Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Baby is perfect :) I have a anterior placenta which explains the lack of feeling movement but baby was happily wiggling about with its feet up by it's head trying to suck it's thumb. Massively happy.

Yay! So glad your scans went well, Spicy and Buffy! Its such a relief to see that healthy baby in there!

Yay Spicy!!! I definitely thought you had an anterior placenta. Hopefully you start feeling lots of movement soon though!

Buffy, I really like Ava for a girl. Really pretty:) Also your pic is adorable!! Having a DVD would be nice for sure.

My scan was wonderful! I got a ton of pics :) We're still totally team yellow but I think I may have seen a little something between the legs during the measurements! It's my own fault, the tech asked if I wanted him to turn off the screen but I didn't want to miss and minute of seeing baby move! Babe is very mobile and the measurements were right on for my EDD, so that's great!

Attachments

• B1.jpg
    B1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2
That's funny sweetpea. I could tell our baby was a girl because there was nothing in between the legs. We see too many ultrasound pics on here for us not to know :haha:

So glad everyone has had good scans! My first midwife appointment is in a few hours. Not really sure what I'm expecting. I'm dreading talking about the birth because I honestly just try not to think about it!

Hubby and I are agreeing on either Ava or Sophia at the moment for a name. Although both very popular, we don't know any in real life & we love the names, so it won't matter to us :flower: Freya, Isla & Ella also made the short list but DH likes the other 2 better. There's still time for him to change his mind though.

Buffy-- we didn't talk about the birth at all at my midwife appointment if it makes you feel better.
It went for about 2 hours and she just asked me a loooot of questions- about my medical history, drug and alcohol use, family history (and then all of these questions again about my husband)... And asked about if he was abusive at all... And asked if we were related (hahaa and apparently more people say "yes" than you'd think!)... Asked about what foods and drinks I was having, like how much tea I drink or coke etc... Talked about my weight... Talked about breast feeding and asked about chord blood donation (I can't because I can't donate my normal blood anyway due to being born and living in the uk when I was young)... And encouraged me to book antenatal classes.
I think that was about it. It was a pretty long process. Oh and she tested my urine for proteins.
She asked if I was having midwifery care (well, she kinda presumed I was, I guess it's the norm) and I requested to have shared gp care (so I see my gp regularly and only go to the hospital rarely) mainly because the hospital is 40 minutes away (and I hate hospitals!) and my gp is 5 minutes away and I really like him.
She referred me to get a bunch of tests done because they had lost some of my blood results, and when they came back okay I was granted to have shared gp care which I was really happy about.

Oh cool! Good to know :flower: Although I was within the healthy BMI range to start with, I'm freaking out over talking about my weight now :( Its such a personal thing and I hate it. I feel fat and ugly, and really don't want to talk about it.

Glad everyone's scans went really well! Lovely news!
We had ours today and sonographer seemed really happy with all of the measurements etc. So many pictures of the heart, spine, head, and kidneys! Found out we too are having a little girl! So clear that there was nothing between those legs! She was a bit cheeky and flipped the bird at the sonographer...he thought it was hilarious and played it back in slow motion for us! Thats our daughter! Haha. Also was a real wriggler and kept trying to rotate the wrong way so it took quite a while to get all they needed from the scan. So relieved she is all ok, and so cool to be able to say 'she' now!

Yay pihabella!! So exciting! Another little girl in the group.
Ours was a wriggler as well. It's crazy that they can move that much yet we can't really feel them?!

My midwife appointment went fine. It was about an hour long & I didn't really have to discuss my diet or my weight! Hooray :flower:

Woohoo pihabella! So great that everyone's scans have been good!! So funny that she gave the finger :haha:

Buffy- it's great your midwife appointment went well :)

Sooo is everyone here team pink and team yellow right now? Do we have any little boys?

Congrats philabela.
I wonder what that means for my chances of a girl to... Although I think it's a boy, I'd love a girl. The sonographer said he didn't see anything either way because he didn't go looking and the way baby was lying it wasn't obvious. I'm glad I'm team yellow but there's a little bit of me that can't help but wonder.
Does this feel real to everyone yet? I'm having real trouble relating that picture of a baby to the idea of a real life baby in my house/care/life, it just doesn't feel that real, I thought the scan would name it feel real but it doesn't, I'm not sure it will feel real until s/he is here.

I know what you mean, spicy. Things still don't really feel real yet for me either. It probably won't feel real until the very end. I think maybe once we have the important stuff like nappies around the house it will feel more real... But at the moment it almost feels like we are playing along... Haha.

I love being team yellow too... I think I've got a girl, but would really love a little boy (obviously happy with a girl too lol). Everyone I know in real life has baby boys, so I feel like the odds are due for a girl soon!

That's funny you say that lala, because all of my cousins have been having boys or are due to have boys this year, so I should have known Id probably end up with a girl! I thought knowing the gender would make this more real, but it's still not sinking in properly yet.

There are twin boys in this group im pretty sure :flower:

I was reading over the information I got today at my appointment. I wish I never looked at the birth one. It honestly just freaks me out! I am still trying to decide whether to enrol in the birth & parenting class. It's $140 for the 2 of us for one weekend in July. I'm just not sure though. There's an antenatal physio one over 2 nights for $20 and helps you with pelvic floor exercises, and pain after birth etc. that I'm considering. It's a women only class.

Call me uneducated lol, but I had never heard of the injection you get after birth to help with the bleeding until I went to my appointment today. Is anyone else getting it? I also had to schedule my anti D injections since I'm O negative.

Oh how could I forget about the twin boys!! I think it's because I was convinced they would be girlies lol.

Buffy, if you are super worried, maybe the classes would help you feel more prepared? :) a weekend sounds a bit better than what I have booked... Once a week for 5 weeks from 6.30-9pm! Sounds like it's going to be pretty full on!
I haven't heard about the injection to help stop bleeding! Lol. But to be fair, there's a lot I don't know :haha: I'm RhD- (O-, same as you!) so need my anti d injections too.

To be honest I've not given labour that much thought really, I'm signed up to both nhs and nct antenatal classes to get the info I need because I'm a bit clueless. I'm thinking of a waterbirth with gas and air. I want to find out if delayed cord clamping is the policy at my hospital, I know it is at most nhs hospitals now but I want it. But I'm struggling to really make plans as it feel so far away at the moment.

Oh lala , we have to do it in one weekend rather than the option you are taking because my husband works shift work and would miss some classes if we did it that way. We also live 2 hours away from any family or friends so I wouldn't even have anyone else to take with me on the nights he works.

I'm not worried about labour. I mean, I am, but I know there's only one way that baby can come out, and I believe that no amount of classes or preparation will make it any easier! I've lost count of how many peoples birth plans never happened because of complications, or whatever else. I just think focusing so much on having it a certain way is kind of pointless in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->