Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Hey ladies! Lala you sound in much better spirits now that you're home! Sorry you have to deal with all the pain and stress:(

I've been feeling okay. Kind of just late pregnancy aches, pains, and heartburn. All normal i think! I just got out of the shower and there were a couple of tiny spots of blood when i wiped after I peed:( DH said it's probably no big deal and we should just see if it gets worse. I just don't know what it could be. It definitely wasn't mixed in with mucous or anything. Anyways I'm just resting for now. My bump has been really sore today

Aw I know it sucks Buffy, but at least the nursery is pointless for the first few months anyway! So you have plenty of time until you actually need one :flower:

Oh no sweetpea I hope you're okay!! Maybe call the antenatal ward for reassurance if you don't want to go in? And they will tell you if you should go in or not xx

My midwife said to call if I get ANY blood coming from the vagina. That's what I would be doing!

Sweetpea I think I'd be getting checked out just to be in the safe side, probably nothing at all but like Buffy said worth phoning the midwife.
I've got my nhs antenatal class today, I'm not expecting much

Let us know how you are getting on sweetpea! Hoping spotting has stopped for you.

Hope your class went ok spicy. I'm kind of looking forward to mine, and honestly just hoping I make it to the date (August 1st) without going in to labour early :haha:

I have 2 midwife appointments next week. One at the hospital near where I live now, and then I have a booking in appointment at the hospital back home. They suggested I keep my appointments at both hospitals because I technically could give birth at either, although hoping for the hospital back home where I have the booking in appointment next week.

Side note: I just got back from my neighbours house. They had me and another friend over for dinner. My neighbour has an almost 5 year old son. Every time I go over there, or he comes over to our house, he tells me he hates me, he pretends to shoot me with fake guns, and pretends to hit and punch me. He does it ALL the time. Every time I see him. I go to a lot of effort to be nice to him, by buying him birthday, Christmas & Easter gifts, as well as making sure our Nintendo is set up for when he comes to our place. And then he treats me like that?! I get that he's only a kid, but why are my neighbours letting him do it?! I'd be so embarrassed if my child did that to someone. If I was a kid, my parents would have killed me for talking to an adult (or child!) that way. Just really got to me tonight - probably because DH left this morning. And I'm hormonal. This is the first day out of 5 that I haven't cried. But as soon as I walked in the door at their place tonight he said "I just really hate you!" Like, I hadn't even said hi to his dad yet and he yelled that out across the room. I'm right to be annoyed/hurt by his behaviour, right?!

Buffy That child's needs some discipline! No way would my child be allowed to speak to anyone that way it's just rude.

My class was a but rubbish, so glad I paid for the nct ones. I'll keep going because work pay me to go but there was way too many people there - about 15 pregant women plus most people had a partner or friend. It was like the same info as nct but much less detail and zero chance to get to know anyone. Don't think dh will come again as he had to take time off for it.

OMG Buffy that is sooooo not okay!!! Seriously I would die if my child acted like that. There is zero chance my parents would let me speak that way to anyone when I was little, and I can say very surely that I will never let my child act that way! Those parents should be really ashamed. Do they seem embarrassed at all??

Wow spicy that sounds a bit rubbish. It's good you have the paid ones!

I'm working from home today, is so hard not to be totally distracted though.

Anyone's belly button popped out yet? Mines still in but I don't think it's going to be long as my belly button gets shallower every day

Spicy- for the longest time I was sure my belly button was going to stay in. Mine also seems to be getting shallower. I realllllly didn't want to have it pop out. I have this irrational fear of belly buttons, particularly outies!!

Lala - they sometimes tell him off, but it's definitely not enough to stop him from doing it. My neighbour says he's just doing it to show off because he likes me. But pretty sure he's just a little turd!! My husband is always like "he's just a kid.." But I don't think it's good enough.

No I don't think that's acceptable, he might be "just a kid" now but he will grow up to be a rude adult. I would stop testing him so well and maybe even say to him, "it's very unkind to say things like that, how would you feel if I said I hated you?" And see what he says. There is no age where behalf like that is ok. I would have been in serious trouble and so will my child! I hate ungrateful children.
My mum is here to start painting tomorrow. Hope it goes well!
I think an outie belly button is inevitable.
I booked our bump photoshoot for 11th July so hopefully my bump still looks nice then- innie or outie

We aren't doing photos. In fact, I'm doing everything in my power to avoid them - unless I take them myself for FB/Instagram, and usually I've had to take 10 before I'm happy with it. My face is getting so fat. I hate it!

I'm going to my neighbours house again on the weekend and I will see how he acts towards me. I have taken to ignoring him, but maybe I'll say something next time.

I love looking at other people's maternity photos but would haaaate looking at my own haha so we aren't doing them either.

Was at the hospital today and my levels they were concerned about have gone from high to higher and so now I need to go to the hospital every 3-4 days. Hopefully they get better ASAP! I hate going to the stupid hospitaaaaaal but super happy that they're not making me stay in the ward right now so at least there's a bright side.

Is anyone else's baby getting hiccups a lot now? It's so stinkin cute :)

I think the photos can be pretty tacky if not done right. I've seen some that make me cringe!! But some can definitely be cute :flower:

Lala that sucks, but at least you're looking on the bright side: that you don't have to stay there!

I don't think my baby has had hiccups. I'm not sure though. Definitely feeling a lot of big movements now rather than kicking and punching (although still getting that too.)

Oh yes there's some hilariously bad ones that I've seen haha. My favourite bad ones nearly always involve the bump being painted to resemble something else like basketballs etc :haha: But I have seen some really beautiful ones too :)

We will be going for something simple (no paint!) Like Dh kissing my bump, it's a two part "bump and baby" shoot so we get newborn pics in the first couple of weeks. I actually like my pregnant shape, I didn't like my body before but I quiet like it now lol.
Mine gets hiccups all the time, I find them quite uncomfortable to feel baby jerking away. Was done huge movement last night when Dh was rubbing my tummy

I wonder how all of the other girlies who haven't posted in a while are doing? :wave:

Haha I love my body shape now!! Before I was just fat, now I am 'pregnant' :D I can wear clingy dresses because now they cling to my bump, not my fat rolls :haha: :haha:

OMG Buffy I would want to strangle that kid. I would absolutely say something to him and also the parents about how it's really getting old that he treats you like shit every time you see him. Also don't set up your Nintendo when he comes over because he needs to actually be nice to get that privilege and talking to you like that is not being nice. I am sure he will say he hates you more, but at least he actually gets a consequence for his actions. I would DIE if my daughter ever spoke to anyone like that, adult or child! She used to think the word 'stupid' was a curse word because I always told her not to use it towards someone else lol my sweet innocent child. Now she's almost 15 and is the most polite, sweet natured girl I have ever met (biased maybe but everyone says so!)

Ready for my selfish whining vent this week?
I am a bit :shrug: because only FIVE people out of 40 have bought stuff from the registry! I am worried they will all show up with things I have no use for (like clothes!!!), and then we will have to buy all the remaining things on the registry that we do actually need :( We've already had to buy some of it as I need it to take back to Australia with us next week but no one was buying anything so we had to get it ourselves. I really don't want to sound 'entitled' or greedy or anything like that (and I am sure I am coming across that way... :nope: ) I just know people always buy stuff for baby showers, but what if 35 people get me stuff we don't need? It will be a complete waste of money on their part, and then it will be hundreds of extra $$$ for us to spend to get the stuff we actually do need! I have pretty much everything that isn't on the baby registry. I know they might see it on the registry and then find the same thing on the island, but the reason I got an amazon registry is because a lot of the stuff isn't available on the island and I was told registries are what Americans do. I have never had a registry before I was married so this is all new to me. We don't really do them in Australia and I was a bit apprehensive but now I am just disappointed I spent hours finding what we needed, that would also ship to the USVI, and it was mostly a waste of time.

Maybe people haven't bought stuff yet? I usually leave these things until last minute. Also some people are anti-Amazon so they might have bought off the list without taking it off the list iykwim. Just be grateful that people buy something, I guess it's different here but baby showers are still kind of frowned on for being "give me stuff" parties so a list would definitely not be taken well but I know in other places they are common like wedding lists. People might have different views about it.I guess just be grateful with the fact kettle peop bought stuff, you can always take things back to the shop!

My gran has bought us a baby gro that says "little brother" on it. I don't think she realises! Fortunately it's from m&s so I can take it back. I won't say anything heady thank her for being kind. I've also been given some heirloom items that are pretty horrid (and a bit grubby looking after being passed down for many years) but I'll put baby in it for a photo and then put them back in a box!

Spicy - that's the problem - I would never have done a 'BUY ME STUFF!!!' list if everyone didn't keep asking for a baby registry link... but that's apparently the done thing here so I did it. The problem is... as we're in the US Virgin Islands, everything takes 1 - 2 weeks to ship here, but my baby shower is on Saturday. So the hosts are talking about the whole party schedule and including a whole 'gift opening segment' but I am not sure it's necessary for the party. I can't be like "yay sit down and open presents!" And then not open any :p I didn't ask for the registry at all! It does seem greedy to me, but when in Rome... but now I did everything asked of me and am worried people will be wasting their money as I won't need much at all that isn't on that registry list.

I am happy enough to buy things for ourselves - which is basically what I did, which is why I have enough clothes to sink a ship lol... but I was told to stop buying stuff because I need to leave it for the registry! So I did... and now we won't have it. I would rather have not asked for anything and then bought it ourselves. Asking for things makes me feel terrible and greedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->