Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Yep I hate you to ;)
No I totally get it, they are being so selfish and why should you be the one to suffer!

My day hasn't been so bad. It's my birthday, and I did have to go to work. But a girl at work bought me some beautiful tulips, and the girls pitched in and bought a bunch of different slices of cake from a nice little bakery. Then when I got home, my hubby had cooked me some fancy, delicious nachos and now I get a massage from him! It's been pretty good.

I'm getting really over work though, especially knowing that I will be leaving soon (but nobody there knows.) It's just hard to find the motivation to keep going!

Happy Birthday!

I'm very over work as well although I will be coming back. But I work in a school and its close to the end of the year so that's pretty typical anyway...even more so knowing I won't be back working til November!

I also didn't want to type all of this on my phone..

I am so sorry for the giant post. But I need to talk to someone! I can't mention it to my other friends because they're quite biased. My best friend hates B a lot :p

That sounds like a horrible situation! I definitely don't want a debate over vaccines but I feel very strongly about having my own child vaccinated and you'd think your friends would understand your point of view. I seriously do not understand parents that do not vaccinate their children, and I don't mean to be disrespectful. I just feel like I haven't heard a good enough reason (i.e. an illness, like cancer, yes, I get it). I hope your friends come around and things work out!

AFM, had a rough few days. My mom's dog has cancer. We just found out yesterday. I love this dog so much and I hate seeing my mom so upset about it. Then, my carpal tunnel has been really annoying. I haven't felt my left fingertips in days. And I'm swelling like a hippo. I even weighed myself this morning and I'm up almost 10lbs in a month. I know for a fact that at least half of that is fluid because my clothes are still fitting all the same! I don't know what to do about it. I am using compression socks when I can, elevating when I can, and trying to get in tons more water but I'm seriously dreading my dr visit next week! My boyfriend's dad called him yesterday after not talking to him since January (he is not supportive of us - still isn't) and that upset him so then I have to deal with his upset mood too. Then our school cancelled a field trip for us today due to some possibly bad weather later today. So trivial, but I just feel like nothing is going right. My boyfriend and I are going away, just overnight, this weekend and I'm really hoping it is fun!

Urgh roll on the weekend for everyone! Poor you wonders :( poor dog especially. What your planning for the weekend?

I confronted someone at work about all the comments about my clothes, she said it's because I look so nice and am "blossoming" so nicely. I guess people are just trying to be nice, It just doesn't feel that way very often!!

Urgh roll on the weekend for everyone! Poor you wonders :( poor dog especially. What your planning for the weekend?

I confronted someone at work about all the comments about my clothes, she said it's because I look so nice and am "blossoming" so nicely. I guess people are just trying to be nice, It just doesn't feel that way very often!!

No kidding! And its only Tuesday!

We live in Palm Beach (about an hour or so north of Miami). We are going overnight to a small beach town, Jupiter. Its so close but so much more relaxed and right on the ocean. Our plans for the moment are visiting a Sea Turtle sanctuary that I've been really wanting to see and maybe a minor league baseball game for now. He doesn't love the pool or the beach, ironically lol, but its nice just to get away for a bit.

That sounds fab. I'm off on Friday breakfast I'll be in time woop, so at least tonight will be half way though my week

Happy Birthday Buffy! Glad to hear you had a great day:)

Caribbean, your pictures are ridiculous! I'm super jealous of all the amazing places you get to visit.
However I'm not jealous of the way your friends have been treating you:( I'm glad you have the balls to stand up for yourself, nothing is more important than doing everything you think is necessary to keep your kids happy and healthy.

I'm lucky in that all of my nieces and nephews are vaccinated but my SILs best friend is not planning on vaccinating her young daughter at all. SIL has been talking about running an daycare and this little girl being included. It's totally fine with me but I told her we wouldn't be able to send our little one to her if unvaccinated kids will be there. I'm the same as you Caribbean, I don't want to be harsh, I just want to protect my baby and future little ones!

I really hope your friends come around and see your point of view. I'm okay with people not vaccinating but they (and their kids) are the ones who should have to pay for it. You shouldn't miss out because someone else is making a dangerous decision.

I am very much pro-vaccination and see your point of view Caribbean, but as Spicy said she will get exposed out and about in the world too, so you won't be able to completely protect her until she is 6 weeks. Maybe ask your doctor/midwife about the risk and decide if you really want to keep these people away from her. If you want to let C see your baby, won't she be covered under the pregnancy vaccine booster too? Her baby is behind yours, so there will only be a few weeks overlap where the children cannot meet if C exposes her baby to B and kids in that first 2 weeks. After that, your baby will be vaccinated. I plan on taking the whooping cough vaccine in 3rd tri, and all of my immediate family will be getting the booster too.

I think it's more the principle of the whole situation. B just does not give a shit that she's allowing her unvaxxed kids to snot all over newborn babies under a month old. Her children are *ALWAYS* sick.. I mean literally.. every couple of weeks she would post on FB (and on her fabric store) 'Sorry I didn't get X done because little BobbyJoe was home with the sniffles/sore throat/leprosy. She almost always cancels catch ups because she's not feeling well/one of the kids is sick.

I just think it should be my decision who is around my bub - I will be having c section so I won't be doing much of anything in those first few weeks bub is here anyway.. I plan on people coming to me, not me going to anyone and also not planning on any outside trips to the mall or grocery store (that's what hubby and also grocery home delivery is for!) so I do actually plan to keep her protected from the outside world for the first few weeks. We also have home midwives come and do the check ups on babies. There have been too many whooping cough outbreaks near where I live.. my state even ran out of the vaccine because people all rushed to get their boosters, so it's not an unlikely risk currently.

I think the thing that really gets me, is that I am talking about MY decision for the health and safety of MY baby. I don't agree with a bunch of stuff she does with her kids, yet I am still her friend, because it is not my place to judge her (I do, just not to her face) yet I say hey I want to protect my baby and she had a big tantrum! But for C to be such a pro vaxxer, it really shocks me she would take such a risk. It's not just one person. Having 4 unvaxxed and constantly germy people around is just asking for trouble.. to pick that over me.. that's a huge kick in the guts :(

I really hope C comes around. I really hope her husband stays adamant that B will NOT visit their baby. I just find it really shitty that I am the loser in this situation when I did absolutely nothing wrong :( It's really depressed me because it's tainted my friendship with C, her even contemplating it.

Oh, I forgot to add, my Auntie (who is an RN) wrote me an email regarding immunisations:

So glad to see (FB) you feel so strongly about immunisations. Immunising is my job and has been for the last 16 years.

I'm not sure what the immunisation program for pregnant ladies is in Queensland, so I have sent you our WA information.

Also a baby does not have very good protection until she has had the 3 whooping cough vaccines at 2, 4 and 6 months. Best antibodies are about 2 weeks after the 3 dose. You may want to consider this in regard to unimmunised folks.

So the '6 weeks' was just when they can get their first shot. They still aren't protected. The pregnancy shot gives them very minimal cover, not enough to protect them if someone visits who has a virus. That's why they recommend you get the shot in the 3rd trimester and also anyone who visits.

Oh Caribbean I hope you're feeling okay regarding your friends :(

How is everyone doing?

I had a gp appointment today (i have shared gp care between my gp and OB). I've lost another kilo :wohoo: and I got a flu shot. Did all the usual things, measured fundal height and used to the doppler etc.
he took my blood pressure and it was high, but he took it right after my flu shot so I think I was just anxious (hate needles lol). He took it again 5 minutes later and it was normal again, but he wants me to get it checked again on Monday just in case.
Got my referral for my 2nd glucose test too. Boo! Haha yuck.

He said he wants to see me every 2 weeks from now on. I'm so happy I've got shared care, I can't imagine having to go all the way to my hospital every 2 weeks. Plus, I really like my gp compared to my OB, I'm so much happier seeing my gp frequently.

I have the day off tomorrow- it's rainy and cold here today. I hope the weather stays this way for tomorrow, I feel like sleeping in and snuggling up in a blanky on the couch watching movies and listening to the rain :)

Have fun Spicy!!!

Lala, glad your blood pressure was normal the second time! Hopefully it stays that way. Is there anything that women can do to keep their blood pressure low or it is specifically weight/genetic related?

Caribbean, that's really awful about your friend C. I hope she comes around too. Even if I wasn't pro-vax, DH would never let me bring my baby around kids that aren't vaccinated. Why take the chance right? I read an article about and anti-vaxxer who turned pro-vax after all seven of her kids got Whooping Cough. I can't remember what part of the world it was in but can you imagine how scary and horrible that would be?!

I hope you have other friends around to support you and visit you after your babe is born!

AFM- I've been feeling kind of crappy lately. Just stomach acting up and lots of these Braxton Hicks. Right now I have a dull pain right in the middle of my belly. Not sure why, it's just there. I also had a terrible sleep and was up constantly throughout the night. I always find it harder to get back to sleep when DH isn't home. Only one more night alone and then he's home for the weekend!!

Hope everyone else is doing well:)

I hope you have a great time in Rome, Spicy! :flower:

I have the busiest weekend coming up. Tomorrow morning we are leaving super early to go and visit my parents in the morning because they didn't get to see me for my birthday. They live 2 hours away. Then off to visit my cousins new baby boy. They named him Ryan Thomas :) After that we have a wedding to go to. The next morning I'm catching up with my friends because they wanted to celebrate my birthday. We are going out for breakfast. Then we have a bbq to go to for lunch, and then to my in laws for dinner. This is all 2 hours away. Then we drive all the way home! I've just been informed that a girl I worked with today has gastro, so I am praying that I don't get it! I am too busy for gastro lol. I'm exhausted just thinking about my weekend!

Caribbean, I really hope your friend comes around. I had whooping cough about 4 years ago. It was so awful. I honestly just coughed & coughed for months to the point where I was dry reaching and struggling to breathe. I was 23. Imagine that on a poor baby :(

I had whooping cough last year, it went round it office, my colleague even ended up with a pulmonary hernia from coughing, it was so awful. I can't imagine why anyone would it their child at risk of that!
At the airport. Have a nice weekend all.

Have fun spicy!!!

Holy moly your weekend sounds super busy Buffy. I hope you have fun though! I'm working all weekend... Boo!

Hey! I just realized, I'm almost 23 weeks and I know some of you ladies are ahead of me. Anyone reached V-Day yet?? Lala it looks like you have. So exciting! I know it doesn't actually mean much but it's a little bit of a relief to get there. I'm looking forward to it:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->