Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

Twag - I already mentioned this on your TTC journal but I’m so sorry your AF showed up late. So evil!!! :witch: she needs to go on a 9month vacation for everyone!

Morebabies – Thanks! I didn’t get a chance to do it twice but definitely got some action last night :sex: hehe

Good luck with clomid, buttercup! I'm gonna hit my 1year mark next month so I'm thinking about starting clomid if I can get my dr. on board.

So I have a "Don't Test Early" question...

If my cycle is 28-30 days long on average, should I test on CD28 or wait until CD30?

Most of the time I have a 28 day cycle (sometimes 30) but I O'ed late this month (CD18) so I'm thinking my luteal phase will push me into CD30 territory. When can I test a HPT? I know it's probably smart to wait until the later date, but I just had to ask... :blush:

Noo, i just found out i have cystitis. I'm on cycle day 9. What cd did you have your bout with it? I'm wondering if i should expect some delay in ovulation, and approximately how much.

Another update: my obgyn gave me some clomid to try next month. We've been trying for a year with no baby, so he thinks it's time to "get serious"! I'm excited to try it! Anyone else tried it? I have to wait until i get through this cycle, of course... Gives me something to look forward to i guess ;)

I'm not sure exactly when without leaving the app and looking on FF but if you click my ticker to view my chart it started the day with the disregarded high temp. Ovulation was 2 days later than the last cycle though I was treated with very strong ABX within 2 hours of symptoms (x2 double doses followed by normal dose for 3/7) due to being at work on DS with handy Ob/Gynae doctors on hand so you MAY experience a longer delay if you get one!

Noo, i just found out i have cystitis. I'm on cycle day 9. What cd did you have your bout with it? I'm wondering if i should expect some delay in ovulation, and approximately how much.

Another update: my obgyn gave me some clomid to try next month. We've been trying for a year with no baby, so he thinks it's time to "get serious"! I'm excited to try it! Anyone else tried it? I have to wait until i get through this cycle, of course... Gives me something to look forward to i guess ;)

I'm on Clomid... 4th round... Check my journal out... Ill update it soon soon.

Hi ladies!! Silently stalking away as usual and sending loads of baby dust your way!!

I took clomid for 3 months and I was the devil on it!! Oh my word the mood swings and the hot flushes made me positively evil! That said, it's totally worth it if it gives you that :bfp:

It didn't work for me, in fact I got my :bfp: the month after I stopped the clomid. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those :bfp: !! Come joing us in the Refugee Club :happydance: I just know we'll be seeing ALL of you there soon!! :hugs:

Right girls, I am signing off for a couple of weeks. We are going on holiday! :happydance:

Good luck to everyone who will be testing soon, I hope to see lots of bfps when I come back :) x

Tom's, enjoy your vacation!! :flower:

Thanks for the responses about Clomid, ladies! I've come down with a bad chest cold, so I think I'll end up with delayed ovulation. I started to have fertile signs on cd10 (cervix high, soft, open, eggwhite CM), but today (cd12) my cervix is closed and low again, creamy CM. I'm a little bummed because it means this cycle will be longer, so I'll have to wait longer to try the Clomid. Lame. :dohh: But I'm thankful I ovulate fairly regularly, and I'm trying to be patient. At least I feel so yucky from the cold that I sleep most of the day--less time to fret! :winkwink:

So I have a "Don't Test Early" question...

If my cycle is 28-30 days long on average, should I test on CD28 or wait until CD30?

Oedi, I think you're meant to wait until af is actually late (so for your current cycle: cd18 + usual luteal phase). But I know the temptation is definitely there! If you test today and get a neg hpt, you're really only 10dpo so you could still be too early! Thats my two cents.

Oedi, I think you're meant to wait until af is actually late (so for your current cycle: cd18 + usual luteal phase). But I know the temptation is definitely there! If you test today and get a neg hpt, you're really only 10dpo so you could still be too early! Thats my two cents.

Thank you so much for the response Buttercup! :hugs: from what you say, sounds like I should wait until Monday (cd30) or Tuesday (cd31)

Do you know if a late O (cd18) can lengthen the cycle in general even if you aren't pregnant?

Thank you so much for the response Buttercup! :hugs: from what you say, sounds like I should wait until Monday (cd30) or Tuesday (cd31)

Do you know if a late O (cd18) can lengthen the cycle in general even if you aren't pregnant?

Yes it can - My luteal phase is always 12 days then AF the next morning. I ovulate between CD18 and 21 which means my cycle varies between 31 and 34 days.

Have a great vacation Toms!

oedipamass - I see that you got our BFP!!! congrats!!

Plastik - you're almost there!!!! so exciting!! Thanks for checking in on us :)

I'm so confused. I got pinky/creamy CM on Sat night. Then it went browny creamy yest till 1pm ten nothing since. Just normal creamy CM even when poking around checking CP. Temp dropped yest but spiked up today. Confused!

Oedi, so excited for your bfp! Sometimes testing early pays off :) how do you feel??

Noo, looking at your chart, it looks like you've have some spotting around this time of your cycle before. Looks like they were chemicals? (I'm sorry, those are such a heartbreaker :( ). Maybe the spotting is ib? Could be a good sign for this cycle, possibly!

Can I join you ladies?? I'm on 1 or 2 dpo and AF is not due till the 26. This is our first TWW since our MC in Sept. We have a 6 DD and a 4 year DS. All three of my pregnancies I have tested early lol! But I decided that since I'm throwing myself into faith after losing our little one then I should let my body do its thing and I WILL NOT TEST EARLY!!! Luckily I don't have any tests at home. I'm truly going to do it this time. Just have my back girls!!

Hi ladies - how's everyone doing?

Noo - good luck! Hope its a good sign for you.
dasiyr - welcome! My AF is due on the 24th so we are pretty close! I am 5dpo today. I won't be testing at least until 16dpo so we can help each other get through the tww :)

afm - my right eye is twitching like crazy today.. I wish it was a pregnancy symptom.. HAHA :haha:

Buttercup: I am having mild cramps on and off, strong sense of smell, but that's about it. I really tried to be better with the testing this month. I waited until CD28, which is when my period usually begins so I didn't feel like I was testing *too* early. I also had a really strong feeling! I am just hoping and praying for a sticky bean. This is my 1st BFP of any kind, so I'm a nervous wreck.

How are you doing, Buttercup? :hugs:

Noo - I just clicked on your chart and omg, I have a reaaally good feeling about you this month!!! I've heard that that a lot of people get BFPs right after a chemical, so hopefully that will be your case! Good Luck! When will you be testing?

Oedi, sounds good so far! Your baby will be due right near my birthday! :) I've gotten positive opks yesterday and today with the usual fertile signs, so i expect i should ovulate today (assuming being sick doesn't interfere with it). DH and I have been busy BDing, so fingers crossed!

Noo, baby dust to you!

Koj, how did you feel about your BD timing this cycle? Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->