Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Spicy- I haven't been able to find any :shrug:

Okay. So the recipe is lousy. I just want real, home made chocolate mousseeeeeeee lol imma eat so much when baby arrives.

Oh no :( That's disappointing. There has to be a good mousse recipe somewhere!!

Haha oh well I can live a few more months without it, it's not like I've eaten it in years anyway! I suppose it's one of those "you can't have it so now you want it" kinda things.

Anyone else got any cravings?

I wanted fish and chips SO bad! Other than that, it's only when someone tells me about a food or shows me a food that I want it. But that's also a pre-pregnancy thing for me too :haha:

There's a nigella recipe if your Google egg free chocolate mousse that looks nice, it has marshmallows, butter, chocolate, double cream water and vanilla.it's on nigella.com

Marshmallows!!! Yum! :D
I might have to google that.

Anyone starting to get really tired again? I was super tired during the first trimester. I swear all I did was go to work and then come home to bed. I've been feeling a lot more energised in recent weeks, but this week I am just SO tired again. I'm falling asleep on the couch so early.

Ooh me to, I think it's because of getting up in the night to pee, last night I only got up once and I feel so much less tired today! I thought that level of tiredness was behind us :(

I wanted fish and chips SO bad! Other than that, it's only when someone tells me about a food or shows me a food that I want it. But that's also a pre-pregnancy thing for me too :haha:

Marshmallows!!! Yum! :D
I might have to google that.

Anyone starting to get really tired again? I was super tired during the first trimester. I swear all I did was go to work and then come home to bed. I've been feeling a lot more energised in recent weeks, but this week I am just SO tired again. I'm falling asleep on the couch so early.

I think we are pregnancy twins lol. I'm the same with food. Occasionally something will pop into my head that sounds amazing but usually its because someone mentioned it or I saw a picture of it that I just have to have it!

I've been a little more tired the past week or so. But I also know I am not sleeping as well as I was. Up once or twice for the bathroom, my hand (carpal tunnel) flares up at night and I just can't get comfortable. Thinking its time to invest in a maternity pillow this weekend.

I jerrk waking up lying on my boobs and it agony. No matter how I go to sleep I wake up lastly on my front with sore boobs.
Capel tunnel sounds horrid - will it improve or are you stuck with it until birth!?

Sleeping is so hard lately!! My back/hip issue is always worse at night not to mention I'm trying so hard to sleep on my left side. I swear it wasn't a problem before I was pregnant! I've also been having weird tightening sensations that I don't like at all:( My belly is super hard when that happens. Anyone else feel that? So definitely more tired this week!

I agree with Buffy and Wonders, anytime I see something or someone mentions some kind of food, I suddenly want it! Other than that, I just find myself eating more junk the past little while:( And being super thirsty all the time! I think being thirsty is due to battling a head cold/sinus infection.

Sweetpea - that sounds like it could be Braxton hicks? I haven't had any yet, but I've read that that's what happens!

My husband got me one of those big U shaped maternity pillows. I really like it, but it takes up SO much room. My husband & I aren't small people - he's 6'3 and i'm 5'9 and pregnant, and have our staffy sleeping in with us at the moment because it's cold. And we only have a queen bed. It's just hard to fit everything on the bed! :haha:

You guys are lucky - I wake up about 5 times to pee during the night!!

Glad to know I am not the only one having trouble sleeping! I find I just cannot turn over comfortably- I think my ABs are separating and they are no longer as flexible.
I have been having an achy and tight belly almost every evening. I think its from sitting at my desk all day and then suddenly getting up and about to cook dinner etc. I think its the round ligaments stretching. Annoying though, I can cope with it but wish it would go away for just one evening so I can completely relax.

Have any of you been thinking about your birth plans? I have been leaning towards a water birth if all goes ok. Also been reading about hypnobirthing. A couple of friends recommended it as they were fearing the pain from labour, and said it helped them cope and have relatively easy births. The classes are just so expensive! Its $500 here for two full day sessions. I am not too afraid of labour, nor am I adverse to using gas for pain relief but I would like to avoid an epidural if possible. Hmmm I wonder if books/DVDs would suffice?

I honestly don't think about birth! It will be a regular birth with epidural! That's all I know. Maybe I'll have more of an idea once we go to our classes in July.

I'm waiting till classes to finally decide, all I know is I can't have an epidural as I'm in the mw led unit so I'd have to be transferred to the main hospital and I don't want that if I can help it, I'm thinking about waterbirth it at least using the pool for pain in labour, and gas and air is a given as far as I'm concerned! If I really can't cope then I'll consider pethadine but I want to try without, I'm going to hire a tens to for the early stages.

Sweetpea- definitely sounds like textbook Braxton Hicks! Try drinking cold water and laying down when it happens, apparently that helps? And boooo to the head cold/sinus infection. I usually get really bad sinus infections due to a deviated septum that I was going to get fixed but haven't yet because I'm pregnant lol. Anyway, in some kind of miracle, I haven't gotten sinusitis or anything so far!!! Maybe my baby is my good luck charm ;) lol

Spicy- aww that's horrible about your boob pain, mine aren't anywhere near as bad as they were in first tri, or even when I used to get pms. I've watched a couple of videos on water birth and they look pretty incredible. Is that you in your new pic?? Great bump!!!

Piha- aww round ligament pains suck!! I don't get them often but when they are sore they are really uncomfortable. I have heard good things about hypnobirthing, but holy moly those classes are expensive!!

Buffy- eeeek I try not to think about the birth, it freaks me outtttt lol

I haven't thought much about the birth. I know that I want a vaginal birth if possible, and an epidural. I meet with an anaesthetist in a few weeks and he's going to check out my back to make sure an epidural will be able to go smoothly during the birth.
Maaaan oh man my pelvis hurts so much... Pelvic girdle pain sucks :( I feel like an old lady!!

Thanks lala, I took it yesterday so its 21+4. My boobs were a little sore in first tri but it's way worse in second, I think I'm trying to get used to actually having boobs, I've always had fairly small ones but they have grown loads!
I feel strangly calm about labour, I think it's because I have literally no idea what it will really be like, my closest experience is watching obem!
I had really bad sinus pain and pregnancy rhinitis in first tri but thankfully it seems to have settled down mostly now, although my nose bleeds now because of all the blowing it I've done!

Capel tunnel sounds horrid - will it improve or are you stuck with it until birth!?

It is really annoying and can get quite painful. Honestly, its my biggest complaint right now. Last night my left hand really flared up while I was sleeping (I use a splint in the right hand which helps a bit). It woke me up throbbing. It is supposed to go away after birth, when your extra fluid goes away.

See? second trimester bliss is a lie! Lol we all seem to be in some sort of pain or another. Unfortunately, I think it's just going to get progressively worse until we get these babies out!

It's definitely Braxton hicks that I'm feeling:( I went to the hospital yesterday to make sure I wasn't experiencing preterm labour and they said if you are sick or fighting off an infection, you uterus can get irritated and it'll cause those contractions. Luckily it's not too painful, just uncomfortable and seems better today than yesterday or the day before! The problem for me is that I feel them mostly when I'm relaxing in the evening. Most people say they get them when they are doing something active so they sit and relax. Doesn't work that way for me:(

I'm definitely going to try drinking some more water and see if that helps! Apparently we just can't get enough water during pregnancy.

I've thought a bit about the birth but I haven't written anything down and probably won't. I basically just want to stay at home for as long as possible then head to the hospital and have a natural vaginal birth with as few interventions as possible. That being said, I'm pretty relaxed and open so if something needs to happen for mine and babe's health, I'm totally cool with that.

I think the experience is what you make it. If you're open to options and possibilities, you're less likely to feel traumatized if something dramatic like and emergency caesarian happens. That's my hope anyways!

I've got a question about Braxton Hicks. I'm pretty sure I haven't had any yet, but I'm wondering if having a little extra weight in your middle can make them harder to notice? Since there is some softness there to start with? My belly does feel harder than when I'm not pregnant, but not rock hard obviously. Just curious.

I haven't had any yet! I don't really actually get too much pain - apart from that one walk I went on this week. I'm pretty lucky so far I suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->