Do presents come from you or santa?

HPmum2B

Reaction score
So I have been reading the how many presents thread. And I noticed a lot of people seem to do X amount from santa and Y amount from them.

I don't buy my children anything for me at christmas, I only buy from santa. (Obviously I know its from me!).
Does anyone else do this? Or do you tell your kids some of them are from you too?

I do one from me and the rest from Santa. I remember growing up, we opened one from parents on Christmas Eve and then everything on Christmas morning was from Santa. That's how I'm doing it with daughter. .

I say all are from me apart from 1 present from Santa, I buy them all and send them to Santa to deliver back to our house along with his 1 gift. They never ask which present is from Santa though :haha:

All from Santa though I'll give him the Christmas Eve box from me.

Anything extravagant or expensive is from me. The rest is from santa. Don't want anyone to feel left out because Santa only gave them "this" when he gave someone else "THAT"

Anything extravagant or expensive is from me. The rest is from santa. Don't want anyone to feel left out because Santa only gave them "this" when he gave someone else "THAT"

I hear that a lot but I'm not sure kids actually think that way. I know that when I was a kid we didn't have a lot but I never felt anything but utter awed joy at what Santa brought me. It was totally and utterly irrelevant that some of my friends got more expensive/extravagant gifts than me. I think the comparison thing is learned behaviour in older children/adults and just not how little children naturally see the world. The way I see it is that I have 364 other days to give my son presents by non-magical means, Santa only has 1 magical morning and I want to bow out of that.

I hear that a lot but I'm not sure kids actually think that way. I know that when I was a kid we didn't have a lot but I never felt anything but utter awed joy at what Santa brought me. It was totally and utterly irrelevant that some of my friends got more expensive/extravagant gifts than me. I think the comparison thing is learned behaviour in older children/adults and just not how little children naturally see the world. The way I see it is that I have 364 other days to give my son presents by non-magical means, Santa only has 1 magical morning and I want to bow out of that.

Exactly this!!!! :)

I honestly don't think children compare at all, they may ask 'what did you get' but they then Never follow that up with 'was that from Santa?' Xxx

We do one gift from Santa and the rest from us, we used to do more from Santa. My older DD a couple years ago remarked that since there were so many kids out there who need things more than she does that she doesn't want to ask Santa for a lot when the focus should be on them. (Did I ever say just how much I love this kid and how giving she is?) So we decided as a family to only ask Santa for one thing and have stuck to that.

We do one gift from Santa and the rest from us, we used to do more from Santa. My older DD a couple years ago remarked that since there were so many kids out there who need things more than she does that she doesn't want to ask Santa for a lot when the focus should be on them. (Did I ever say just how much I love this kid and how giving she is?) So we decided as a family to only ask Santa for one thing and have stuck to that.

That's beautiful. X

We do it all from Santa, the children still thank us every year for their presents. It's the way my mum did it so we carried on tradition for our own children.

Main present from Santa and the rest from us. Main present is currently the biggest but when he's older it'll be whichever he wants the most and asks Santa for.

We do a pretty even mix, I like to have at least some stuff from us so that we can put presents under the tree before Christmas. When I was little I usually had the biggest gift left unwrapped under the tree on Christmas morning and a few other small wrapped from Santa to go along with the ones from my parents.

This year two are from Santa and the rest are from us. its the two presents I want to leave unwrapped so they will be from Santa.

Santa only fills (rather large) stockings in our house. I want to install in my children long term that they are lucky that they get x, y and z and that not every child has parents who can afford lots of things.

in our house santa bring the presents - kinda like a magic postman lol. But mummy and daddy have to tell santa what to bring and send him pennies to help pay for it all. This is how it was in my house all our presents were brought to us by santa but they were from my mum and dad (although it wasn't really explained in detail it just was if you know what I mean). I never really questioned it as a kid - children really don't think about these things I was just super excited on christmas morning. My mum even put some wrapped gifts for others under the tree and told us that they had bricks in and santa swapped them for real presents on christmas eve and we believed her lol :happydance:

As kids we'd get a stocking, then 1 present from Santa and 1 from our parents (but apart from gifts from other people, that was it- which by the way way totally fine!). OH, on the other hand, used to get (are you ready...!) A present from his parents, sticking and a couple of Santa presents, then smaller bits labeled from...the workshop elves, Rudolph, Mrs Claus, the north pole penguins, frosty the snowman and probably more I can't remember. Oh loved this and wants to carry on this tradition, which I went along with last year, but I could never for the life of me remember 'who' gave them what haha!!! Hoping we can scale it down a bit this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->