Decembers little darlings now in first tri

I've started at 0000 so hopefully we don't have a tiny Bub! But DH can run out and grab some cheap onesies from Kmart if need be.

Wow Caribbean she's so adorable!! I don't think any clothes that I have will fit Anthony either. He just got back over the 5 lb mark but luckily he just gets to hang out in a diaper and be swaddled in the nursery here. I'm not sure about the sizes where you guys are but i have a few newborn sized onsies that will probably be too big. Oh well!

Hope everyone is feeling well and not hating the last few weeks of pregnancy. It'll be over before you know it! Honestly, I can barely even remember all the little annoyances of being pregnant and I'm only 12 days post pardom!

My first baby was 11 lbs 4! But it's true, I didn't really get that tiny newborn stage. She looked like a 3 month old and went straight into 000 size (3 to 6 months) Ellie is almost half her size (literally!)
Sweet pea US newborn is our 0000 size, so still way too big for Ellie. I have a bunch of Carter's baby clothes and she's just swimming in them.

Ellie had her 10 day (but at 11 days) checkup today!

Birth weight - 2.787kg / 6 lbs 2
4 days - 2.54 kg / 5 lbs 9
11 days - 2.88 kg / 6 lbs 5

So yay!! She's gaining a good amount of weight! My boobs are working!

Not yet Lala... she's basically a sleeping, pooping, drinking machine. She's gorgeous when she smiles and she has the most fascinating facial expressions but they're all random and fleeting so you can't attribute it to anything just yet.

Had an appointment today! They have booked me in to be induced next Wednesday afternoon and baby will be born on Thursday! They wanted me in this Sunday but it was all booked out. I'm kind of relieved to be honest, I don't feel ready!!!

How come they are inducing you?
Can't believe everyone is having their babies already... I ribbon I'm going to go over and it will be September before mines here

Mainly because of baby's size. To be honest I would be fine waiting, I'm not complaining yet and saying "get this baby out of me!" Haha but I trust the doctors know what is best.
I am super nervous about the induction though. But I am happy that they agreed to let me try a vaginal birth before c section :)

How big are they thinking it is? Here they don't even entertain induction until your over due unless the baby is in distress or something.hopefully it will come of its own accord before your get induced anyway!

They haven't scanned me since 2 weeks ago and baby was measuring in the 89th percentile and something like 3.6kg (I can't quite remember now). But I think due to being high risk they just want to get bub out. It's kinda nice knowing the date baby will be here, but as you said, it might arrive earlier on it's own accord! :)

I'm getting excited now about finding out the gender.

It's exciting to wonder whether it's a boy or girl isn't it, do your have names?

My husband really wants to name him Albie if it's a boy, so I have agreed to that.
We aren't sure about girl names. So far we like Lola, Millie, or Dottie.
Nothing feels 100% right though.
Do you have names set in stone yet?

We are going for Esther Grace or Noah Alexander, (unless it really doesn't look like it on the day.) We struggled with a boys name for ages but we liked and agreed on Esther months ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->