Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Mine is 930am Monday. In the letter they sent me, it said to allow 2 hours for the ultrasound. Definitely finding out gender!

I then have my first midwife appointment on Tuesday.

Am getting the whooping cough injection in the third trimester.

I already got my whooping cough vaccine (and all the others that needed updated) in 2013 when we told our gp that we were trying.
That poor 4 week old... It was so, so sad.

We've asked all of our immediate family members to get it too, and thankfully everyone has been happy to do so :)

Lala check if you need it again because I had whooping cough last year (it was horrible as an adult is hate to see a child have it) but I was told that you have to have the vaccine when your actually pregnant to pass the immunity to your child. I'll be getting it for sure!!

I'm also Asking my family members to get it too :flower:

I think I'm feeling baby a lot more now?! At least I'm sure that's what it is. Halfway tomorrow!!

Lala check if you need it again because I had whooping cough last year (it was horrible as an adult is hate to see a child have it) but I was told that you have to have the vaccine when your actually pregnant to pass the immunity to your child. I'll be getting it for sure!!

I was told at my midwife appt that because I've already been vaccinated that bubs will get their shot later (I think 6 weeks?). But if I can get the shot again and it not be a problem then I definitely will if it helps baby out :D I will ask at my next OB appointment at 28 weeks!

Ooh Buffy that's great-- my baby kicked a lot today!! Made me jump twice!!!! So exciting. But still can't feel movement from the outside (and also still don't have hourly movements).

It's so exciting isn't it?!
I think I felt the baby once last week from the outside, but nothing since then. All just from the inside!

I'm so jealous I STILL have no movement in or out!
Baby should get their whooping cough, diptheria, tetanus, hon, pneumococcal and rotavirus vaccines (3 jabs total) at six weeks but any immunity you have will cover them until then.

It's totally normal not to feel the baby yet. Some ladies don't feel it until they are well in to 20 weeks. Mine is actually still not that strong, but I'm sure it HAS to be baby. Maybe yours moves while you're asleep and that's why you don't feel it yet. It's so faint it wouldn't be enough to wake you :flower:

I'm just impatient,I feel like the only person I this site who didn't feel it at like 15 weeks!!I can only hope it means nasty baby is a good sleeper lol!

I read today if you don't feel something by 24 weeks then you should let your doctor know.

I've got my 20 week scan on Monday all that should out my mind at rest and might shed light on why I haven't felt anything yet. Otherwise I guess 4 weeks is plenty is time to start feeling something! Babies grow a lot in that time

I'm just impatient,I feel like the only person I this site who didn't feel it at like 15 weeks!!I can only hope it means nasty baby is a good sleeper lol!

I feel the same way! I felt a little something with my hand at 17 weeks but really nothing since. I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow and last night and a little this morning, I think I have finally felt her move - felt like a small fish flopping and others felt like being tickled, all near my belly button. I may have been feeling her at other times but it wasn't noticeable for me to think it was anything other than normal tummy movements.

I think a few things contributed to me taking a while to feel her. 1) I'm overweight. 2) I have an anterior placenta. 3) It's my first baby. 4) I think she is a tiny little thing (even for her age) so took awhile for her moves to get strong enough.

I just had a doctor appointment yesterday and told her I wasn't feeling much and what little I might have felt was very sporadic and only at night. She said that is very normal and by my next appt (24 weeks), I'll be feeling her a lot more.

Yep, you'll be fine spicy. It just takes time for some :flower:

On another note, I am SO happy it's Friday. We have been short staffed all week at work and it's school holidays, so we are always busy (I work at a dentist.) So I'm tired and ready for it to be over! We have an engagement party to go to tomorrow night. I Don't miss alcohol, but when I go to events like that I wish I could have a drink!

Yay for Friday, I love the weekend but equally in wishing Monday here for my scan!

Buffy- I have a quick dental question for you. I chipped my tooth (molar) a few weeks ago while eating but am worried that they won't be able to do much for it without xrays. Should I go anyway to make sure it won't get worse while I am pregnant?

Yes definitely go. We do fillings all the time on pregnant women. It's perfectly safe! Obviously I haven't seen the tooth, so it's hard for me to say for sure if it can be filled easily or not - but if they need to take an X-ray, maybe just ask them to put a temporary filling in there until you've had the baby :flower:

I probably won't be on here over the weekend so just wanted to say good luck with the scans on Monday Buffy and spicy!

Thanks. I'm excited and also nervous ant the scan. I had a filling a couple of weeks back and didn't have xrays, but then my dentist doesn't do xrays very often (I think I've only had them once but I've got loads of filings)

I tried lying on my tummy I the bed last night to see if I could feel anything, I could feel some thing but I couldn't decide if it was just my digestion or actually baby, I couldn't stay that way long as it wasn't exactly comfy! I'm hopeful that It means i might feel something very soon...

I lay on my tummy and get giant whoomps in my tummy! I didn't a couple of weeks ago so it will definitely be noticeable soon spicy!

I THINK I felt something today.a very light tapping.but so light I can't be 100%,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->