Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Spicy I've had BH since like 20 weeks and I really do not enjoy them! I've heard it's totally normal for some women to not feel them at all or just start feeling them at the end. Definitely no worries :)

I've had BH but haven't noticed them until they've told me it's happening while doing ctgs on bubs in the hospital. Mine aren't intense at all, some women's must get really bad because I can't even feel mine lol.

Went to the hospital yesterday, spent half the day there. My levels haven't gotten lower but they haven't gotten much higher so at least that's good. I go again on Tuesday, and will continue to go every 3-4 days for monitoring. It suckssssss. But bubs is really dealing well with everything so that's the most important thing :)

I was talking to DH about how we need to go to the cinemas a few more times before baby arrives because I really enjoy the movies but will feel really uncomfortable with a baby there (even in the babes in arms sessions). He suggested that we can go to the drive in movies when baby arrives! What a great idea. I've never been before but there is one not too far away and it is cheap too! Haha.

Anything that you girls enjoy doing that might have to come to a stop when baby arrives that you are fitting in now?

We actually went to the movies last night, Lala. We saw Jurassic world. I did say to DH that we should do a few more things like that, but I'm so uncomfortable now (my back was KILLING ME) and also money is kind of tight with the impending arrival! Especially when I finish up work before maternity leave kicks in. The drive in is amazing. We have one back home where we are moving to, and we have said we would do the same thing once the baby arrives. We actually prefer it to the normal cinemas, but where we have been living, there isn't one anywhere near us.

Sucks that you have to go to hospital so often, but at least you get to constantly check up on baby and know that everything's going alright in there.

My neighbour has let me borrow their massage chair. I've been eating all my meals in it at the dinner table and it feels soo good on my back. No idea how I'm going to get through the next 6 weeks of work with my back hurting so much. On weekends and at night I can deal with it, but at work it's hard.

Oh no Buffy, how much longer do you have to work?
Can you get like a support belt or something?
My back was really sore yesterday but only for like 3 hours... I can't imagine it being sore all the time!!

I feel like because I've only got 6 weeks left of work, I don't really want to spend the money on stuff like that lol. I know, I know - I'm tight ;)
I usually do 9-6.30 on a Thursday which is my longest day, but I've swapped with another girl, and now I'm only going to be working until 5.30 on Thursdays. Fridays are also one of my hardest days because I start at 7.45am and finish at 4.45pm..but from 2-4.45 I'm there alone cleaning - taking all the bins out, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning all the sinks, cleaning both dental surgeries, cleaning toilets, etc. I find that's becoming very difficult and exhausting.

When are you finishing up?

I finish on July 10. I am considering whether I should stay like a week longer though, because it really is an easy job and half the time my boss just gets me to sit down anyway. I am so lucky to work with women who have all been pregnant and take sympathy on me :haha:
Aw you poor thing cleaning, that just sounds so exhausting.

I'm tight with money too lol so I totally understand what you mean. But if it becomes really bad you need to look after yourself :flower:

I wish I could finish earlier! I finish July 31st. I think as long as I take baths and get rubs from DH then I'll get through.

I think I have been getting Braxton Hicks today!! How funny after we have just been talking about it. I've actually been feeling kind of off all day - a bit nauseous, tired, and some slight period feeling cramping (only very slight!) and now I've been getting these cramp feeling things in my stomach that make my stomach tense up. But it doesn't hurt. So I'm not sure if it is BH, but I think it might be?!

I'm working until 15th August; 38 weeks. I have an office job so it's not too bad but I am finding it harder to drag myself in every day.
Been to try and but furniture today but what we wanted was out off stock :(
I'll get nursery pics uploaded soon.

If I could just do a desk job my life would definitely be easier! It's all coming to an end soon, and I really hate to complain..

Such a bummer spicy!
Can't wait to see pics of your nursery painting!!

There's a link to my dropbox pictures in my journal now. Some of the pictures it's not 100% finished.

Spicy I'm working until August 14th also so I know how you feel! I'm so sick of it and just can't wait to be done:)

Hope everything is going well with you Lala!

This weekend DH was away and I felt soooooo busy but I'm pretty sure I got basically nothing done. I did buy a crib mattress and sew a set of super hero crib sheets though. That was fun! Babe's been very active which is nice because I know as it gets a bit more cramped in there, he/she won't have as much room to roll around.

I know what you mean sweetpea, my baby is definitely head down and my lungs are starting to feel the strain a bit. Feeling lots more general movements and the odd sharp elbow pointing out.My backside is getting really sore from sorting all day, I have a cushion thing that's a buy like sitting on a physioball so I don't sit to still but my bum still feels sore and numb, I have to keep standing up or going for a walk

Midwife appointment this morning. Blood pressure was 140/90 so I'm borrowing my dads machine on the weekend to monitor it. If I get a high reading like that again I have to call the midwife. No other signs of pre eclampsia though, which is good.

How's everyone else going?

Oh Buffy I hope it goes down a bit. Luckily it's your only symptom though :flower:

Im still making frequent visits to the hospital, my levels are still high and they are continuing to monitor me. Went in yesterday, going again on Friday. It sucks but at least I know baby is doing alright.

We had our first proper antenatal class last night. It was okay, but a but boring. Hopefully I learn more at the other classes.

DH is going on his annual weekly camping trip with his dad on Saturday. I am going to really miss him :(

When I walk around, I can reaaaally feel my cervix. It's not really a pain, more so just really uncomfortable, like I need to squeeze my legs together so it doesn't fall out haha. Is anyone else feeling this? I haven't mentioned it because I don't want an internal examination if I can avoid it. I think it's just because baby is sitting reaaallllly low and putting a lot of weight on it. I was told yesterday at the hospital that "baby is well and truly head down" so maybe it is just getting it's head into position?

Sounds like it's encouraging you to practice you pelvic floor exercises at least! I've not had that but every time I stand up baby head buts my bladder and I have to pee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->