Decembers little darlings now in first tri

I'm sorry that's how you feel sweet pea. Apart from the odd niggle I'm feeling pretty good most the time, I think I'm even enjoying being pregnant.
Baby was really quiet yesterday, I'm still not feeling strong movement or anything that I'd say was a kick, just rolling occasionally. So glad it's Friday!

We are off on a camping trip this weekend - today until monday. Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend :flower:

I actually really love being pregnant also! I just didn't expect my hips and body to be sore so early on. And I thought it was funny how we were all talking about our little pains here and there. It's definitely manageable though.

I'm not sure about the Braxton Hicks and how they relate to soft tummies but a girl on another thread said that she was told she has an irritable uterus so maybe that's what causes the feels so early!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I went away to the Hot Springs with some girls for a bachelorette weekend:) Even though I couldn't drink, it was super lovely and relaxing! A little disappointed to come home to an empty house with OH now away until Friday but hopefully it will be a nice quiet week.

Anyone else do anything fun?

We just got back from a weekend away. It was pretty cold & rainy but we made the most of it anyway. We went away for 2 nights camping down the coast. Yesterday we probably walked between 15-20km all together on two different walks. I'm a lot more tired now on those hikes than I used to be! :flower:

Yeah 5 days, usually city breaks involve miles of walking for us so might have to have many gelato stops!

Haha that sounds pretty awesome to me!!

We have a wedding to go to next weekend. I bought a maternity dress online which I'm looking forward to wearing. Not looking forward to everyone around me drinking alcohol though :haha:

Also my husband got a transfer with his job so we can move back home. It's going to be hard when he first starts because I need to stay at my job a little longer in order to be eligible for maternity leave, and he will be working about 2.5 hours away. With his job he works 4 days, then gets 4 days off, and then that cycle continues. So he will be gone 4 days at a time staying with his parents on his days on. It's going to be really hard & I kind of want to cry just thinking about it since I don't have any friends or family over here where we live now. So, our house will probably be on the market in about a week or so, and we are hoping it sells quickly so that we can start looking for one to buy. I really do not want to bring our new baby home to my in laws house. I really want to be able to bring her to our home. But we kind of need one of those first :p

Ooh hot springs sounds lovely! :)

Sooo jealous about you going to Rome, spicy. It's so difficult going to Europe from Aus (expensive super long flights), it's so accessible from the uk! Jelly!!

That's great you get to go back home soon Buffy. Hopefully time will fly by. It's definitely worth staying on for maternity leave though-- the $9500 is much better than the baby bonus of $5000! Hopefully your house sells ASAP and you find one you love back home :)

My weekend was lovely, we went to a near Island and the water was so clear and beautiful, we watched the dolphins and turtles swim all day :) I only get one weekend off work a month, so I always try to make the most of it when it comes around! The weather was perrrrfect too :)

We are lucky to have Europe but then I'm in live with Aus, we nearly emigrated a few years ago but decided to stay near family (well 300 miles away from them but at least your can get in the car and drive!)

Do any of you girlies have Instagram?
I don't use fb or anything but I'm @lara_fwd on insta if you want to follow :)

Oh man Spicy I hope you have an amazing time! Rome is one of my top places to visit. Very expensive from Canada, but maybe one day!

Do you ladies think you'll do much travelling with the kidlets? I know a young couple who back packed around Europe with their son when he was only a few months old! Not sure if I could handle that. DH and I love to travel though.

Lala I have an instagram! It's for my home business so I mostly post pictures of cupcakes and some of my dog and cat lol! It's @stephssweetsvernon :)

We are actually talking about going on a trip with baby before she is 2 (so she can fly free). Currently talking about Europe or US, or even Canada. We have a friend moving to Toronto for a year so we would have a place to stay, but not sure yet. We will also do a lot of camping too. We will get a trailer tent or caravan one day. Backpacking with a child doesn't sound like fun to me though lol.

Lala I followed you on Instagram :flower: But like sweetpea, it's mostly of my animals :haha: I'm casey_downie on there.

We are planning a holiday to the south of France before I go back to work (so when baby is 7-8 months). We love traveling although I don't think we well be able to afford big holidays so wet might have to keep it more low key/France type holidays for a little while. There's so many planes I want to go though I'm hoping this baby is well traveled! I love Asia, me and dh have also done two big holidays to Australia but want to do a third, going to do Florida when the kids are old enough to appreciate it. And this is why I'll be going back to work!!!!

Haha I hear you! With the lifestyle we want, I definitely have to go back to work. Where in Australia have you visited, Spicy?

I've been to Bali & Thailand, but would really like to go to Cambodia & Vietnam too. Maybe not with a little baby though. I really would love to go back to Hawaii. I went with a friend right around the time I met my husband, so he hasn't been. He would just love it!

Ah all this talk of travelling is making me want to fly away!! We haven't been on an overseas holiday since our honeymoon to Fiji in 2011!!! After that we bought our house and yeh... No more overseas holidays.
We used to go to Thailand together about twice a year! And Malaysia, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia... Man, I wanna go back! But we always had very adventurous holidays, it would have to be completely different once we have a baby haha. We used to just book our flights and first night of accommodation, and then go wherever we wanted and find accommodation along the way- we had some amazing times! But not exactly a baby safe holiday :haha:
I was born in England and have a lot of family there, and both me and DH have a sister there too, so we really should go over to Europe before baby turns 2. I have family all over the uk who are lovely and very willing to let us stay :)
I also have a cousin who owns a hostel in Colombia and my twin sister visited there recently, it looked so beautiful! So South America is also on the list. And who doesn't want to do New York for Christmas?? So we gotta check that one off too.

Now... If only there was some way I could get enough money to do all of these things :haha:

That sounds so fun, Lara - but I'm too much of a control freak not to book my accommodation :haha: The closest I've got to a trip like that is New Zealand a few years ago. We hired a camper van & had a rough idea of the places we wanted to see, but didn't book any campsites or anything. A couple of times we had to just park illegally somewhere for the night. And once I went 3 days without a shower or using a proper toilet! Lol How was Fiji? We really want to go there, but people always tell us we will get too bored.

New York is amazing at any time of the year, I'm sure. It was SO hot when I was there!! We hired bikes and rode around in Central Park. My butt got so sweaty :haha:

Haha we did the same thing in NZ too Buffy! Lol such rebels :haha:

Fiji was nice but the reason we chose it was because I really wanted a relaxing holiday for our honeymoon (usually our holidays are pretty full on). So it's a nice place if you want to just chill out at a resort, but not really for anything else. We did make friends with a woman who worked at a bar outside of the resort though, and my husband is a teacher, and so she took us to her child's school one day and we spent the day there- it was really amazing. We met all of the students, teachers and principal and got to see how their school worked. Then we exchanged details and the students in my husband's class all became penpals with the students in Fiji. It was super cute :) then she took us to her village to meet her family, who showed us their village and cooked us a meal which we ate on the floor at the house with her mother and family. It was a really great experience. But it all happened out of sheer luck really.
But I mean... Some of our best holiday moments have happened with last minute decisions after meeting strangers. Like that time, or the time we made friends with a monk in Thailand on a boat that had a hole in it... Haha! He took us to his "village" on this island... it was awesome. We've had all these great experiences, but once we have a child with us, we have to be responsible adults who stop going on weird adventures with strangers hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->