Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Hi everyone, hope you all had a lovely weekend.I had a really nice time in Rome, clearly I'm into "obviously pregnant" as I got a seat on every metro when away. Got a really sore throat today and I'm not glad to be back at work!

Spicy, glad you had a good time! Being pregnant has it advantages:) Have you been feeling the baby move more latey?

I totally agree about craving stuff and not knowing what it is. I get these intense cravings and don't know what to do so I just drink water lol. It seems to help! Aslo DH hid my bag of candy on me the other night and I cried. LOL! I'm such a freak.
Now he's gone for a few nights and I'm a little bummed. Will be nice to get some baking done though!

Yeah a bit sweetpea, I feel something most days but it's not loads and dh still hasn't got anywhere near feeling it.
I think I'm coming down with something, I feel really rough today

Glad you had such a great time in Rome. I was at a wedding on Saturday night and I went up to get myself a water from the bar. The bar tender said to me "are you sure I can't get you a glass of champagne or anything?" And I was like "no, I can't" and she said "I know! I was only joking. How far along are you?" Ugh!! Could have killed her. Lol. So I guess I look "pregnant" too.

My baby shower is this weekend. I am so glad we are doing it early because our house goes on the market tomorrow!

Also, it's v day for me. Hooray :flower:

Aw spicy it's great you had a nice time in Rome, and yay for being obviously pregnant! It's awesome you are feeling baby more now, my husband hasn't felt bub yet either. He's always either at work or sleeping when baby is kicking up high, or if DH is home, baby stops kicking as soon as DH touches my tummy! It's annoying lol but baby will be here soon enough I guess.

Oh I hope you have a fun shower Buffy. Exciting that your house goes on the market! Hope it sells ASAP :)
In terms of tummy troubles, if I take my prenatal at night, then the next day I get loose stools. If I don't take it, then the next day I am constipated. I lose either way!!

Oh and happy v day Buffy :hugs:

Yay for v day Buffy, also agree with the constipation.urgh!!
What are your plans for your shower? Are you organising it yourself or is someone else

Happy V Day Buffy!! Hope you have an awesome time at the shower:)
Spicy sorry about the constipation:( I definitely am on the other end of things which I think is weird. I feel like I've been constantly fighting off a stomach bug since the beginning. And what's the #1 piece of advice we all hear that's supposed to magically cure everything (if you can manage not to drown yourself)? Drink more water!

Honestly I feel like I have to pee every 5 minutes but I'm still so thirsty and I still have tummy troubles:( Oh well I'm off to fill up my water bottle again. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Haha I drink SO much water, sweet pea! It's crazy. I take Metamucil every day and my pre natal in the morning. I also eat a lot of fruit. I think it's just going to be one of those pregnancy things that I have!!

My shower is an afternoon tea type thing. It starts at 1pm. My sister is hosting it, but we have shared payment, because I think it's unfair for her to pay for the whole thing. I have quite a number of friends bringing a plate of food each, and I've provided some chips, and baked some cupcakes and cookies too. It's pink, white and gold themed decorations. I'm just having some friends and family around at my house. We have t-shirt decorating, and just 2 games. I'm not sure if I'm excited about it or not yet. I get nervous having these type of things in case people are bored, or there isn't enough food etc.

That sounds really nice. The idea of a shower terrified me because the only ones I've been to just were all birth horror stories and gross games but that sounds like a really nice time with friends.

Hope you have a great time at your shower, Buffy! It sounds like it'll be great!

Thanks girls. I've had such a great weekend celebrating with friends and family. I got SO spoilt at the baby shower, and am so lucky and grateful. Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

So happy you had a nice shower Buffy :)

Happy v day spicy!!! :D

My DH felt baby kick for the first time tonight!!! So excited! I felt that baby was awake so I told DH to put his hand on my stomach, and then like 10 seconds later baby kicked so hard, right where his hand was! We even saw it move haha. It was amazing- I'm like 99% positive that baby knew that we wanted to feel a kick hehe :haha:

My DH felt baby kick for the first time tonight!!! So excited! I felt that baby was awake so I told DH to put his hand on my stomach, and then like 10 seconds later baby kicked so hard, right where his hand was! We even saw it move haha. It was amazing- I'm like 99% positive that baby knew that we wanted to feel a kick hehe :haha:

That's awesome, I'm still waiting for something strong enough for Dh to feel, but this little one seems to be starting to get stronger so hopefully soon. I still wish I felt movement more often, I get two or maybe three episodes a day and that's my lot, stupid AP.
We are going to visit a nursery on Tuesday, which seems madness because it's over a year away before lo well go there but we need to get a place sorted. Are you girls going back to work? How long you taking off? I'm taking 10 months off then going back 3 days a week when baby will go to nursery.

I am taking 6 months off, and then going back to work for Thursday nights and Saturdays (and every other Sunday). DH will look after baby during those times.

I'm not sure what we will do when I'm back at uni next year. I will study online but I have prac -next year there will be 3 weeks of it each semester, and the next year will be 5 weeks each semester. I really don't want to have to use child care because even though I'm studying education, I'm majoring in early childhood so I've had to do previous pracs at the child are centres around us, from babies through to kindy... And I hated both of the places I went to! The babies did not get enough attention and I actually cried every day after coming home because I felt so bad! I might have to ask our mothers and my sister if they will help while I have to do prac... But it's a pretty big ask! I would even offer to pay them the same amount that the centres charge ($80 a day) just to make sure that I knew that baby was being looked after with all the love and attention it needs... Oh my goodness I sound like a crazy lady, but if you had been there with me you would understand! Babies crying until they were sick, being ignored constantly, getting told off all the time... No singing, no playing, no cuddles. Gah so sad!!

Urgh that sounds awful. I don't have any family near by so I don't have much choice other than nursery, I really believe that a good nursery is beneficial to a child's development so I'm keen for them to mix with other kids and spend time away from me but I'm hoping a look round will indicate if the kids there are happy. The reviews from inspections are very good.

Happy v day spicy! :flower:

Now that we are moving, I've honestly got no idea how long I'm having off work. It depends on how much money we can make from selling our house, how much our new mortgage will be, and all that stuff. But I'll be going back. We will be living close by family, so we will have lots of help, thankfully.

Yeh spicy I totally understand, and studying early childhood education has shown me how important it is, but unfortunately the 2 centres near me do not provide a rich learning environment, socially or otherwise, and the kids were all (obviously) dirty and miserable! So it looks like I am going to have to find a few playgroups (luckily there are heaps around here). I hope your walk around shows that your place is awesome :)

Gah I can't imagine how stressful the unknowing is Buffy! Hopefully everything happens quickly and smoothly :)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE :flower:

Happy Mother's Day! My husband is so cute. He got me a card and some chocolates. Totally unexpected from him!

I got sooo many gifts at the baby shower. And it sucks, because I'm not even putting them away anywhere because we don't know when we are moving!!

Oh, also, forgot to comment before - how exciting that your husband can feel baby move now, lala! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->