Decembers little darlings now in first tri

Oh lala - how exciting! I would be scared too though, and am definitely not at the "get this baby out of me" stage yet either. How crazy that you'll have a baby in a week. When we had our last scan at 20 weeks, we were in the 95th percentile with size. Hoping she slowed down a bit!

I really like Albie & Lola :flower:

We signed the contracts on our house yesterday and we settle on September 3rd. We've been looking at a few houses to buy, and will look at a couple more this weekend. Hopefully we can find something sooner rather than later!!

Thanks Buffy,:) Yaaaaaay so exciting that your house is going to settle!!! Yay!
Now hopefully you can find somewhere that you both love... I do not miss the stress of buying! Can't believe you're doing it while heavily pregnant!

Trust me - most days I can't believe it either haha.

The problem is that we only decided that we wanted to move back near our families once I was in to my second trimester. Then we had to wait until DH got a transfer with work until we could put our house on the market (they help out a bit financially, so had to do things in a specific order) - so it has been quite stressful! We looked at 3 houses a couple of days ago, and will look at about 4 more on Saturday. The ones on Saturday look pretty promising from the online photos, so hopefully we can start making offers and things like that.

It's super exciting, nothing like running through your new house and getting all excited :D and then you will get to set up a permanent nursery and everything, yaaaay :D

Well I think I have too many baby clothes and not enough things for me...or all the wrong stuff! Have you packed your bags?

Yep :) I packed what my hospital recommended, I've put it here before but I will type it out again and we can compare if you like :)

What to bring for yourself:
Comfortable clothes for labour
Personal toiletries
Casual comfortable day wear
Sleepwear, dressing gown and slippers
Underwear - 7-10 pairs
Maternity bras - 2-3
Nursing pads
2 large packets of maternity pads
Tissues

Optional requirements for labour:
Camera
Favourite music
Cards or other diversional activities
Massage oil
Swimwear (and towel) for your partner to wear in the shower
Glucose sweets and cold juice
Phone cards

What to bring for baby:
Small beanie or hat - for use immediately after birth
One packet of newborn disposable nappies
Five warm outfits
Five singlets
Five baby blankets

I'm also bringing my iPad, phone charger, snacks and Gatorade, flip flops for the shower... I only packed one outfit, because I think I'll just wear it to go home - I packed 2 pairs of pj pants and 3 maternity singlets, and I will just live in those while at the hospital.
I packed my things in a small suitcase (the size of like a gym bag, overnight bag thing) and baby's things in my big nappy bag. My husband has packed a small bag too.

Wow you got all that into a gym bag!??
Why would you need 5 baby blankets?? I only have 3

I only packed 3 blankets, outfits etc but after I went to my birth class, they suggested 5! So I now have packed extra. I'm staying for 2 nights, and 3 if CS is required.
I've packed basically the same as lala, but in a big suitcase! It wouldn't all fit in a small one.

I am a super packer haha.
Yes the 5 blankets alarmed me too!! I packed 2 fluffy blankets and 3 muslin wraps because I wasn't sure what they really meant. I hope I haven't gotten it wrong.
If I were to pack my big fluffy nightgown I would've needed to trade it for a suitcase but I will just bring that on top, because it's cold here and I'm wearing it every day right now.

I ended up finding a maternity dressing gown at Big W on sale for $5. But it's a thin material. I also bought a hoodie from Target on sale for $15, so I can always wear that if I really need it. It has a zip for skin to skin/breastfeeding.

I ended up finding a maternity dressing gown at Big W on sale for $5. But it's a thin material. I also bought a hoodie from Target on sale for $15, so I can always wear that if I really need it. It has a zip for skin to skin/breastfeeding.

Wow! I love bargain buys, I always feel so proud afterwards haha and I show my hubby and he never seems anywhere near as impressed :haha:

My hubby loves it. I don't think I've ever bought anything full price since I've known him haha

Haha my husband loves to save money, but he just doesn't understand the normal costs of things. It's frustrating!

This is going to be my last weekend without a baby - any suggestions of what I should do??

Lala - not the Ekka! :haha: How about a trip down the coast if the weather is nice? It's been really warm (but windy) the last few days. I want to go to Sunshine Coast for some whale watching this winter, but I can't really go with bubs :(

BTW just a hint - don't need that many blankets as Mater provide them for baby. Also, they provide the little knitted beanie for birth.

I caught her dimples in a smile while she was sleeping! SO CUTE!!!

https://i57.tinypic.com/282gpiv.jpg

She's such a good baby. Doesn't cry too much. Happy to sit there and watch everything still. She even slept for FOUR hours last night... Yay! This mama is very happy :D

Oh yes a drive sounds nice :)
Thanks for the tip about the blankets! Haha at my appointment the OB said "you still have time to go to the Ekka" when the Sunday induction date wasn't available... Haha I couldn't think of ANYTHING worse :haha:
Ellie is sooooo cute those dimples are adorable <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->