Decembers little darlings now in first tri

That sounds pretty amazing to me! I need to go on a holiday so bad right now :haha:

Is this where I don't mention I travel every 4 to 6 weeks? :haha:

I don't even want to say where I go because then you'll all hate me.

Haha I hear you! With the lifestyle we want, I definitely have to go back to work. Where in Australia have you visited, Spicy?

First time we went to Sydney, Perth, and drove Brisbane to Cairns, Second time we did Alice springs, Uluru, kings canyon, Glen Helen, Darwin, Katherine, Kakadu, and Perth to Albany. It was fantastic, but I still want to do the south coast / great ocean road, Melbourne etc.

I really want to go to Malaysia and I've told dh that for my 40th birthday (I'm not 30 yet so he has loads of time to plan!) I want to go I safari.

And Caribbean, I'm very jealous!

Haha Spicy you've seen more of Australia than I have!

Lala I will upload some pics when I am on my computer. Too hard on my phone.

I'm off again in 3 weeks, was meant to be there now but this gestational diabetes has really messed up everything. Also have been looking to move closer to my daughter's school so I don't have to drive her all the time. It's been pretty crap lately to be honest. Having a shitty day because my friends are being assholes and making me sad.

So I will jump quickly to the Caribbean and then off to NY for a weekend mid June to see my husband's doctor for a check up. We will be back in AU end of June but my grandmother wants us to go to NZ so we might fit that in in September before we head back to the Caribbean in October.

I got stuck in Miami for 24 hours coming home in March but only took a couple of photos of the beach there. We were in Maui last year for a convention so that was nice. St Lucia for my husband's work last year too. Airlie Beach for our wedding last year. I am very lucky I get to travel so much.

I keep telling people we do have a guest room! :winkwink:

I was staying in airlie beach when we got engaged. Dh proposed on Whitehaven beach.

You've also seen more of Australia than me Spicy! I live by the Great Ocean Road now, but we are moving back to the Mornington Peninsula soon. It is also a beautiful place, much like the Great Ocean Road :flower:

Caribbean I'll officially hate you if I have to see your pics haha. I'm sorry your friends aren't being very nice :(

The top end is a fab place, it's like another world same with some of the areas around uluru that people tend to ignore.
Hugs that your friends are not being nice, some people are just so mean. I'm feeling miserable today because my work colleagues are being not very nice at the moment and it's dragging me down.

let's all just run away somewhere sunny until the baby's are born!!

My Baby has also gone really quiet the last few days since he cosied down a bit, stupid AP means I basically feel nothing at the moment :( Thinking of holidays is helping me forget how miserable I feel.

You'll hate me now Buffy.. I'm on the computer and now I can upload my pics :D

I also didn't want to type all of this on my phone..

I have a group of 3 mutual friends. We all met working together 10 years ago and have remained friends. Never had a fight or even really an argument with any of them. Let's call them B, C, and L.
So we have a group chat on FB we all catch up and talk about whatever, organise a dinner every now and then. So anyway I posted in there about making sure all the girls had their up-to-date whooping cough vax. This was just after that little baby Riley died over in WA due to a non vaxxed guest transferring it to him. So I was like "I hope all you girls have your vaxxes!" B wrote back just asking why, which I thought was a weird question. Kinda straight forward, but okay... bring up the fatality risk of newborns etc.. she said she isn't vaxxed and neither are her 3 children. So I was like eek! It's really making the rounds at the moment. She went off her NUT at me, telling me not to spout out facts to her, she hasn't vaxxed and I should respect her beliefs, to each their own etc... so I was like wow.. okay that was slightly aggressive and harsh. The other two girls didn't utter a noise during this. So she apologised for being so harsh and was really nice after that. Fast forward 2 weeks and I posted the 'no vax, no visit' pic on my FB. B commented "Duly noted!!!" and then promptly unfriended me. She also runs a fabric store online and removed me from that group too. I was like... Uh. okay.

So C is pregnant as well, just 3 weeks behind me. I asked what she thought and she thinks B overreacted and has the same strong pro vax feelings that I do. Her husband and her already knew she was an anti vaxxer (I had no clue!) so he had already told C that B will not be visiting their newborn bub. I also talked to L, who has a 5 yr old boy going through chemo treatment for leukemia at the moment.. so he of course isn't vaxxed.. but she sees B and B's kids all the time as they attend the same school. But L isn't the sharpest tool in the shed (lovely girl though) so she doesn't really know much about vax etc.. she just gets them because she is told to. I didn't want to say too much to her because I didn't want it to look like I was trying to get our mutual friends on my side. So I left it.

Okay.. sorry for the big background :p So today, C (pregnant friend) posted in the FB chat group (that has not been used since B unfriended me weeks ago) to say she's also having a girl. B wrote back saying she wants to give her a bunch of baby stuff. So I texted C saying don't get too excited - she doesn't know yet that you're about to drop the 'no vax no visit' rule too! So C said "I can't really enforce that, my mum can't get vaxxed due to a lung illness..." so I was like... Okay... so.... you're okay with B visiting with her 3 unvaxxed kids? I mean, that's a LOT riskier than her mum not being vaxxed. So C said she doesn't know what she will do. I said it would suck because If C lets B visit, then I can't let C visit me with her baby, because if B passes anything onto C's baby, then my baby will get it too!

So C basically said oh, okay well I guess I will see you 6 weeks after her birth then. What?? B can't be bothered vaxxing her kids, so therefore I miss out on seeing my friend's baby? WTF? How is that even fair?? And now I feel like I am in the wrong, just because I wanted to protect my baby. B has already lost a baby (stillborn at 39 weeks) so for her to be pissed at me for wanting to protect my baby, is just a slap in the face really.. but for C to choose her over me?? I mean.... :sad1: that's just shitty. C and I are so similar and so close, we think we may even have the same name for our girls, and we don't even mind! We have both shared concerns over B's parenting technique (screaming at kids, calling her 9 yr old a f**king b*tch, that sort of thing. Her children are ALWAYS sick, I mean every 2 weeks they've caught something else) I can't have that around my newborn. But now I miss out on C's newborn because she'd rather hurt my feelings than B's??

:sad1:

I am so sorry for the giant post. But I need to talk to someone! I can't mention it to my other friends because they're quite biased. My best friend hates B a lot :p

My day hasn't been so bad. It's my birthday, and I did have to go to work. But a girl at work bought me some beautiful tulips, and the girls pitched in and bought a bunch of different slices of cake from a nice little bakery. Then when I got home, my hubby had cooked me some fancy, delicious nachos and now I get a massage from him! It's been pretty good.

I'm getting really over work though, especially knowing that I will be leaving soon (but nobody there knows.) It's just hard to find the motivation to keep going!

Happy birthday Buffy!!!! :)

Oh man Caribbean that reaaaally, really sucks. At least you can always vent to us!! I honestly get so frustrated about anti-vaxxers, I just wish they would read non-biased information and listen to experts (and not uneducated celebrities or discredited kooks who are no longer allowed to practice medicine!!!). I know that it's a very controversial subject, but I truly believe in vaccinating our children (and community).
It sucks that C is picking hurting you over hurting B, and it's probably because she feels more comfortable and closer to you. I know that doesn't make sense but it's obviously what's happening. It really sucks :( especially that all of this drama has occurred over something as simple as trying to keep children healthy.
You would think that L would be more vocally supportive of you, due to the fact that her child is going through chemo-- the flu could kill him, let alone the measles/whooping cough etc. sigh. I just don't understand some people. :hugs:

Happy birthday Buffy!!!!

Sorry your friends are so unreal Caribbean, I work in vaccination and I think it's so selfish to people who can't be vaxed to choose not to! Argh, the risk from seeing C after she has seen B is no riskier than meeting people in public with unknown status, and I guess you probably went keep baby in the house until it's been vaxed, I agree that there is risk from seeing C yourself but I guess its highly unlikely that B would be a risk to, but I get that that isn't the point!

Okay here we go.

My parents in law own an apartment in Manhattan.. so this is the view from there:

https://oi57.tinypic.com/52aydw.jpg

This is probably my most favourite photo.. St Lucia! My husband had work there so I tagged along with him to hang out on the beach and sip pina coladas. This is from the resort beach:

https://oi60.tinypic.com/10e0kyh.jpg

This is on the way home to St Thomas, a view from the plane of St Maarten. We did land there - that's the famous airport where the planes go crazily low over the beach. I took a video of us landing so that was cool :)

https://oi60.tinypic.com/2ajq0s1.jpg

This is Trunk Bay in St John, one of the US Virgin Islands. My pregnancy announcement with the thongs on the beach was taken at this beach :) I think Trunk Bay is usually on the list of the top 10 beaches in the world:

https://oi58.tinypic.com/25qvsqu.jpg

This is... er... another beach in St John. I can't remember what it's called! This is when we were looking for a good quiet beach to do the pregnancy announcement pic:

https://oi60.tinypic.com/or07qd.jpg

This is Coki beach, on St Thomas. My daughter was with me, we went snorkelling and it was a beautiful day :)

https://oi61.tinypic.com/21c7zuu.jpg

This is Magen's Bay in St Thomas. I took a panoramic shot because there was a beautiful rainbow to the right, but you can barely see it in the pic. It was much more visible in person! This is also the beach out of the last movie in Twilight: Breaking Dawn, where they go for their honeymoon.

https://oi62.tinypic.com/qq68zq.jpg

Hawaii! This is in Maui, taken from the beach in front of the resort we stayed at for the convention. We could see whales swimming up the coast from our bedroom window :D

https://oi60.tinypic.com/142x7qu.jpg

This is Miami.. when I got stuck for 24 hours. I wouldn't have minded so much but I was 18 weeks pregnant, just wanted to go home, and I didn't even get my bags back for the night! But I rented a car and drove to the beach to get some pics:
https://oi58.tinypic.com/ms1tmq.jpg

Okay I am done. Please don't hate me. WE HAVE A GUEST ROOM!! :blush:

Thanks girls :flower:

Geez, Caribbean, that sounds rough. I'm totally with you all. I can't stand anti-vax people. They frustrate & anger me :( Sorry you're having to deal with that.

Happy birthday Buffy!!!!

Sorry your friends are so unreal Caribbean, I work in vaccination and I think it's so selfish to people who can't be vaxed to choose not to! Argh, the risk from seeing C after she has seen B is no riskier than meeting people in public with unknown status, and I guess you probably went keep baby in the house until it's been vaxed, I agree that there is risk from seeing C yourself but I guess its highly unlikely that B would be a risk to, but I get that that isn't the point!

I guess my biggest gripe is.. my friend treated me badly, and my other friends are like :shrug: I was hoping B would see the error of her ways when C also told her 'No Vax No Visit' but now.. she just gets whatever she wants, and I am the one missing out now. I didn't do anything wrong!

I didn't want to push L into choosing sides. She sees B nearly every day.. and I didn't want B to think I was whispering in L's ear about how evil she was. I wanted L and C to make up their own minds about their choices, but L and I didn't even know B's kids were unvaxxed! I don't think it's had any impact on L at all.. she posted she went to B's house on the weekend to play on a jumping castle so I guess that's okay for her boy to play with them even though he's not protected and is at a very high risk of getting sick. It really pisses me off that C is not standing up to B. C is VERY strongly opinionated and isn't usually shy about saying what she wants. She thinks B is being an idiot.. but when it comes down to it.. it's basically 'Either B misses out, or you miss out, so therefore you miss out.' and I think that's really shitty. B should miss out! She's the one who chose not to protect her kids! :madgrowl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->