Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Lala, I just posted about this the other day in the FB group. They also do a swab of your butt hole. Did you know that? Coz I didn't!! And I'm dreading it as well :(

I also feel the same as you. I'm not ready for this baby to come yet!

Yes I did know that, which makes the whole thing so much worseeeeeeeeeeeee. I know I sound like a baby and my husband doesn't understand why I am dreading it, and I just feel like a little kid haha. He thinks that in the long run this is the least invasive thing they will be doing-- which is true, but I am dreading everything else toooooo!

I'm just trying not to think about it, and have already abused the mothers in my life who didn't warn me about this! :haha:

I'm getting so nervous about everything now. Next week is my last week of work - that is CRAZY to me.

Woo Hoo for last week of work Buffy!!

I'm also trying not to think about the strep B swab:( I think I'm safe for my appointment on Thursday but I think the swab will be done the appointment afterwards. I'm not looking forward to the swab at all but at least it's another milestone that I'm getting closer to the end! Now that I'm counting in 2 week intervals for my appointments instead of each month, it does feel like time is going by a little faster. I also have a HUGE list of things I want to do when I'm done work and one last small baking job in August so I bet the time will fly once August hits. I'm just so anxious to meet this little one! We have four names picked out that we LOVE and will probably use them all depending on how many kids we have and what genders we have but you girls should let me know which one (s) you like! They are:

Anthony Brandon (DH's name + My cousin who passed away)
Leonardo Edward (Edward is my Dad's name)
Aurelia Marie (Marie is MIL's middle name)
Elianna Ingrid (Ingrid is DH's grandma's name)

I really like Leonardo Edward! Leo was at the top of my list for a boy :flower:
And I'm liking Elianna Ingrid for a girl. I hope I'm saying it right.

I am currently laying wide awake in bed at 4.43am. I've been awake for a little over an hour. Dreading work tomorrow!

I agree with Buffy, those two are my favourites! But in saying that they are all really lovely names so your baby is going to have a beautiful name regardless :)

Just back from my OB- they don't do the strep b swab in my state!!!!! :wohoo:
But in saying that, what happens if baby gets strep b? How do they know?

Anyway, I have an appointment for 2 weeks time, and they are going to book in an induction! Im going to have a baby sooooooon OMG haha

You are SOOO lucky Lala!! I hate you :haha:

And I've got no idea how they would know?! Did you ask? Lol

Haha if only I logged on a couple of days ago, Lala.. I could have told you they don't do the swab here!

We had our final ultrasound yesterday. She is now 2.9kg or 6 lbs 7, and all of her measurements are great. Pretty much 50th percentile for her gestational age. She wriggled like crazy in the scan, the sonographer had to keep chasing her around!
Then, I had my last pre natal appt at the hospital today! My OB appt where I had to sign my c section consent forms etc. I thought I was being admitted at 2pm and then surgery 2 hours later but it's at 2pm, which is only 37.5 hours away from right now! Argh.... getting very nervous.

We cleaned up the nursery this afternoon and repacked the baby's hospital bag. Doing mine again tomorrow as I've worn half the clothes in there so had to wash them. I had only packed an overnight bag and wondered how on earth women fit everything! But I saw other ladies were packing an actual suitcase! So I will be doing that tomorrow.
I think we are prepared for her to be here... not sure about mentally but we have everything she needs so now we just count down!

So excited, nervous, scared!

It's so exciting Caribbean. I'm one of the ones who has packed a suitcase! Lol

Eeeeek!!!! Caribbean I can't believe you'll have your baby tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!! Ahhhhh :D :D :D

I was at the mater yesterday too, what time were you there?? We've probably passed each other a bunch of times and never realised haha. I had a scan yesterday too, baby is still big but only 3.3kg and at the 89th percentile now hahaha rather than before at the "off the charts at >95th%" so I was relieved a bit then.
My red bold cells are realllllly low as a side effect from my liver enzymes being high and so my OB said that I might have to be booked for a c section (and they will talk to me more about that on my appointment on the 5th) because my risk of haemorrhaging badly is really high because of that and baby's size. She is also worried about baby having shoulder dystocia if born naturally because of it's size.
Anyway, I know I will have to have a c section if it is necessary, but I really don't want to!!! The recovery scares me, but it also means I will have to rearrange my gallbladder surgery which is supposed to happen in 5 weeks, because they need to inflate up my stomach to do that and they obviously can't if I am recovering from a c section. It makes it difficult that the gallbladder and the birth are happening at 2 different hospitals who don't communicate together.

Caribbean you need to tell me every detail of the c section so that I can calm the f down haha.
Eeeek I can't wait to hear everything!!

I was there about 11 until 2. Did you see the lady with the teensy twins out at level 7 reception?

You sure you want every gory detail?? I am a bit nervous because it is surgery! Argh... getting sliced open. But everyone seems to recover fairly well and I am just hoping they supply me with sweet sweet drugs to keep me out of a lot of pain.

Haha it's a shame they can't whip out your gallbladder while you're cut open! That would make things easier.

So our last day of 'freedom' will be spent running around getting a few last minute things like a humidifier for the bedroom as the heater just dries everything up so much. I feel like SpongeBob out of water when I first wake up.
The countdown is definitely on.... 27 hours!!!

Noooo I didn't see! Cuteeee. I was there from like 10-11.30.
Yessss I want to know errrrrything lol
Is your daughter excited?

Ps has anyone watched that recent video of the girl who gives birth in the car, and the partner is videotaping it while driving?
I spent the whole time yelling at the screen saying PULL OVER PULL OVERRRRRR and then I cried haha

LOL Lala - yeah, I've seen that. God I hope that doesn't happen to me!!

Caribbean I can't wait to see pics on FB of your bubba. So exciting :flower:

Here she is!!

Elizabeth Idalia, born 4:10pm 24th July weighing 2.7kg or 6 lbs 2. She is 48 cm / 18 inches long.

https://oi61.tinypic.com/1zeay3q.jpg

Oh Caribbean she is so beautiful <3 congratulations!! She looks perfect!!!!

Congrats Caribbean!!!! She's beautiful:)

Wanted to update you all that my little guy was in a hurry to meet me so he arrived six weeks early on July 22nd. He was 5lbs 5 oz and is doing very well in the nursery. It's tough having him in here but hopefully he'll be able to come home in a week or two! I will update with a picture as soon as I can:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->