter) and you have to drink the whole bottle in 5 minutes. Then you sit there and after one hour they take another blood test, and then you sit there for another hour and they do another blood test.
It just checks for gestational diabetes.
It wouldn't be so gross if you didn't have to fast before hand for it.

Yay Lala! I am sooo dreading that test. I wonder if I can convince my OB not to make me fast, or at least let me drink an alternative to that nasty orange drink. I read that drinking a certain amount of OJ and cranberry juice have the same amount of sugar, so maybe?

I have my anatomy scan on Monday! I'm SO excited I can hardly stand it. :happydance::headspin::yipee: In addition to DH, my sister is coming with her two little ones (their dad is being difficult and wouldn't watch them or let his parents watch them, but I think it could be really fun for them!) but I'm having them stay outside the room until they are ready to tell us the gender... just in case. They are 5 and 3, no need for them to be traumatized if something is wrong. Every time they talk to me or my sister mentions me they ask "When are the babies going to come out?" They have no concept of "August" yet, and the little one thinks they are going to be her babies. What dolls!!
Awww so adorable :)

Are you allowed to wee after drinking that stuff?

I think here they just test your pee for sugars, I don't think they do that.don't sounds fun though!

Are you allowed to wee after drinking that stuff?

Yeh :) but I didn't because I was scared that if I walked into the toilet I would just be overcome with the need to vomit haha I know that sounds silly though.

Oh good because I will need to wee about 5 times after drinking that much in 5 minutes!

I have my GTT at 8am Monday... yuck. Then I have my anatomy/morphology scan at 3pm on Tuesday.

I picked up a secondhand cot and change table today. They are in perfect condition and only $130 for both. They even threw in some cot sheets, blankets, and their stroller! What a bargain. I will be getting a new stroller when we go to USA in October but this free one will be great in the interim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->