Decembers little darlings now in first tri

How exciting for your last week! I actually think I have worked harder since starting maternity leave. I've been going to bed later & getting up earlier, going to look at houses, visiting friends and family. We are going 4 nights at the in laws, and then we travel back the 2.5 hours home for 3 nights, and then we do it all again. Whoever said I'd be bored lied!!

We are moving all our stuff on the 21/22nd so hopefully baby waits until after that to come!!

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with myself, I fear I might get bored, I think this baby is going to be late. I really hope not

Oh Buffy, 4 nights at the in laws? You are braver than I am lol. My mil is driving me a bit crazy. Yesterday she text me saying "I hope you're feeling okay" which was nice. I didn't reply because I was in the hospital, the appointment took 5 hours too.
Well, when I got home, she called me (from a blocked number). She was upset that I hadn't replied to her message, and that I hadn't told her about the hospital appointment-- I explained that I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get induced yesterday because my levels were only high the other night due to the gallbladder flare up and I was correct, I didn't see the point in making her anxious all day over something that wasn't going to happen.
Then she started moaning saying that we never reply to her text messages, that she always texts us but we never reply, and that if she hadn't have called from a private number that i wouldn't have answered. What the? I stayed polite but said that apart from today, I've always replied to her... And the only time I haven't answered her calls was when she would call me AT WORK. She never understood why I wouldn't answer her when I was working but it was my work's policy!
Also, I explained that I don't usually answer private numbers and that if she wanted to get a hold of me, that probably wasn't the right way to go about it today and that the only reason I answered was in case it was the hospital or something.

Ugh she really got under my skin. My husband is annoyed because she's been trying to continuously start "drama" over nothing and just keeps trying to make people feel bad for her. Like, my sister who held the baby shower told my MIL that her best friend could come, but that she wasn't going to invite other friends of hers because it wasn't her party, it was for me... And so my mil was a sook the whole party. It was embarrassing for her.

She recently bought some expensive tea cups and has planned to throw a tea party (for no reason), and on the invite it said it was being held 3 days after our due date (which was a weekday too btw, really weird right?). I politely declined, explaining that we would have a baby and probably still be in hospital so we wouldn't be able to make it. She made a big thing about it and told everyone she has rescheduled it for next weekend now because I'm getting induced Wednesday for Thursday. Now- I really don't want to go, and also, baby will still barely be a week old! I don't want to have to leave the house, let alone bring it to a "party" to be surrounded by strangers who may or may not be vaccinated etc. But if I don't go, it turns me into the bitch and her into the "poor mother in law".
I think that she just wants to throw this stupid tea party so it's a party about her, and so that she can show off her new grandchild. And I am so happy that she is excited for this baby, but she needs to back awaaaaaaay a bit and give us some time and space.
I know this all sounds stupid, because it is. It's so stupid.
Ugh

Oh wow spicy the idea of it being your last Monday at work ever is super exciting!!

Urgh lala she sounds so demanding. I had a friend who's mil was just like that, once the baby was born she phoned multiple times a day and if they didn't answer (ie because they had their hands full!) She cried and a said how they didn't live get and nonsense. In the end the son had to sit his mother down and tell her how utterly ridiculous she was being and that it's not HER baby and that she needed to back off, she asked a whole but it seems to have settled down. Could OH have a word, sounds like she is desperate for attention.
You name me feel guilty complaining about my parents and in laws, I'm so lucky they aren't like that!!! Hope your resolve something soon. I'm not planning in telling my parents when we go to hospital, I'm sure they will be pissed but it's tough

DH has tried talking to her, but it is hard because she gets very sensitive... Blah.
And yes, she loves attention. For example, her hair is currently neon pink.

It's not always bad, and thankfully his dad is great, she is just hard work sometimes. At least our child will have grandparents who love them and that's nice to know.
My close friends don't understand why I don't just go off at her sometimes (she's said some pretty horrible/upsetting things in the past), but they don't understand the ramifications- I'm in her family FOREVER, I don't want to start some big thing. Me saying little things trying to stand up for myself in the past upsets her enough already (she really turns things around) so I can't imagine how bad it would be if I really confronted her one day.

My in laws actually aren't that bad - it's just that they keep weird hours. My MIL stays up really late (with the TV on loudly) and my FIL will wake up at 6am for work. There's barely a time where it's quiet. MIL doesn't work, so I barely get any alone time. But they try hard to make us feel welcome, and aren't crazy planning tea parties around my due date either!

We will be moving in with a couple who are friends of my husbands. It's good because they both work, and have a huge house so we will have our own room, bathroom, toilet and living area. I'll be so much more comfortable, and the in laws are only 10 minutes down the road anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself that they love us and they only want to help. My friends mil attacked her in the street, slashed her car tyres and tried to strangle her so there's always someone worse....

Oh Buffy it's good you're moving in with friends in a big house :) and having the in laws close also gives you somewhere to escape to if you want to. Sounds good :)

Spicy- my naw dropped reading that haha! Some people are absolutely bonkers!

And in the meantime, hopefully we can find a place & get a settlement date.

People are getting crazier & crazier!

Ahhh worst sleep ever last night!! Can't believe today has come.
I go in to hospital at 4pm, they will insert my balloon catheter then, I'll stay there overnight and then at 5am tomorrow morning they will break my waters and insert the drip.
I'm terrified!

Good luck!! I hope it all goes well. Although I'm sure you'll be fine and I want to tell you not to worry, I know I'd be feeling the same as you!

Omg the insertion of the balloon catheter was HORRIBLE!!!!! It took ages too because it's a new thing at the hospital so they were all new at doing it, and my cervix wasn't cooperating.
I'm okay now, just have period pains. I'm a bit worried because they are mainly in my lower back, I hope my labour isn't all in my back too.
I am super scared-- if I couldn't handle the insertion of the stupid catheter, how on earth am I going to be able to handle labour???! Seriously I am petrified. But at least when it's all finished I will have a baby. Gotta think about the baby.
My epidural tomorrow better friggen work :haha:

Take a deep breath, you can do this. Positive mental attitude. You are bigger than the pain, your body is designed to do this. You CAN do it, and at the end you will have your baby. :hugs:

So exciting! I have been thinking about you.
Sorry the balloon catheter sucked, but you can do this!!! Good luck!!

Thank you guys xxx
They said they will give me a sleeping tablet if I want- definitely going to ask for it soon, there's no way I will be able to sleep otherwise!!

The balloon fell out and they did an examination and I haven't dilated so it must've been put in wrong!!! I refused to get it again. I cried.
They've put me on a ctg for half an hour and then they will examine me again and put in the gel instead.
Then they will examine me 6 hours later to see if the gel works.

So they just examined me and I'm still only 1cm :'(

They can't break my waters yet. They've inserted more gel so this will be hours until they can examine again to see if I've dilated.
I hate every examination so much.

I have horrible lower back pain.

Oh it sounds awful :( Hopefully things get started properly soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->