Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Lol @ douche bag.
I originally told work I'll finish 2 weeks before my due date, but I changed it to 4. But if we sell our house it might be sooner as we will hopefully get a 30 day settlement. My work has no idea we are even selling, and they are fully expecting me to return to work after a few months of maternity leave.

Yeh I'm thinking 4 weeks sounds good... But then I think, maybe I could work like 1-2 shifts a week until I'm a bit closer to being due? I don't know.

Aw yeh Buffy you're in a bit of a hard spot right now with selling your house and work... But I mean, at least once you have sold it and moved, you won't really have to worry about it anymore. And it's so normal for people to not return to work once going on maternity leave anyway. Don't beat yourself up too much about it x

I told him I was coming back when we had our "meeting" about my being pregnant. He was saying to me how much he thinks I will struggle with no family support where we live now etc etc ..so it's him who actually put in to my mind that we should move. So it's really his fault anyway!

1-2 shifts sounds good. If I find I start to struggle in the next few weeks, I'll be getting a doctors certificate hopefully so I can go down to 3 days a week or something. And if we move before I thought we would, I've signed up for a dental temping agency, so I can hopefully pick up a shift or two a week or something until I'm ready to go on leave.

I'm working till 38 weeks although I'm really wishing I'd said 37 now, I don't want to long before because I want to maximise time off after and I do an office job so the actual work isn't a problem but it's going to be hard going working when I'm huge.

I'm already starting to struggle with my back now. It doesn't help that I'm hunched over patients mouths all day. Eventually I'm going to have to ask to work on the front desk instead of in the surgery. It's killing me!

Just saw this online... So happy none of our scans showed up like this one :haha:

Oh god I can't stop laughing. I think this officially makes me a horrible person.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 10
Sweetpea- CONGRATS!! So happy you had the perfect day you wanted!

Lala- OMGGGGG!!!! So scary! I sometimes imagine that's how Baby A looks as he's attacking my ribs with fists and feet and bringing me to tears! Lol, I joked to DH (since we still have not agreed on names...) that we should name that one Lucifer :haha: (I think that makes me a horrible mother!) We actually haven't seen A's face since their 17 week scan because Baby B is always in the way. I wonder... :winkwink:

So glad some of you are so close to being done with work! How wonderful to relax and prepare for baby's arrival! Spicy- I'm with you. Since I won't be at the law school this Fall, I decided to work ahead a bit this summer and cram two classes in. We have our exams the last week in July. I will be 35 weeks, probably measuring well over 50 at that point, and within the average range for twins to arrive. I just keep praying the stress of exams doesn't cause me to go into labor right then and there. Now I'm wishing I would have just taken the summer off :wacko:

We start our birthing classes tonight! I am really excited. Hopefully it will help get my mind off stressing about Baby B and my three hour GTT on Friday.

Thanks for all the congrats ladies! It was a great day
Lala that is terrifying and hilarious! So glad most of my pics are normal. I do feel like the frontal skull pics look very alien-like though.
Praying I hope you have so much fun at your class! I’m sure it will help you de-stress a little
I think I will be 37+5 on my last day of work. I definitely wish I could leave a little earlier but I want to maximize my time off! I have an office job too so it’s easy enough to sit at a desk all day. Would just rather be home organizing and sleeping the heat away!

Omg is that actually real!???? I hatred the face/skull pic of the scan but he didn't print it.
I'm off on a camping trip tomorrow night, I'm quite nervous, I've not been camping in 10yrs, I'm exhausted but dh isn't going easy on me,I think Ill have to carry half the stuff and do my "fair share" of work, I don't think he realises how hard this is on me.

Wow, praying please don't over do it!! You are braver than I was, I am so happy I deferred my studies, I couldn't handle the stress! Haha I laughed about baby lucifer :haha: exciting about your classes. We had our first class a couple of weeks ago which is different to the others, it was run by a physiotherapist and was all about how your body changes during pregnancy and things you can do to help ease the pain. It was pretty good. Our normal classes start in a few weeks, and will be run by a midwife. Hopefully they are helpful :)

Sweet pea how much time off will you get with baby? :)

Spicy- look after yourself! Make sure he knows how physically difficult it is being pregnant. I love camping and dh and I do it quite a lot, but I would not want to do it right now... It's hard enough getting comfortable in my bed, let alone on a blowup mattress on the floor. Also, the sheer number of times I wake up to pee in the middle of the night is enough to put me off the idea lol.

I've been camping twice this pregnancy. There was no hard work to be done though? What kind of stuff will he expect you to do?!

I was actually pretty comfortable as we have a pretty good mattress for camping. And I'll be honest lala - I could not be arsed walking to the bathroom most of the time so I would just pee in a bush near the tent :haha:

Carry all the stuff from the car park to the camp site and set up the tent mostly.I was exhausted yesterday just carrying everything downstairs so he could pack the car, I've taken a bucket for middle of the night loo trips as there will be way too many people and no bushes! We are camping for a festival so it will be pretty full on I guess. Really hoping we enjoy it and it doesn't rain!

Ohh a festival is a bit different. Good luck!

I had some idiot patient come in to my work today and when he found out I was pregnant he started asking me how much exercise I've been doing, and saying how being tired is in my head and it's not normal to be tired when you're pregnant, and that I must be lacking some vitamins and minerals. I was so annoyed with him. I don't even know him! And he's never been pregnant. I'm tired. I'm not making it up!!

My work has no dentists on tomorrow, but my boss still wants me to come in for 7 hours and clean. He's left me a long list. Honestly, I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I'm not a cleaner. I'm a dental assistant. I'm annoyed, but I need the money.

Wow Buffy, everything in your last post made me feel angry for you. Ugggggh.

What a load of rubbish, of course being pregnant makes you tired your growing a person! It's hard work! That's like saying having flu doesn't make you tired, breast because your can't see what it's doing doesn't mean your body isn't working really hard!! I'm tired to, and annoyed that a stranger would say that I usually get "it's nothing compared to having a baby" to which I always want to say "yes but then I won't have to come to work and humour people like you"

I'm feeling a bit stressed any portaloos and mud, it's a family friendly festival so it should be ok but I've not camped in 10 years, I don't really like camping. Not to mention the 500 mile drive over the next two days to get there

Lala- I will try not to! I am going to start next week and see how it goes. I can drop the classes at any point in the summer session if it's too much. Unfortunately, I will need these classes for the internship I want next summer (which is the job I ultimately want). Also, with DH's work, we will likely be moving again in 2ish years, so I'm trying to finish everything on time so I can sit for the bar in my state and not have to worry about transferring to another school or taking the bar somewhere else. It's a crunch as it is, but I feel like I can't get too far behind. This all seemed so doable with one baby... :haha: God had a better plan I suppose!

Buffy- I was happy to read that individual was getting a root canal :haha: What a jerk! I can't imagine what he would say about me sleeping 12-14 hours (or more) a day...

Spicy- Have fun at the festival! I hope your DH helps you out, I know I couldn't carry much more than a sleeping bag right now without stopping for a rest every few minutes :nope: I hope it is a comfortable, enjoyable experience for you!! And the drive! That's what always gets me comfort-wise--make sure to stop every 2 hours to stretch and move around a bit! That does make for a frustratingly long trip though.

The class last night was great! The RN that was teaching was very reassuring about everything and has twin boys of her own. I think it's going to be great for pain management techniques and getting familiar and comfortable with the whole l&d process. :thumbup:

Praying, so glad you had a good experience at your class! There was one lady in mine who was due a little bit before me and I thought *wow she's quite a bit bigger than me!* turns out she's having twins also. She doesn't know the gender, can you imagine?! I'm totally happy not knowing with one but with two, I feel like I'd need to be pretty organized to handle it lol.

Lala, I get 52 weeks off work with at 55% of my income. Because I'm hating my job and don't plan on going back, I'm considering starting a little daycare in my house and continuing on with my baking. Hopefully that will be enough income to keep us afloat!

Buffy, grrrr that man is ridiculous! Clearly he has no idea what he's talking about:( Sorry that you have to spend the day cleaning, hopefully it goes by fast!

Spicy, I hope you don't strain yourself at all! I feel like my DH doesn't go very easy on me either. Especially when it comes to yard work, what a pain! Usually it feel okay at the time but I really feel it later in the evening when I do get a chance to sit down for a minute.

Anyone else's DH being an annoying worrywart? I was watching his softball game yesterday and he started lecturing me about sitting in the shade and drinking water. It's nice that's he's concerned (especially since it was 29 degrees out) but it was a bit embarrassing since his sister and my mom were both there. He wouldn't shut up about it until I went to sit in the shade.

Other than all that, married life is great for us! And by great, I mean exactly the same lol. Still feeling like this pregnancy is going by a bit slow but I'm hoping it picks up once my friend has her baby.

My husband is the opposite of yours sweetpea. I think he forgets I'm even pregnant half the time!

I think this second Tri has actually kind of flown by. First was slow, and I have a feeling 3rd will be slow too! :(

Paying- it's great your classes went well and reassured you with l&d... I am trying so hard to pretend that labour doesn't exist hahaha

Sweet pea, that seems like a pretty good deal for maternity leave. I get 18 weeks paid (which is about $9,500 after tax I think), and then they hold your work position for a year. I will probably go back for 2 shifts a week to help out financially a tiny bit, and then continue studying. A home daycare sounds fun (but also terrifying haha), do you need special qualifications to do that in Canada? Baking is so fun, I can't wait to one day bake with my kids when they are that little bit older than babies hehe.

My DH is really good in terms of not letting me push my limits. I don't ever really pull the "pregnancy card" (I have a friend who is 5 weeks pregnant who came away with us last weekend, and she continually used the pregnancy card to get out of helping with ANYTHING) but DH is very mindful and tells me not to carry heavy things etc and happily takes things off me. He even offers to carry my handbag sometimes lol. He is a big worrywart though about something suddenly going wrong... I keep trying to reassure him that everything is perfect and not to worry, and he keeps saying that he will stop worrying after the birth.
He just needs to relax!!!

Well I feel as though second trimester has been the quickest thing ever, and keep freaking out that there's only 80-something days to go. I kind of want third tri to slow down... I am so excited to meet baby, but really overwhlemed too. We have a lot to do and I also think I'm just scared of how everything will change. I will have another human being to look after, and I have no idea how to do anything!!! Eeeek.

My boss has invited me over for dinner tonight. She is so great. She's making lasagne for dinner and mars bar cheesecake for dessert. I am going to eat SO MUCH :haha:

Is anyone else getting dry patches of skin? I drink so much water (some days I overdo it and end up vomiting it all up) and yet my lips are so dry and patches on my arms and face are just so dry. I moisturise and use hydrating masks, I don't know what else I can do.
Also, I was under the impression that pregnancy = beautiful skin. Nope, every month when I would usually get my period, I break out all over my chin!!! Blah.

I've had lots of break outs, but not really any dry skin. I use Carmex on my lips like it's going out of fashion, and I use palmers lotion on my stomach every day one-two times, and then a lush body conditioner on my legs.

You are so lucky you have such a good boss lala! I think my boss is still in denial about me even being pregnant to be honest. The last couple of days of work I've had to wear my own clothes rather than our uniform, because it's finally too tight to wear. 10 weeks of work left, and DH starts his job back home on Wednesday :( I can't stop thinking about how hard it's going to be and how exhausted I'll be not having him around as much to help. And obviously I've got no one else here to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->