Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Oh my god! I'm having my hair done next week. What if that happens to me?! Now I'm scared instead of looking forward to it.

Just got back to work from the amazing lunch we all went out for with work. Had a linguini pasta with bacon, mushrooms, spinach & garlic. Sooo good! Now I'm back at work polishing off a brownie that one of the girls bought me. I'm still here for another hour on my own so thought I'd put my feet up & relax ;)

Sounds like such a yummy lunch!

I wouldn't worry too much Buffy, I've been getting my hair done regularly throughout the pregnancy and it hasn't happened until now, but friggen heck it's so bad. I feel sooooo cheap looking. Ugh. Just disgusting. I have a lunch to go to on Sunday and I almost feel like cancelling. I know it sounds so vain but I feel disgusting

I've only had my hair done once apart from getting it cut during this pregnancy. What do you get done? I get foils.

And I know exactly what you mean, because the ONE time I tried packet dye in high school, my hair turned orange!!

I usually just get blonde foils, but this time she did a blonde tint on the re growth as well as foils, and it is orange. It's so gross. I feel like it looks like I used a packet dye. At least it's winter, I will cover it with a beanie for a couple of days. I will ask her to come back in a few days and see if she can fix it more, but I really don't know how it can be made any better without dying it a darker colour.

I'd rather be brown than orange :haha:

I really feel bad for you & hope she can fix it.

Argh disaster! Hope she can fix it without dying it dark, was it beach or blonde colour? Can they strip it off and start again?

So I texted her and she came back tonight and has just left.
She ended up bleaching all of it, and then putting in low lights and strong toner.

Now it's yellow with some low lights.

I waited until she left and burst out crying. Why did she change it today?? Why didn't she just do the foils like she usually does?????

I look cheap and tacky and I want to just go out tomorrow and buy a brown packet dye and go over it. I feel disgusting.

I bet it doesn't look that bad but if your not happy can you go to another hairdresser to fix?

It's so bad, it's literally YELLOW. I will go tomorrow. I really don't want to leave the house like this. I know I sound stupid.
I'm worried because it's literally disintegrating in my hands.

Oh Lala I'm so sorry about your hair issues:( That sounds absolutely horrible. When you're pregnant I feel like it's important to do whatever you can to feel pretty. Hopefully another hair dresser can help you! Just make sure you do some deep conditioning treatments with protein in them to help keep the damage at bay. Good luck!!

Anthony is doing well still in the nursery. It's so different than having a full term baby. My friend is here and had her babe by c-section exactly a week after Anthony was born and she gets to go home tomorrow. I'm pretty jealous. It's not bad here at all but it's been over a week now and I just want to be at home with my little man. He's so amazing and wonderful I just feel like we're stuck in limbo waiting to get to regular life with our little boy. I know eventually this will all just be a distant memory but it sucks right now.

Also, my pediatrician has gone on holidays and the one replacing her has been to see Anthony three times and I've missed her every time! I just want to be able to talk to her and ask questions if I need to. So frustrating.

Hope everyone is doing well with their pregnancy symptoms! I feel like I could finally sleep forever but Anthony needs to be fed every 3 hours and it's a process that takes about an hour each time so I only get 1-2 hours of sleep at a time. Usually the nurses let me skip the 3am feeding to get a bit of extra sleep which is lovely. I definitely won't be able to do that when I get home!

Thanks sweet pea.
So my hairdresser came back again this morning and felt terrible, somehow it became worse overnight. It was white, yellow and orange in different patches. So now I am a dark brunette. I had to have most of my hair cut off so it's really short and I feel horrendously ugly, but at least I feel like I can be seen in public now, rather than before.
Also, my scalp is burnt and is bleeding in different areas.

Oh sweetpea I can't imagine how difficult and just surreal it must all feel. My hair problems are literally nothing! :hugs:
How frustrating it would be about the pediatrician!! You would think that they would make you a priority patient??

Omg Lala that sounds awful! I am sorry you have had such a bad time. I can say what everyone will say - it's hair, it will grow back... but you will have that hair for all of your baby's photos :( hopefully it looks good though, even if you don't think so. :hugs:

Sweetpea I hope you get to take Anthony home very soon. It would be very frustrating!

I'm doing good. Just had my cesarean wound dressing removed yesterday and it's a lot more sore than it has been. Stinging and stabby. I hope that goes away as I am back to having to walk very slowly and gingerly... very annoying.
Ellie is doing very well. She just slept 4 hours straight! I bit the bullet and hired a couple of girls to clean the house. I feel so much better now! I realised I was doing way too much... loads of laundry 5 days after surgery etc... naughty but I couldn't help myself. But now I have the girls cleaning once a week, I can relax a little and finish off some craft projects that should have been done before Miss Ellie's arrival!

That sounds so nice Caribbean. It's a pretty good idea too :) Luckily my husband is home a lot with his work so I'll be very lucky to have his help around the house a lot. But if it gets too much, having a cleaner for a couple of hours a week isn't that expensive! I'll be keeping it in the back of my mind!

It was our 1 year wedding anniversary yesterday. I seriously cannot believe how fast that year went. We had our birth class which honestly made me feel really overwhelmed and anxious. And then we went out for a nice dinner together afterwards :)

We find out tomorrow if the offer we accepted on the house will come through or not with the finance. Fingers crossed.

I also noticed yesterday that my fingers are swollen. I've been able to wear my wedding ring throughout the pregnancy, and yesterday it was stuck on my finger and even this morning my fingers seem a bit swollen. Nothing crazy - just slightly. So that sucks :( GBS swab tomorrow, midwife appointment on Tuesday at one hospital, and then midwife appointment at the other hospital on Wednesday.

Lala I'm feeling so bad for you about your hair.

Happy Anniversary! It was our 1 year anniversary on the 21st :) we went out to dinner with my daughter and had a lovely night.

I had to stop wearing my rings about 5 months into the pregnancy. But you've just reminded me I can probably put them back on now!

My husband has 3 months paternity leave but he doesn't clean as he has a housekeeper over in the Caribbean so it's hard to get him to clean consistently over here. He will do it and he doesn't argue at all, but I know he hates it (and isn't good at it to be honest lol) so he was very happy to get cleaners in! Only $60 for the 2 hours for 2 girls. Super cheap!

Thanks for the sympathy guys :flower:

Oh Caribbean I hope you heal up quickly! I am really worried about how long it will take me to heal if I need am a section because my tummy muscles are the complete opposite of tight haha eeek. So great about Ellie being a good sleeper :thumbup: perfect idea getting cleaners. So cheap too!! My house is really small and doesn't take long to clean, I hope I can manage it because I get really weird about the idea of having other people clean it. It's a weird privacy thing for me. My mil has already offered to come and clean but I kind of see it as more of an insult than compliment... But that's because it's coming from her... Haha.

Happy anniversary Buffy! I wish my hubby and I had done a weekend workshop instead of the classes we did- every Tuesday night for 5 weeks and we wouldn't get home until 10pm, it's so nice to have our Tuesday nights back now that they're over.
Good luck with the buyer's finance going through! Hopefully it all goes smoothly :) Ughhh I hope your strep b swab isn't too uncomfortable!!!

We bought a breast pump today and accessories etc. Waved goodbye to our money. Haha. I will sterilise it all tonight so things are ready for when baby arrives.

Excited/nervous for my appointment on Wednesday. Hopefully they give me an induction date.

Lala - how is your hair now? I would ask if it's growing on you but it's no pun intended lol..

I have some more beautiful pics of my bubba!

With daddy:
https://s12.postimg.org/vuyql5g49/Ellie_Daddy_Arm.jpg

Smiling in her sleep:
https://s12.postimg.org/ikk2j44bd/Ellie_Smile.jpg

Looking pretty!
https://s30.postimg.org/ydqoozg31/Ellie_headband.jpg

I got it from Macy's in USA.. it's so cute, but way too big for her lol.. she is even too small for most 00000! Only the Target ones fit her properly. At least she should get a lot of use out of all those 0000 and up clothes I bought!

Aw too cute!
Do you think I should buy some 00000 clothes just in case??

It depends on how big your bubs is! I knew mine was measuring under 7 lbs in her last scan so I figured a few wouldn't hurt, but then she was 6 lbs 2 and dropped to 5 lbs 9! So we had to go buy some more from Kmart and Best n Less but they are all still too big on her, even though that's the smallest size!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->