Decembers little darlings now in first tri

He did for the very first time tonight, although it felt really big to me and he said it was very light but still felt it! :flower:

So jelly you're feeling movements from the outside! But my time will come on the next couple of weeks I'm sure :D you're so right about how much changes within a few days or a week.

Totally agree! I started feeling movement at 18 weeks and now at 20 DH can usually feel them from the outside. The ultrasound tech did say we have a very mobile one in there lol! I feel definite kicks a lot but once in a while I also get a weird vibrating feeling like a swarm of bees is in my uterus. So strange! According to another thread, most people are thinking I'm team pink. Apparently my babe has quite soft, round features. I have to say, I agree! Either way, I'm so excited, but now I think I have pink in my head.

I had blue in my head for the first 21 weeks. I'm glad I found out because I was truly convinced!! We only had boy names, and when I bought some gender neutral clothes, I still leaned more towards boy stuff! I have lots of red and mint green. It can obviously be for a girl too, but I still pictured a boy when I bought them.

I keep switching, I say "he" but then I imagine having a daughter, I really have no strong feeling of what I'm having.

Being team yellow is probably the most confusing thing ever lol! I had zero indication before my scan and now I keep going back and forth. Can't believe I have to wait another 20 weeks to meet the babe. Seems forever away!

Bet it will be here in no time sweet pea, after all can you believe we are half way? I think it's gone quite fast

Hi ladies! :hi: Sorry for being so MIA lately, I am frantically trying to finish all my papers and projects before the semester ends next Wednesday. I've had an awfully hard time concentrating and I get really worn out reading and thinking so it just takes longer to get everything done :wacko: so crazy. So glad to hear everyone is doing well and feeling their babies moving! :dance:

Hi praying!! :) good luck getting all of your work done, must be so hectic right now - and you can't even have a glass of wine to relax hehe :haha:

Spicy- yes! They definitely have their moments, usually first thing in the morning, after lunch (if I'm still enough to notice), and late at night. One is head down and kicking in my ribs, the other just made a massive shift in position yesterday-wow! That felt so weird, like someone grabbed my intestine and twisted or something. He was sitting on his brother's face at the last scan, but he may be head down too now as I'm feeling bigger movements on his side a bit higher now. They've only been awake and moving at the same time once and it wasn't for very long. Not sure I could handle that weirdness, but I'm sure it's coming-would be like an octopus I suppose!

Oh Lala! I need a BOTTLE of red wine right now to help my brain just relax and write :wine:

So glad to hear from you praying! Sorry everything is so hectic right now. Will you get some time to relax before the babies come?

AFM Kinda bored over here. I am excited that I'm half way but it still feels so far away before baby comes. It is nice that I'm feeling movement all the time now. Makes me feel more connected:)
I've had terrible back and hip pain lately. I had it from the beginning but it's been getting so bad that even seeing the Chiro isn't helping. Anyone else experience this? I think I'm over doing it by digging in the garden and going for long walks every weekend but I just can't stay put inside when the weather is so gorgeous! Plus my puppy definitely needs the exercise!
I've also been thinking ahead to my year of maternity leave lately. I hate my job so much and I'm thinking this career path might not be the one for me. I'm a baker in my spare time and I was thinking of starting a blog about babies, books, & baking. What do you all think? Is the blog thing a little over done?

The blog, especially baking ones are definitely everywhere, but if it's your passion I don't see why you couldn't start one and see where it leads you? :flower:

I didn't feel baby move much for a couple of days there but yesterday and today she's been kicking like crazy, and my husband felt a definite hard kick last night! So happy about that :)

I am having some back/leg problems. I go on a walk every morning before work, and I was about half way this morning and I started getting this really intense pressure down below. I sat down and it felt a little better, but I was starting to feel nauseous & just wanted to get home. I didn't take my phone so I couldn't call DH to pick me up or anything. (He said I have to take it from now on!) I started walking back and the pain was going down my left leg and it was really sharp and intense. I really struggled home and just felt so sick. Needless to say, when I got home I cried and cried - from relief or pain? I don't know. But I laid down for a while and it's feeling better now. But it was awful and scary at the time. I've got no idea what it was!

My hubby also bought me one of those pregnancy pillows! He was going to give it to me next week on my birthday, but he said I need it now! :flower: We are also going camping this weekend for my birthday. DH organised it and isn't telling me where we are going. He thinks the pillow will come in handy for that trip too.

Oh sweetpea, im a big believer that you need to do what makes you happy. I am very happy that neither my husband or myself are money-driven people, because it has allowed us to do what makes us happy. Dh turned down an offer of a promotion last year which would have DOUBLED his salary (seriously :O) but he knew he would be so unhappy, and money isn't everything. So long as you have enough household income to manage your bills, go for it!! There are a lot of baking and baby blogs, but people love them. I will follow you! lol. And if you want to turn baking into a career, social media has made it so possible now with easy advertisements through twitter and Facebook and Instagram.

Yessss I have been getting bad pelvic girdle pain- the back of my left leg, where my leg meets my bum and also the centre of my left buttock... Hurts so much! I've had to walk pretty slowly at times (and I hate slow walkers lol) because the pain gets intense. Now my lower left back hurts but I think it might be in relation to the pelvic pain, how I'm adjusting my body.
And I've got carpel tunnel in my left hand too. Oh and the leg cramps that Buffy warned us about a few weeks ago too lol.
I did not expect pregnancy pains this early on!! I might be walking like an old cripple by third tri! :haha:

Haha Ive had those cramps for weeks! My poor calves still hurt days later. Hopefully they're not too bad for you :flower:

I hear you ladies! Everyone keeps talking about the second trimester bliss, and I'm sure it's better than third but I am for sure in pain! Buffy I'm sorry you had such an awful walk. It's so smart of you to try to get some exercise in the morning though! Hopefully the awful pain doesn't happen again. Sounds like SPD:(

You ladies are right about the blogging! It may be popular but that's okay, if I love it I should do it anyways:)

Sorry you girls are in pain, my boobs are seriously painful and I'm not sleeping well at all, but over all I think I'm not doing too badly. I have still hardly felt any movement, the odd bit here and there that I can't be wholey sure is even baby, felt nothing yesterday. I've just settled into the thinking that I'm not going to feel much from this baby, which I feel sad about but I guess it is how it is.
I don't blog but I guess it depends if you care how many people read it, if you enjoy it does it matter if no one really reads it anyway?

Okay so I've been craving chocolate mousse for pretty much this whole pregnancy but haven't made it due to the raw eggs.
Well tonight I found a recipe for a super simple choc mousse substitute. I am so friggen excited. I know this is ridiculously sad, but i am so excited to make it tonight and eat it tomorrow hahaha :wohoo:
My husband laughed at me, but I know he will wanna eat it tooooo.
Here's the ridiculously simple recipe if anyone is interested: www.taste.com.au/recipes/5841/chocolate+truffle+dessert?ref=collections,no-bake-desserts

Can you not just buy it in a shop where they will use pasturised egg?

Oh my gosh lala! Yum! Chocolate mousse is my absolute favourite :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->