Early 20's and TTC - 17 BFPs!

Hi Lilly88. What a lovely thing to hear!
I'm feeling pretty well at the moment, I feel a little weird on and off. But generally not half as bad as I thought!

IVF is a pretty invasive procedure (although I imagine it's changed a bit since your mum had it). On the protocol I'm on, I inject everyday for 5 days (which will be tomorrow) in the morning. Then as of tomorrow I will be injecting twice a day. As of tomorrow I will also be having ultrasounds and blood tests every other day. Probably until friday, where they will give my a final injection. Which will be the trigger to finally mature the eggs.
36 hours later, they're then collected using a needle attached to the end of an ultrasound probe.
They then fertilise them either using IVF (which is where they just introduce them in a petri dish) or ICSI (where they inject one sperm into the egg with a glass needle, this is the procedure we're having).
Then between 2 and 5 days later, they're surgically implanted back.
Unfortunately, it's not glamorous and can be pretty painful. And you have a hell of a lot of medication (antibiotics after the egg collection and then tablets and pessaries for 12 weeks afterwards, not to mention all the injections!).

But we've got male factor infertility. And it's unlikely we'll conceive any other way.
Fingers crossed this'll be our first and last cycle! :)

Hope you're doing well too :hugs:

Wow. I'm absolutely in awe of you! That sounds an incredible procedure.

I'm positively positive this is your month! I'm keeping everything crossed!

I know it's really silly but we just bd'd and I had to go to the toilet about 10 mins after and I'm now worried I've ruined our chances. So stupid!

Thanks hun! I'm just grateful for the opportunity and so glad that procedures like this exist!

After 10 minutes, I think you'll be fine, as it will have given them sometime to travel. And some people get pregnant even when they stand up straight after. Plus this might not be the BD day that gets you the BFP... if that makes sense?
Good luck :)

Wellsk: I think it's amazing what your going through and I really hope it works!! What are the success rates for ivf?

Lilly88: don't worry about going to the toilet! Although I do try to avoid it for at least an hour just to be sure! I'm sure the swimmers had enough time to swim out of danger! Hehe :)

Lots of luck ladies! Xx

Thanks flutter :hugs:
I hope you get your BFP soon too :)
The success rates seem to be dependant on who you ask. I've read 32% overall for IVF in under 35s. But someone on the same trial as me who had two embryos put back was given like a 50/60% chance :shrug:

All the women I've met who have gone through the trial have actually got their BFP... so I'm really hoping I will too :)
I have a lot of things going for me, like my age, my own medical history (as we have male factor infertility), so fingers crossed!

That sounds positive! When did you last do a HPT?

the 15th. But I had a period the 16th. Also, when I took the tampon out, it was pinkish, and there was one tiny little blood clot. But that was all. I put in a liner, and so far, it's letting up. I don't know what to make of this, other than it's my body being weird since coming off BC a few months ago.

Yeah it's possibly that. Mine is just getting back to normal after Mirena removal in January.

OPKs are currently doing my head in!!!! :growlmad:

AF has gone! Yayy! Cycle number 3! Lets make a February baby!! Woo! Xx

On cycle 3 now af has gone too!

Though im not too sure if we'll be completely trying this month. Ive been doing a few AS levels so I can go to uni at some point. Just biology and psychology but my 2nd exams are next week so a lot of us are planning on doing a pub crawl but not too great if im pregnant. Ill just see how it goes.

Think we're going to take an NTNP approach for the next few months because of our florida holiday. If I get pregnant in the next 4 cycles I cant go but im not... overly bothered. It would be nice but id rather have a little one!

Yeah it's possibly that. Mine is just getting back to normal after Mirena removal in January.

It would appear that this is a 2nd May AF, so. Fun times. Super bloated, with a light flow. No serious cramping though. I hate feeling so out of control of my body. I hope things don't go back to how they were before I was on oral BC, and I end up having a period that lasts a month, then go with out one for so many months. Uhg. Please be normal!:cry:

I know what you mean about screwed up cycles.
Mine are just going back to normal from 33 to 29 days.

I really want a BFP thie cycle!

Hi ladies!
How are we all?
So I'm biting the bullet and iv just ordered some opks!
Really not sure how to use them tho?
Does anyone here have any advice and tips for me? Like what cycle day do I start doing them? And when's best to do them? Fmu or night time??
Advice needed please girlies!
I need my BFP!
Xx

I use mine between CD 7 and CD 19ish.
It is better to use them mid afternoon after holding your pee for abou 4 hours as although LH surges happen in the morning, it takes a while for the hormone to hit the urine.

I need my BFP too. This month or next month is make or break to see if I can go on holiday or not!

It would appear that this is a 2nd May AF, so. Fun times. Super bloated, with a light flow. No serious cramping though. I hate feeling so out of control of my body. I hope things don't go back to how they were before I was on oral BC, and I end up having a period that lasts a month, then go with out one for so many months. Uhg. Please be normal!:cry:

If it really light could it be IB and not AF?

Hi ladies!
How are we all?
So I'm biting the bullet and iv just ordered some opks!
Really not sure how to use them tho?
Does anyone here have any advice and tips for me? Like what cycle day do I start doing them? And when's best to do them? Fmu or night time??
Advice needed please girlies!
I need my BFP!
Xx

2DPO here (I think). I had a positive OPK Saturday and then period pains all day Sunday so I guess that's when I ovulated.

Little one said exactly what I'd say re OPKs!

Really hope this is our month! X

I'm having a bit of a hard time with TTC at the minute though. Not entirely sure I ovulated last month which isn't a good sign especially if I want this month to be my BFP month!
My birthdays on the 24th June and I'm testing around the 19th! Really want a June BFP!

I've spoken to my mum finally about TTC and she's onboard a certain extent. She was worried at first because of my age and things but she's come round. She's a midwife so she was... very descriptive of how to get pregnant. Something I would not want to repeat, with anyone, ever.

When she got down on the floor to do the cycling motion with her legs I could've very easily let the ground swallow me up but she had some other good advice too. BD as much as you normally would when you're not TTC on all other weeks except fertile weeks and then BD every 2 days for the first 4 days of your fertile week and then every day until 2 days after O.

Carrying on BD'ing afterwards is to keep his tube from being clogged up with dead sperm which can't swim and will block other swimmers but also contractions of the uterus from orgasaming can make it easier for the egg to bury.

She also kept reminding me that I need to keep the passion in my relationship and shouldn't be 'baby making sex'. I cut the conversation when she started suggesting how to have a better sex life. I heard 'Costumes and Vibrators'... next thing I know she'll be telling me about 50 shades!

Arghhhhh! I'm already cd 7 and only just ordered them!
I wasn't going to do opks or anything as I'm trying not to stress!
But I met a pregnant friend for tea and cake this afternoon and all we talked about was babies and so I was just thinking I NEED to do something!!!!
Iv been having quite long cycles tho so surely I ovulate late??
I will just see when they come :)
Would say 4pmish be ok to test? That's when I'm home from work you see apart from a Tuesday and there's no way I'd feel comfortable doing them at work!

Littleone- hahahahahahahaha! That hilarious! At least she's being supportive and giving you really good advice!! My mum is really supportive too and can't wait to be a nana! Xx

If it really light could it be IB and not AF?

I don't know anymore...I wasn't really THAT crampy. Not like I suspected a normal period to be. It was like normal CM, but pink! And not a heavy flow. This is what I found on the net.

• Implantation bleeding typically consists of a discharge with a pink or brownish tint.

• “Implantation bleeding (also known as spotting) usually lasts for a couple of days but every woman is different, so how long it lasts can vary. Sometimes it’s less than a day, occasionally it’s longer than a couple of days,” says Dr Rob Hicks.

My confusion is, that if this were implantation bleeding, when did I get pregnant and why did it come on so fast? I JUST had my period the 16th! Thats why I'm so scared to think or looking into it more. I took a test two days ago, and it said negative. One of the walmart cheapies...

Mmmm yeah that would be too early, but a lot of women have ovulation bleeding? this is exactly the right time for that! Have you done an OPK? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->