Decembers little darlings now in first tri

I've been healthy all pregnancy so I can't complain but I'm starting to struggle now so I'm going to moan!
I've been really constipated all pregnancy but this week I've been like 3-4 times a day, I don't think that has ever happened in my life!
My hips hurt, I can't sleep and I'm tired, I'm drinking peptac for reflux like it's going out of fashion!
Urgh.
I think my baby will be late, my original date from my early scans estimated new at 2nd September then my 12 week pulled it back but early Sept fitted with my says to so my money is on late not early.It hasn't dropped at all yet. I see the mw tomorrow so I'll see what she says.
I've posted on the third tri section about how I'm really mentally struggling to get my head into the idea that I'm having a baby and soon!! It feels like a far away, concept rather than actual fact at the moment.
I can't wait to finish work, another 12 days after today. Urgh.
I still don't think I've had any Braxton hicks...

Spicy, your body sounds like it's getting ready if you're going to the toilet that much! It's one of the signs you are preparing for birth :) I also had my dates change at my first scan - they put me a week behind, which didn't really match up with my dates. At my 20 week scan, I was measuring 1 week ahead, which seemed to put me at the right date anyway. So who knows when I'll go in to labour!

It's 4am right now. My usual time to be awake for a while..

Lala sorry your gall bladder hurts so much. That is totally the worst timing for it all to flare up :(
That's funny about your dog - my two have no idea yet. My cat though - he will be sitting on my lap, and I'll have to get up for something, and he freaks out and jumps up at me and clings on with his claws. I have scratch marks from the past few days from him doing it! It's like he just doesn't want me to get up. And as soon as I come back, he runs and climbs on me.

Awww. I miss my cat so much :( he was my cuddle buddy. My dog is too big to sit on my lap haha but if I let him he would be all over me. At the moment he wants to be touching all the time, so he is usually sitting on my feet.
Dh said that we have to start getting him to sleep outside now that baby is close. I get why, but at the same time I don't. He doesn't sleep in our room, he sleeps on a bed we made for him in the living room (the opposite side of the house) and he knows he's not allowed in our room which is where baby will be sleeping (and we have baby gates up now too which we are using as doggy gates to the bedroom & nursery as extra precautions since reading about lots of unexpected dog attacks on babies recently). I think I will just stress out with him crying outside. It's my own fault because I'm the one who let him start sleeping inside. I'm not sure what to do.

In good news, my gallbladder feels so much better today and I don't think I will even take a paracetamol for it :D

Our cat sleeps in the garage, so that won't matter.
Our dogs are outside dogs. They have been sleeping inside with us during the colder months, but won't be once the baby comes. They're used to being outside though, so it won't matter. We will just have to get our Staffy a coat :)

Glad your gall bladder is feeling good today :flower:

My toilet habits have settled down again so I'm putting it down to a change in diet when away. I'm shattered at the moment, last night I slept quiet well, went to bed at 11, woke up at 2 & 4 then alarm went off at 7 but I'm working from home all didn't get up till 8.30, but despite that being the best night sleep in ages I'm exhausted! Also feeling a bit nauseous today. Got mw appt at 2.30. I just want to lie on the sofa rather than even half work.

Yeh I do feel for you guys still working. My dr asked me today how I was handling not working anymore- for some reason everyone thought I would hate it. Are they all crazy? I laughed at him and told him it's been the best decision ever, and that I got netflix and so now I officially do nothing. It's been great to be able to do what my body wants me to do.
12 more days for you spicy? Are you working from home from now on, or just today?
Some days I wish we could drink a red bull and get a burst of energy!!

Yes, got the rest of this week, next week and the week after, working to 38. Really wishing I'd said 37! But there's too much paperwork to change my mind.(by the time they had processed it I'll be 38 anyway!)
Working at home one day a week, it takes the pressure off a little bit not having to travel in to the office, I have a mw appointment at 2.30 anyway by the time I got in, it would be time to come home again and then go back....
Started packing my hospital bag today and out all the baby clothes in the wash. It feels too early but I'm trying to get my head in the zone knowing it could be any time now really.

It's better to be prepared than not :) hope your mw appointment goes well :flower:

Anyone want some baby pics of Ellie?? Cos here they are!

You can click on each photo to open in a different window for a better look :)

And yes.. she's only 6 days old! Most of these pics she is 4 or 5 days old..

https://s8.postimg.org/ak7vmcqip/Ellie_Eyes.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/yww80kls1/Ellie_pose.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/6lao3j1vl/Ellie_sleep.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/4i08vv22p/Elliepout.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/gz6wj0x8h/Ellie_Sleep.jpg

I am absolutely in love with this little bub.. she's so beautiful! She's so placid, just chills out and only cries when she's hungry. Otherwise she lies there with her giant eyes (already a very dark brown!!) and watches the world around her quietly. On Monday, her weight had dropped to 5 lbs 9 ounces! (2.5kg) so she really is a teeny tiny little bub.. but she's perfectly healthy and it was still under a 10% drop in weight so the midwife was happy with that!

My friend is a newborn photographer so we visited her studio today. I took a few 'behind the scenes' photos so they aren't even good pics... but OMG my baby just looks so gorgeous in them! I can't wait to see the finished product!

(Not sure why the thumbnail shows as upside down!)
https://s2.postimg.org/kdrvuubjp/Ellie_Tutu.jpg

Oh my goodness Ellie is SOOOOO stinking cute!!!! Ahhh I want to give her little smooshy cuddles!!

I want her to stay like this forever! Except I have just discovered she has two sets of dimples like me.. so adding dimples to the mix when she starts smiling will just be a killer! I am surprised she doesn't have super curly hair like her daddy, but I am guessing when her new hair grows in, it will definitely be curly! I am very surprised she was born with such dark eyes... usually babies are born with lighter eyes and gradually go darker but not this bub! Daddy's genes are a lot stronger than mine. She was pure white when she was born.. not a hint of Caribbean caramel latte like we thought! But she's already getting her very gorgeous tones coming in. I am in love with her more every minute! *gush gush gush*

Gah she's so lovely :D
My dh has dimples, I really hope our baby gets his dimples, they are so cute!!

I bet she will start to darken up a little soon... She's just going to get more and more cute! Seriously!!

I've already liked all your photos on FB but she is VERY cute :haha:
I have dimples too, but have honestly never thought about our baby having them! Now I wonder..
I'm thinking light hair when born, then brown hair and blue eyes later on :flower:

Last day of work tomorrow. Crazy?!?

Last day is exciting!! I bet by this time next week you will be bored out of your brain :p

I can't believe my baby is a week old tomorrow! It feels like she just arrived yesterday. Time is already going too fast! Slow down and let me enjoy every moment before she gets into everything :haha:

She is so so cute, congratulations. !!
Can't believe I'm going to have a baby like that soon!
I had a pretty rubbish mw appointment, everything is fine, I've rambled on my journal about it so I won't repeat here but I'm fed up with my lousy mw care.

Yes Caribbean it's gone so quickly!!! I'm afraid of baby growing up too soon as well!

Oh spicy I just read your journal. That sucks :( I was worried about that kind of care with a mw so I did shared gp care instead (I see my gp every 2 weeks and an OB at the hospital about 4 times throughout- it's supposed to be the same guy I see every time, but so far I've been different people each time I visit). The hospital doesn't like shared care, but for it to be granted my gp had to have done a course with them, so he did it, which was amazing. I am ALWAYS unhappy when I leave the hospital, so I am really glad I have my gp, he is consistent and I already have a relationship with him. Sometimes the OBs haven't even checked the heartbeat or anything!

I woke up this morning and baby hasn't been as active (its usually a little dancer in the mornings) but it's just gotten the hiccups so that's reassuring.
Also, I have this burning ache on my stomach... It's above and to the right of my belly button. It almost feels like I've pulled the muscle a little bit?? Has anyone else had this?

LaLa do keep an eye on movements, hiccups don't count as movements so if it's different do call to be in the safe side.

Definitely keep an eye on movement, and if you are unsure, just giving them a call might even help you feel better about it. I think I have actually been feeling baby hiccups over the past couple of weeks - before that I'd never felt it.

Hope you have a great last day Buffy!

Ugh so today my hairdresser came to do my hair. Well it turned FREAKING ORANGE. it's never done that before, it must be the pregnancy affecting it weirdly. My poor hairdresser nearly cried. She left in a rush to get a different toner to try and fix it and was freaking out. She fixed it pretty well compared to how it was, but it isn't right. I can't be upset with her because she's always done a good job and it's not her fault, but I feel so cheap looking :( blah
And my hair is going to be like this when baby is born and I'm going to look cheap forever in the photos ugh blHahhhcsjhcaskhbcaihdbcwdiucb

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->