Decembers little darlings now in first tri

I'm still so happy after yesterday. Today I have been washing the baby clothes and I am starting to really get excited. My baby could be here as early as 2 weeks time, I can't believe it.

Well we've had a really rubbish week, we had a leak from the toilet that ruined the kitchen flooring, then the fridge/freezer packed in.
We went to our bump Photo shoot and although it was good the images are extortionatly expensive, one picture is like £100 and they won't let us buy digital copies to print ourselves.
I've also started getting really bad hip pain when I sleep.
So it's been a fairly rubbish and very expensive week. :(

Oh Caribbean I'm so sorry:( That sounds like the most terrible, stressful situation. What a cow that woman was! I'm glad you stuck up for yourself as well but it's no fun having people try to make you feel like a bad parents before your baby is even here! I'm so glad to hear that everything is alright right now. I'd be pissed and stressed too.

Spicy, I'm sorry you had a rough week. That seems ridiculous about the photos. I've always been able to print them off myself:(

I'm feeling quite a bit better after this weekend! When I cough and sneeze I can still feel the spot where I strained my muscle but it doesn't hurt when I breath so that's good! I'm super exhausted but I'm going to be working hard over the next three weeks and probably leave work at the end of July. I just can't find the motivation so I think if I set a closer timeline, I'll be more motivated to work my full hours until then. Plus I have so much left to do at home that having the extra week or two to organize will definitely be a blessing!

My Braxton Hicks have taken an interesting turn as well! They are starting to feel lower and more cramp-like, which has gotten me really excited! I'm hoping babe stays in for another month or so but anything after that is full term so I'm happy!

Spicy that sucks! Silly that the digital rights to some pics are included. Ugh. Hopefully this week is better for you!

Im glad you're feeling better sweetpea :) haha I laughed when you said it doesn't hurt when you breathe so that's good- Sorry. The standards obviously aren't that high to be considered good :haha: but I get it, not being in pain after being sick is the best!

I think I must've been having Braxton hicks yesterday and last night, only they were down low too. I didn't know they could be down low? But if they were real contractions they would've gotten gradually worse, right? So I guess they must've been BH.

I am so happy to be finished work, I am finally getting really excited about the arrival of baby. Plus, the amount I've been able to sleep at night has been terrible, and now I can nap whenever I want to <3 haha

Soo jealous lala! I've got 3 weeks left now. A friend at work told me that another girl said to her that she doesn't think I'll last until the 31st of July. I was quite offended by that actually. I've had maybe 2 sick days (or 3?) during this entire pregnancy and I don't complain (until I get home.)

I think it's a good idea if you leave a bit earlier, sweetpea. It sounds like that's what you really want to do, and it sounds like you haven't been feeling too well. I originally told my boss I was finishing in the 2nd week of August and I decided to finish earlier.

Wow Buffy I'd be offended too! People can be the worst. At least you won't have to work with them soon ;)
Ps don't be jealous! I'm super poor haha

Oh my god, I know! I feel poor already and I've still got 4 weeks of income to come before it stops. I've been reading that it can take up to 8 weeks after baby is born to receive first maternity leave payments too!! So lucky that it's tax time & we will receive some money back, otherwise I think we would be in trouble!!

I made a start on a nursery yesterday since we decided to live 50% of the time at in laws and 50% in our home.

DH and I also decided that if we haven't sold our house by Christmas, we are just going to rent it out & move back home anyway (in to our own place - not with in laws!!)

Buffy I wouldn't take it personally she probably just thinks you look like your need a break (we all do right!) My boss jokingly told me if my baby comes early he wants me back at work until until 14th Aug which is when I'm supposed to finish. I can't believe I still have a month to work I'm so tired.
LaLa I think real contractions don't go away when you move or anything, I've still not knowingly had any bh.

I just feel like if she wasn't trying to be mean about it, then she wouldn't have been saying it behind my back.

It's going to be so weird not waking up & going to work every day. And not even knowing when I'm going back..or where I'll be working! It's crazy.

Oh man, I just can't wait!! Being done work will be the (second) most amazing feeling ever. We've been totally slacking on organizing so I think I'll have lots to do in the last few weeks. And hopefully get to nap and spend lots of time at the beach!

I'm definitely feeling a bit better but I've been pretty crampy on and off today:( It's actually kind of exciting so I shouldn't care.
I read a story yesterday on here about a woman who lost her baby at 20 weeks due to an incompetent cervix :( It was really sad cuz she was trying so hard to keep babe in until 23 weeks. It just made me realize how lucky we all are the we made it this far without too many issues! I hope we all keep our babes in until 37 weeks but if anything happens now, I feel like everyone's babies will be just fine!

OMG I just looked at my ticker and saw that the baby is in the final box!!!! Haha I know this sounds silly but it's really only kicking in now that I'm going to have a baby soon!
I remember when I was wishing for that ticker to move along, away from the creepy alien looking section. Haha

So my eyesight has been pretty blurry recently, I can't read the words on the tv etc and I thought that I better go to my optometrist (I'm not due there for another year) and thought it was weird. Then just before I booked my appointment I read that in this stage of pregnancy it's normal for your eyes to get blurry and that it'll go back to normal after birth. Haha who would've thought?? Anyone else have blurry eyes?

Oh spicy, the last two nights I have had very achey hips while I'm trying to sleep, did you find anything that really helps?

Yay for the final box!! I honestly think it has gone so fast. The first Tri dragged but since then it has flown.

It has been dawning on me quite a bit lately that we will actually be bringing a baby home, basically any time from now. Its crazy!

I wear glasses anyway but my eye sight isn't as good, I thought is feet my eyes checked to but thought there's no point because apparently they go back afterwards, it's because all your muscles relax.
I've put a duvet under my sheet to soften the mattress which has helped a bit but I'm still getting really stiff.
Can't believe it's only 6 weeks until due date! That said I'm ready to meet this baby now. Although it still doesn't seem real to me.I don't think it will sink in until it happens

Just a quick update before I head to bed... I have the flu so I am exhausted and sore and feel like utter crap!

So I went to my endocrinologist appointment on Wednesday ready to put up a fight for what I wanted but I didn't have to as she told me their plan was to have me admitted on Friday and start the steroid shots and monitor my blood sugar levels over the weekend, and depending on how that all goes either get her out on Monday or send me home and come back to get her out on Friday.

Either way.... she will be here next week!!!

Oh wow next week!! As if your baby will actually be here as soon as Monday. How your feeling about it?
Flu super sucks hopefully you're feeling better soon for her arrival.

OMG Caribbean that's so exciting! Can't believe one of us will be having a baby next week! I hope everything goes super well for you two. Can't wait to hear all about that bundle:)

Is anyone else feeling pretty intense movements lately? It just seems like I can feel everything. I'm sure it's normal but it has me worried that my fluid levels are low:( It seems like there's nothing in there besides baby. Maybe just cuz he/she is getting so big?

After tomorrow I will only have another 2 full weeks of work.... I cannot wait!

Caribbean I am so excited for you but it also freaks me out a little how fast everything has gone. Haha! Eeeeeeek you're going to have a baaaaaaaby!!!! So soooooooon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->