Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Aw sweetpea i know it's a pain, but if you're worried, go to the dr. Hopefully they will make you feel reassured. If I've learnt one thing on these forums, it's that if something doesn't feel right, then get it checked out :) x

So true! I'll definitely ring someone about it and see what they say. Thanks:)

Sweetpea my baby is much sharper and pointyer now the movements are much more jabby! But like others said if your worried ask your mw!

My movements have definitely become bigger and more intense. Honestly I wasn't worried because I thought it was normal?!

I think it depends Buffy, trust your instincts, if it feels normal then it probably is but if your not sure then it's worth checking out.

I dunno babe's movements feel okay now. Maybe was just a hyper day. I definitely wouldn't describe them as distressed or frantic. I asked my doc if there's such a thing as too much movement and he basically said no. Or it's really rare anyways. As baby is head down already he doesn't seem concerned about the cord at all.

So looking forward to a weekend! It's another busy one of course but it marks one more week being closer to finishing work! I think I've decided that my last day will be August 4th, only 10 days earlier than I planned lol!

Anyone else started preparing for labour? I'm dreading going overdue so I've started the raspberry leaf tea and trying to get some more exercise. After going for a walk and painting baby room last night I was feeling some more intense braxton hicks! Exciting!

I'm going away for a week so probably won't be I here much next week, I intend to get into "right I'm ready for you" miss when I come back.
Glad things have settled down sweetpea

A friend I used to play netball with had her Bub last night - 1 week early. She said she was over it & ready to have him, so she had a bath with peppermint oil, a pedicure, and then DTD and she went in to labour the next day. That's what I'm doing 2 weeks before my due date!! Hopefully it works :haha:

Have a good time away spicy! :)

It's a good idea for you to finish earlier sweet pea, it sounds like you need the rest! :) I'm not doing anything to prepare for labour... Yet anyway haha.

Hope you have fun on your week away spicy!

Buffy-- i will have to remember those tips ;) haha

Quick question, in my hospital checklist for baby's bag, it says "5 baby blankets". Do you think they mean 5 actual fluffy blankets or muslin wraps? 5 blankets will fill a whole suitcase haha. I have put in 3 muslin wraps and 2 blankets... Just wanted to know what others thought?

So of course I get into hospital on Friday and they change their minds yet again and say they won't be doing steroids and would rather wait until 37 weeks for cesarean. They told me to stay in hospital all weekend just to check my blood sugar levels 4 times a day, which I do from home anyway... so I said absolutely not! I have the flu, I am not staying in hospital for 3 days so I can monitor my own levels 4 times a day. So the OB said she would call me on Monday to schedule my c section. Kinda over this whole thing. That's the last two weekends I have gone into hospital on their request and both times I've gone home because they've changed plans.

Oh Caribbean I feel for you!!! That is sooooo annoying. Ugh!!! I'm really glad you stood up for yourself, staying there all weekend wouldn't have done any good, it would have just made you miserable.
I know that everyone talks about how fantastic our hospital is etc etc but I find them to be really disorganised and frustrating.

Lala at least your hospital tells you a number. I'm completely guessing with mine! I think I have 1 big blanket, and then 3 muslin wraps packed in my bag :)

Haha Buffy well if it helps, here is what my hospital recommends:

For the mother:
Comfortable clothes for labour
Personal toiletries
Casual comfortable daywear
Sleepwear, dressing gown and slippers
Underwear- 7 to 10 pairs
Maternity bras- 2 to 3
Nursing pads
2 large packets of maternity or super sanitary pads
Tissues

Optional requirement for labour:
Camera
Favourite music
Cards or other diversional activities
Massage oil
Swimwear (and towel) for your partner to wear in the shower
Glucose sweets and cold juice
Phone cards

What to bring for baby:
Small beanie or hat - for use immediately after birth
One packet of newborn disposable nappies
5 warm outfits
5 singlets
5 baby blankets

Woo Hoo Caribbean, that's so exciting! Are you all organized and ready?

Lala I would think muslin blankets... not sure though. That list seems a bit excessive lol. I haven't packed yet but I'm planning on bringing 2 outfits. Mind you, our hospital is about 7 minutes from our house and a ton of stores so I can always send DH to get anything I forgot!

I feel like such a bad mum already. I'm only 34 weeks but I'm already wanting to do everything I can to get this baby out. Luckily, I've held off mostly but I'm just so anxious to meet him/her!

Aw don't feel bad sweetpea, millions of women feel exactly the same!!
I'm the opposite... I really don't want baby to arrive yet... I'm not ready!

I have an appointment tomorrow with an ob, and my gp warned me that they'll do the strep b swab. I know this sounds so silly, but I realllllly don't want them swabbing my bits!!! Ughhhh not looking forward to it at allllll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->