Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Wonders - I'll only be having around 3 months off too. The thing I hate most is when people question me about it, or tell me I need longer off. If I had the money, I obviously would! We are hopefully moving back home though and I won't mind so much leaving the baby with family at that young age. Also if our house sells for what we are hoping, I can probably afford to have a little longer off work.

I know! If I could choose, I'd love to at least take the first half of the school year off (where I work) and return in January but financially, it is just not an option. Oh well.

I just unenrolled from my uni subjects for the semester and applied for a leave of a sense from study for the rest of the year.
I am sooo ridiculously stressed and I can't fathom how I would be able to handle doing everything I do now in addition to prac coming up for a month.
Feeling pretty crappy but I've done the right thing for me right now.

Aww, sorry! Its ok to be disappointed but school is not going anywhere and its important to not stress yourself out too much :hugs:

Awww, I was just joking! I am so impressed with Canada's maternity leave policy though!! :thumbup:

Hahaha this pregnancy is making me super dumb! I'm really grateful for the awesome maternity leave. It would be super stressful to go back to work that soon! It's nice that you ladies have family to help out. Definitely better than sending them to be cared for by people you don't know.

Also Lala I'm sorry you had to leave uni:( I totally get it, I couldn't imagine being that busy. It's the last thing you need right now. Like Wonders said, it'll still be there when you're ready!

That would have been a hard decision lala, but it sounds like it might have been the right one :flower:

I'm positive I'm feeling baby now. It is just twitching/muscle spasm/popcorn popping kind of movements, and it's pretty much just when I'm laying down at night. But I'm sure this is it!!

That would have been a hard decision lala, but it sounds like it might have been the right one :flower:

I'm positive I'm feeling baby now. It is just twitching/muscle spasm/popcorn popping kind of movements, and it's pretty much just when I'm laying down at night. But I'm sure this is it!!

Definitely sounds like baby!

It is so cool! I can't wait until I can feel it from the outside so that my husband can feel it too.

It is so cool! I can't wait until I can feel it from the outside so that my husband can feel it too.

yay for feeling baby!

The odd thing is that I can usually only feel it with my hand on my belly. Yesterday I think I was feeling it more from the inside as well, but anytime I've known for sure I felt something was from the outside. I wonder why that is? Maybe because of my extra padding? Plus the placenta? I'm not stressing really about it because of all those things, and I saw her squirming around a lot this week at my ultrasound. I think she also likes to lay upside down, with her back into my placenta. So that probably doesn't help either lol.

I can't wait to feel it, midwife said it's totally fine I still hasn't but I'm getting impatient. 18 weeks now and not a flicker, I've been concentrating really hard but there's not been a bubble in sight.

From what I've read, it's totally normal to still not be feeling it at this stage, so I wouldn't worry. But I totally was getting impatient too!

It's currently 3.15am and I am WIDE AWAKE. It is so frustrating.

spicyorange I hear you! I'm about the same days as you and I haven't felt anything yet:( Totally getting impatient. I hope I feel something before my 20 week scan, if not I'll be expecting them to tell me I have an anterior placenta. I really have no idea where mine is. Does everyone else know the position of there's? Luckily the Doppler still makes me happy but some movement would be nice!

spicyorange I hear you! I'm about the same days as you and I haven't felt anything yet:( Totally getting impatient. I hope I feel something before my 20 week scan, if not I'll be expecting them to tell me I have an anterior placenta. I really have no idea where mine is. Does everyone else know the position of there's? Luckily the Doppler still makes me happy but some movement would be nice!

I know mine is anterior but up high, not low near cervix. I think they only mentioned after my scan when I had spotting a few weeks ago. They looked really closely at it to see if that caused the bleeding, that's when they mentioned the position.

The only times I feel anything (again, only with my hand) are first thing in the morning before I get up or in the evening when I'm resting and watching tv - except as I'm typing this, I just felt this little tickle feeling to the left of my belly button so maybe thats her lol. Its really so crazy. I'm looking forward to definite movements!

I have no idea about my placenta. I also don't have a Doppler. My next scan feels forever away!! (April 13)

Some pics as promised:

Nothing fancy, but how we announced on facebook:

https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/wonders10/baby4.jpg

Cute outfits I couldn't resist!

https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/wonders10/baby2.jpg

Our little girl - anatomy scan at 18+3

https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/wonders10/baby%201.jpg

The bump - looking huge, but I had a belly to begin with

https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/wonders10/baby3.jpg

I have no idea where my placenta is, I think they will tell new at my 20 week but that's two whole weeks away! I hole I feel it before then. Baby's really do take a lot of waiting and patience!

Sweet pea- they told my at my nt scan that I have a posterior placenta, I think she really told me everything because I kept asking questions lol so then she narrated every second of what she was doing. It was great, I hate not knowing when they are looking at things because I start to worry something is wrong lol.

Awww wonders soooooo cute! And those outfits are adorable! And holy bump fest!!! I wish I had a big ol bump!

It's my DHs 27th birthday today! He always gets a little funny about birthdays. Silly billy. We are still so young (I'm 25), he's got to get oveeeer it. Anyway it's my weekend off (I only get one weekend off a month so I always look forward to it) and I'm really happy it's fallen on his birthday weekend.
His mum called like a month ago and wanted to arrange family get together for it, and sometimes she really oversteps the boundaries... Anyway she wanted to do either a dinner at a Mexican restaurant, or brunch on Sunday at their house. I said Brunch on Sunday, because it have organised for us to have a games night at our house for tonight with his friends and I'm cooking Mexican food...
Anyway, she came over while I was at work one day (she does this whenever she wants to get in his ear) and told him that we are going out for lunch on Saturday as well, and to the Mexican place.
I love my in laws but I don't want to spend ALL WEEKEND WITH THEM. And I'm cranky that she organised it when I wasn't there- dh doesn't want to go but he finds it really hard saying no to his mum because she gets really sensitive. I'm just annoyed!! She knows I was organising a Mexican dinner with his friends tonight (it's DHs favourite food) and she purposely didn't tell me about it so that I couldn't say no.

Oh lala that is so annoying :( I hope you can still enjoy the weekend & your DH can enjoy his birthday.

I had my parents come and stay over last night. DH was on night shift at work. Anyway, my mum is a smoker. She obviously smokes outside, but the smell is EVERYWHERE! I can't believe I ever lived with them. I can't handle it now. They left this morning and I've been washing all the sheets and towels, and I've vacuumed and mopped and disinfected and wiped and opened all the windows so the smell will be gone. I also dread the times my parents will look after my baby and it will come home smelling like cigarettes :(

Funny thing about smokers is that they don't care about anyone else. Last night my mum was having a cigarette out the front of my house and left the front door wide open!! The smell was coming inside. My nice new house. So frustrating! And every time I ask her to move further away from me while she is smoking, she gets all angry and grumpy like I've just asked her for a million dollars.

Ugh how annoying Buffy!! I would be so frustrated. Yeh the less you are around cigarettes, the stronger the smell is to you, and then you realise the smell is in EVERYTHING!

Wonders we are in the same FB group. I remember the photo of the Old Navy clothes - I am the one that said I tried to buy it but they were out of stock!

Buffy it's horrid isn't it, and there's evidence that the smoke people carry on their clothes is enough to be harmful. I'm so glad none of my family smoke Bashar I wouldn't want that anywhere near me or baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->