Decembers little darlings now in first tri

I think the injection is the one that stimulates the placenta to come out, I don't know how it works with the new policies and delayed cord clamping though (makes mental note to ask midwife). My nct classes are two hours for 5 weeks but the number one reason for me going is to make mummy friends so I wanted that over the weekend I've because I thought I'd get to know people better, although I'll miss the last one as I'm on holiday (32 weeks going on holiday, I must be nuts!) The nhs one is a weekday morning for an hour and a half for 4 weeks! Dh luckily is taking it off work but what a stupid time!

Lala I can't remember if you told me what hospital you're going to? I am going to Mater Mother's.

I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes so on medication for that but it's not helping so far. It sucks :( not enjoying the pregnancy as much now that the entire thing revolves around food. And now I don't just have midwife and OB appointments. I also have Endocrinologist appointments and dietician appointments. It's ridiculous. I had it undiagnosed last pregnancy and it was much better not knowing! Now it's forcing myself to eat food I don't like every 2 to 3 hours and I am still well over my blood sugar limit every single time. I can't even eat a sandwich without it being too high. It's totally shitty and ruining everything.

I'm not worried about labour. I mean, I am, but I know there's only one way that baby can come out, and I believe that no amount of classes or preparation will make it any easier! I've lost count of how many peoples birth plans never happened because of complications, or whatever else. I just think focusing so much on having it a certain way is kind of pointless in the end.

This is exactly how I feel. Sometimes I feel like there is such a thing as knowing too much. She either comes out the old fashioned way or via c-section. And sometimes I think the less I know going into it the better because I'll just freak out worrying about it all.

I'd never heard of that shot either! Is that done everywhere?

I do think my boyfriend and I will take a birthing class though. They are free at the hospital you plan to deliver at and are only 2 classes on a Saturday so not too bad. I think it will be especially good for him since he is really clueless about this birthing stuff.

Glad everyone is having great scans! I don't know when or if I'll have another one! Although I definitely plan on splurging on a 3D/4D once I'm in the 3rd trimester. They have pretty good deals here, less than $100.

And for the girl who asked if it feels real yet? No. Still very surreal that this inside baby will be an outside baby in 4-5 months time.

Is anyone else's hormones raging? I do get annoyed/angry easily, but even worse are the tears! Everything - happy, sad, sweet...makes me cry!

I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes so on medication for that but it's not helping so far. It sucks :( not enjoying the pregnancy as much now that the entire thing revolves around food. And now I don't just have midwife and OB appointments. I also have Endocrinologist appointments and dietician appointments. It's ridiculous. I had it undiagnosed last pregnancy and it was much better not knowing! Now it's forcing myself to eat food I don't like every 2 to 3 hours and I am still well over my blood sugar limit every single time. I can't even eat a sandwich without it being too high. It's totally shitty and ruining everything.

That sounds horrible! I'm so sorry. I'm very nervous that I will have it. I think mainly because of my weight, which they say puts you at an increased risk. Did you have any clue that you might have it before your test? Mine is in 3 weeks and I am praying to the heavens that I pass.

Oh Caribbean I'm really sorry you have to deal with that. What a pain in the butt!! I'm nervous about that test for sure:(

Phillbella, congrats on your healthy baby girl!! so excited for all the team pink in this group!

I think Praying is the only one team blue with her little boys. Now that the opportunity to know has passed, I'm so curious!!! I put the pics on the gender prediction site and 3 guesses so far have all said girl. So exciting either way but it feels like forever until I actually get to meet him/her. Can't wait!

I know what you mean sweet pea, I didn't want to know but now I'm so curious my scan pic gives nothing away though

Lala I can't remember if you told me what hospital you're going to? I am going to Mater Mother's.

I'm at Mater Mothers too :) hospital buddies :haha:
Actually, I'm sitting outside the place right now waiting for my husband to pick me up from my dietician appointment. I had to have one due to being overweight but it went a lot better than expected... Im a bit weary because she wants me to eat a lot more carbs than I do, but breads and potatoes really make me balloon in weight and I don't want to gain at all! I've succeeded in losing a significant amount of weight, I really don't want to gain it back!! I had to have an early GTT test before for GD which was negative, but I have to have another test in a few weeks again to check, and I am nervous. I don't want to have to go through that test again... And really don't want GD. it sucks you are going through that :( :hugs: it sounds so stressful.

Oh no Caribbean. Sorry you're going through that. My test is June 1st.

I have felt the baby kicking like crazy today! It's awesome :flower:

I also just booked in a weekend class for July for parenting/child birth. The only thing now is that my husband got a call for an interview at a fire station back home where we are originally from for a transfer. If he gets it, we might not even be here in July! I wonder what to do if I need to give birth at another hospital?! These are all things I'm going to have to find out I guess.

Yay for kicks.I felt some movement yesterday so I'm hoping that first kick isn't to far away! How far away would you have to move Buffy? And how soon would you go?

2.5 hours away and I really have no idea! Could be anywhere from June onwards. We have to get the transfer, then sell our house. And in order for me to still be eligible for paid maternity leave, I need to work until at least 3 months before the baby is due.

Oh spicy it's great you have felt movement :D kicks will happen in no time! For me, they feel like muscle spasms/twitches :)

The feeling I get is like when you're on a rollercoaster and suddenly drop or go over a hill quickly and you leave your stomach behind...if you know what I mean by that??

Yeh spicy that's kind of how I felt when I was getting flutters a couple of weeks ago- or when baby decides to make a big shift inside me now on occasion lol. The first few kicks I felt, I didn't realise were kicks because I had never read them as being described like twitches or spasms so I thought it wasn't baby... Now I know it's definitely baby :)
You will be getting kicks super soon! :D

I'm now feeling definite kicks from the outside. It's crazy how much it can change in a few days to a week. You'll be feeling definite movement very soon spicy :)

I'm excited now, I was totally bummed to hear I had an anterior placenta but hopefully I'll still feel it all. Every time he does it, I'm like "do it again do it again!"

I have an anterior placenta but am feeling baby a heap this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->