Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Hi Ladies! I am doing well. I ended up at the maternity ward Monday night just to check on everything. All was good but it took forever so I spent most of yesterday sleeping!

Buffy, I would absolutely hate to deal with a child like that. I think saying something simple like "that's not very kind, words like that can hurt people's feelings" might work. Probably worth a shot!

Caribbean, baby registries are super common in Canada so don't feel bad for having one! It's super helpful for anyone who's not a parent and has no idea what to buy. That being said, hopefully if people bought you a bunch of things you don't need, they included gift receipts. If not, maybe you could resell it to get some money for the rest of the stuff you need! Definitely annoying since you were pressured into having a registry in the first place!

As for pictures, my SIL is a photographer and we did some lovely silhouette photos! I can post a couple for you ladies when I get home. I did end up using a free online photoshop to help out my double chin situation but other then that, I'm super happy with them! They were really simple and didn't make me cringe.

Spicy - that's the problem - I would never have done a 'BUY ME STUFF!!!' list if everyone didn't keep asking for a baby registry link... but that's apparently the done thing here so I did it. The problem is... as we're in the US Virgin Islands, everything takes 1 - 2 weeks to ship here, but my baby shower is on Saturday. So the hosts are talking about the whole party schedule and including a whole 'gift opening segment' but I am not sure it's necessary for the party. I can't be like "yay sit down and open presents!" And then not open any :p I didn't ask for the registry at all! It does seem greedy to me, but when in Rome... but now I did everything asked of me and am worried people will be wasting their money as I won't need much at all that isn't on that registry list.

I am happy enough to buy things for ourselves - which is basically what I did, which is why I have enough clothes to sink a ship lol... but I was told to stop buying stuff because I need to leave it for the registry! So I did... and now we won't have it. I would rather have not asked for anything and then bought it ourselves. Asking for things makes me feel terrible and greedy.

Ah ok makes more sense now. Hmmmm tricky one guess you'll just have to wait and see what your get then buy what you don't get but it's weird to ask for a list then not use it!!

Oh sweet pea I'm glad you got checked out!!! Any bleeding is pretty scary!

Oh caribbeannnnnnn that suckssssssss. I totally get what you mean about the whole situation. I feel frustrated for you. I know that you would never do a registry in Aus, but when told to do it, only for it not to be used is annoying. I don't read it as you being selfish or anything, it just kind of sounds like a mess. And frustrating purely because it's not something you would usually do anyway!

I agree with the others, Caribbean. That is just strange! And kind of awkward for you.

I had my parents come and stay last night. They took me out for dinner which was nice. But, my Mum is a smoker. Although she does it outside, I can smell it EVERYWHERE. My dad came on a walk with me this morning to walk the dogs, and he was saying that we should come and live with them rather than my in laws when we are in between houses. I could not handle living in a house that smelled like that, and neither could my husband. And to have a baby in that environment? Don't think so. I didn't tell him that, because they get really funny about it. Like, I was sitting outside at my parents house a few weeks ago, and my Mum sat right across from me with a cigarette and it started blowing towards me. Whether I'm pregnant or not, I think that's rude! And when I asked her not to, she got all offended. So yeah. When I left for work this morning, they left for home. I bet my house will stink from being shut up all day :(

Urgh Buffy that's the worst! Mind you, lots of people in our families smoke including our moms but I've never noticed the smell. If I did it would drive me crazy! Hope your parents will be understanding about it when baby is around

How do you not notice it?! It's so bad!! If she smokes near my baby I'll flip my lid! My mum is the only person in either of our families who smokes.

Oh I can't imagine how much I would hate that Buffy. We have new neighbours and one of them smokes (only like a couple at nighttime too) and just that smell wafting in from outside drives me crazy. He smokes outside next to the fence which is near my living room window. I would never say anything coz he is a really nice guy and he can do whatever he wants on his own property but it makes me feel sick! I never really had a problem with the smell of smoke before I was pregnant but now I guess I'm just sensitive to it.
Having the smell in your home must suck :( it's so hard to get rid of!!!

Hmm i don't know. Maybe just because I grew up with it? I've also smoked a bit since being a teenager so I think that might desensitize me. Not sure!

On another note, do you think we should change the name of our thread? I'm really hoping to keep chatting with you ladies even after all the babes are born. Then we can share stories about motherhood!

Also here's one of our silhouette bump pics:)

Attachments

• IMG_20150617_203054.jpg
    IMG_20150617_203054.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1
We can't change the name unless the person who started the thread does it. But that's okay, I'll keep posting here despite whatever it is titled lol.

Such a cute pic <3

Oh sweetpea that photo is amazing!! I love it!!

My parents smoked all my life too and I lived with them for 25 years. They used to smoke in the car when we were kids, and in the house and everything. My Dad quit about 6 months ago. Still can't stand it. Never smoked myself, so maybe that's it?!

I can't even stand during next to a smoker on the bus, I've always hated the smell, I used to tolerate before the smoking ban in pubs but now I find it awful even before I was pregnant. I'd be really annoyed if someone lit up I my house.

The nursery is coming along well, mom got quiet a lot done yesterday.

It's not in my house. She does it outside, but all her stuff smells. And her clothes. And just..everything! Ugh.

I am an ex smoker but even when I smoked, I hated the smell of stale smoke on people. My friend smoked throughout her entire pregnancies... I even think she smoked more when she was pregnant than when she wasn't! The trouble is, her new little baby has had ear infection problems and she blames the cesarean birth, but I did some research and being around secondhand smoke can cause the ear blockages that he has too. She doesn't smoke inside her house, but I can smell it everywhere and her clothes REEK of it. The baby doesn't get a break either, because the dad, grandma, granddad, and oldest sister all smoke, and they're the ones holding him 99% of the time. She will definitely want cuddles with my baby when she's born, but how do I ask her to change her shirt into something smoke free and not smoke until AFTER she's held my baby?? :( Sounds insulting and offensive, but I don't want my baby inhaling her stale smoke!

Second hand smoke remains harmful for about 20 minutes after a smoker has a cigarette, maybe you could not let them cuddle within that timeframe. (Use feeding as an excuse if you need to?)

That's just awful! Lol reading all of your posts makes me feel like I just have a terrible sense of smell! I'm actually kind of grateful that I can't smell the gross stale smoke everywhere. My mom and mother-in-law smoke but we all live in the same town so I doubt they would do it at my house when there's just there for some baby cuddles. When my sister visits, my mom is always really good about washing her hands and everything before playing with the babes.

I'm not gonna lie, I totally thought that one of you ladies started this thread! That's okay though, we'll just keep posting forever. They already moved us over to pregnancy group discussions. I'm sure they'll move us again once they realize that all of our babies have been born!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend) DH is away fishing so I'll just be baking up a storm and getting a little R&R. I probably should get so exercise but that doesn't sound fun! My SIL offered me her pregnancy yoga DVD, has anyone tried something like that?

Had anyone else not had Braxton hicks yet? At my nhs class the midwife said have you all had them yeah? And everyone nodded apart from one other person who was like me quietly like erm no??!
Is it normal not to have them?

I've got had BH either Spicy. I wouldn't worry!

Caribbean - that's what I'm worried about. The SMELL on my baby if they ever look after her or anything. Smokers honestly just do not see the non-smokers point of view. They can't understand why we hate it so much! I can just see my Mums reaction if I asked her not to hold the baby until after 20 minutes of her having a cigarette: "well don't visit then!" "Well I won't look after her!" Etc etc she will act like I'm in the wrong..because she DOESNT GET IT!! She's smoked since she was 14. She smoked while pregnant with my sister & I, and she honestly doesn't even know her house smells or anything.

Bundle4me started this thread :flower: No idea where she got to.

Bundle4me is active still on this site so we could pm her and ask her top change the name ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->