**EXTREMELY! LUCKY** Perving Thread

TTc... how's your temp today ?????? xxx

went down some more...but not enough for AF to start....so I guess I will have to wait till tomorrow.....ugh this is taking so long.

cheeky - I have found with FF you just need to keep temping for a few days and it will change your Ov date...if not then you can manually override it.

Thanks ttc, I often have to override my O date on FF. One month it decided i'd ovulated on CD25, 3 days before my AF arrived lol

Yay, Cheeky!

Moxie... you are very knowledgable about such things...

I am wondering; do you think I may be less than 14dpo ???

I have had 24 day cycles but more often than not they are 26-27 days long.

I realise my chart shows ov on CD10 but perhaps I actually ov'd on CD14... I did have a temp dip then...

I would love your advice / input on this xxx :hugs:

Thank you x

Yay, Cheeky!

Moxie... you are very knowledgable about such things...

I am wondering; do you think I may be less than 14dpo ???

I have had 24 day cycles but more often than not they are 26-27 days long.

I realise my chart shows ov on CD10 but perhaps I actually ov'd on CD14... I did have a temp dip then...

I would love your advice / input on this xxx :hugs:

Thank you x

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm no expert so never rely completely on my interpretation or advice. =)

I agree with your concern that you might have ovulated on CD14. With gradual increases like this, there is always a question about when ovulation really took place, especially if there is a fall back. There is no real way of knowing without regular ultrasound scans or blood tests, so the best thing any of us can do is continue to BD until the temperature rise is well and truly sustained above our coverlines.

Your previous charts show that you don't ovulate every month, or at least that you have some sort of luteal phase defect. In this context, the rise in temperatures this month is very promising! I know it's very stressful, but I would stop testing, wait 2-3 days and then test again if your temps are still up. I hope you'll get a positive this month!

temp has finally gone up! suspected ovulation yesterday but FF puts me at o last friday if my temps remain high! don't believe it tho, definitely wasn't then.

Cheeky, that's brill. Knew they would. You have such a stable wave and pattern this month, I hope you catch that egg! =)

Ladies can I ask a question?

A bit earlier me and OH were um. . fooling around
And then an hour later we DTD.

When I was cleaning up there seemed to be blood!
It was an orange colour, ever so slightly brown
But I smelt . . . :shy: it and it was definately blood.
There was no sign of this the hour before :wacko:

We haven't :sex: much this month so it could be that?
It could be a cut or something.
Kinda worrried it could have come from him :(
I don't ever recall noticing blood during or after sex unless a period was just starting :shrug:

Is there any chance it could be implantation bleeding?

I've marked on my FF as spotting although it wasn't red?

xx

Well you had a dip yesterday so i'd say theres a chance it is! Ooh fingers crossed for u! xx

Maaybe, thanks for asking. =)

I had some 'endocervical' tissue collected for various tests that the fertility clinic wanted doing before I am allowed the HSG. That's the scientific way of saying they scrape the inside of your cervix. :wacko: Three times!!

Needless to say, my first experience of using the softcup was very unpleasant. I used to use the Nuvaring for BC before I met my DH and I foolishly expected the ring to be something like that. Not even close!!! The ring on the softcup is massive and thick! I am giving myself a bit more time to heal before trying it again. Just not sure what the whole excitement is about them. Surely it blocks some sperm from entering the cervix as there is no way to ensure everything stays on the right side of the cup? I'm a bit baffled.

I'm looking forward to my ultrasound this month. I have a load of questions to ask during it. I hope the technician is nice. :happydance: Are you looking forward to yours? Imagine if you see something! How cool would that be?

xx

I hope it is! =) :hugs: You don't have a history of spotting so unless there was some aggravation to the cervix?? It seems highly unlike that it's due to overstimulation of the endometrium by estrogen (like period spotting).

Maaybe, thanks for asking. =)

I had some 'endocervical' tissue collected for various tests that the fertility clinic wanted doing before I am allowed the HSG. That's the scientific way of saying they scrape the inside of your cervix. :wacko: Three times!!

Needless to say, my first experience of using the softcup was very unpleasant. I used to use the Nuvaring for BC before I met my DH and I foolishly expected the ring to be something like that. Not even close!!! The ring on the softcup is massive and thick! I am giving myself a bit more time to heal before trying it again. Just not sure what the whole excitement is about them. Surely it blocks some sperm from entering the cervix as there is no way to ensure everything stays on the right side of the cup? I'm a bit baffled.

I'm looking forward to my ultrasound this month. I have a load of questions to ask during it. I hope the technician is nice. :happydance: Are you looking forward to yours? Imagine if you see something! How cool would that be?

No prob, I hadn't seen a post by you for a while! :)

That doesn't sound too nice lol

I use softcups when i first seen the size of them I was just like :shock:
Oh - Your putting that where?! :haha:
Yeah I sometimes think they 'miss some' :shrug:

I am looking forward to it yeah!
If they did I think I would cry my eyes out and kiss the person :haha:
Do you think it's possible to see something this early?

xx

I hope it is! =) :hugs: You don't have a history of spotting so unless there was some aggravation to the cervix?? It seems highly unlike that it's due to overstimulation of the endometrium by estrogen (like period spotting).

Nope, never spot not even my AF is on her way :thumbup:

Yay, Cheeky!

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm no expert so never rely completely on my interpretation or advice. =)

I agree with your concern that you might have ovulated on CD14. With gradual increases like this, there is always a question about when ovulation really took place, especially if there is a fall back. There is no real way of knowing without regular ultrasound scans or blood tests, so the best thing any of us can do is continue to BD until the temperature rise is well and truly sustained above our coverlines.

Your previous charts show that you don't ovulate every month, or at least that you have some sort of luteal phase defect. In this context, the rise in temperatures this month is very promising! I know it's very stressful, but I would stop testing, wait 2-3 days and then test again if your temps are still up. I hope you'll get a positive this month!

Thanks for your input hun... lots of food for thought :) I have disreguarded the temp drop at what was 4dpo due to restless sleep... FF has changed ov to CD11. I suppose I just have to rely on the fact that my temps are going in the right direction in general whether I am 10dpo, 14dpo or somewhere in between. No loss of symptoms as yet so I'm also bearing that it mind. Just need to be patient a little while longer. Thanks again hunny :hugs:

moxie, correct me if I am wrong but I thought restless sleep would give you a higher temp not a lower one?

ttcbaby117, notquitesure:
Restless sleep can cause higher temps, but it really, really depends on what you mean by restless. Temps increase naturally when you wake up. So, the more you are awake, the higher they will be.

When I have a restless sleep, I often take my temp earlier than usual. This may give a lower temp. Sometimes, when I have a restless sleep or stay out late, I fall asleep later. So, when I wake up at 4 am to take my temps, I haven't been asleep as long, and my temps might be lower.

So you see, it all really depends! I often have quite broken sleep (waking up at 1 am, 3 am, and 6 am) during luteal phase, and my temps almost certainly map to the hour very well despite having been taken in broken sleep.

Taking your temps at different times is more likely to affect the temps than restless sleep. Only way to know how your body is affected is to experiment!

I am looking forward to it yeah!
If they did I think I would cry my eyes out and kiss the person :haha:
Do you think it's possible to see something this early?

I was reading the literature on early ultrasounds myself so I know it is possible. But it's not as precise as bloodwork aka you may be pregnant and not see anything. So don't be disheartened if you don't see anything! It's a good time for a scan because it's just as accurate as day 1-5 at checking follicle number and size... plus you get an important look at your endometrium under the effects of progesterone. This will reaffirm the quality of your lining.

I chart restless sleep when I haven't had 3 hrs of unbroken sleep. Like you Moxie, I might wake at 1am 3am 6am etc during the TWW. When this happens I take my temp then use the temp corrector on FF. So this morning at 3.30am my temp was 36.4c and at 7am it 36.9c. Combined, FF gave me a temp of 36.88c... hope I'm right in doing this.

I never use the temp correctors myself unless the times are way late (like 7 am instead of 3-6 am) and even then, usually not.

I do compile all of my temps in an excel document which mathematically calculates the raise in temps over time. My own personal temp corrector. =) But that's only for me to confirm what I already know. I'm happy enough interpreting the temps in my head rather than correcting them. Whatever helps you!

But then... if I use this method all the time... my line should still read as it would if I slept soundly and woke at 7am every day, yes ???

temp has finally gone up! suspected ovulation yesterday but FF puts me at o last friday if my temps remain high! don't believe it tho, definitely wasn't then.

Cheeky, that's brill. Knew they would. You have such a stable wave and pattern this month, I hope you catch that egg! =)

Thanks moxie :) Just have to wait and see now!

Not exactly. Temp correcting is only as accurate as your sleeping patterns. Sometimes, it is better to track off where you naturally wake up. So, for example, you fall asleep at 10 and wake up at 4 one day.. and then you fall asleep at 11 and wake up at 5 the next day. Correcting the temps may make them even less clear/accurate than if you had just used the actual ones.

The best way to know is to track your own temps in various hours of sleep for a few days in follicular and in luteal phase. You can use these in a regression equation to correct your future temps (note: don't do this every night! A few average nights should give you enough data points to create a regression equation).

The second best way to correct your temps is to use all of the temps you've already recorded to create a scatter plot (time of day versus temperature) and calculate a trend line. The slope of this line will show you exactly how to correct your temps.

FF and other temp calculators use a general mathematical equation, but this may not be accurate for you. And it certainly won't be accurate if you go to sleep at different times.

Here, a quick experiment. I just corrected all of my temps from the last cycle and this cycle.

These are the original temps of the last cycle:

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/4562542074_4cf2914e62_o.png

These are the corrected temps a la FF for the last and current cycles:

https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1415/4602364724_094962bb4e_o.png

So you can see, it just squishes it. The overall trend is the same, and I wouldn't interpret it any differently. The biggest change are the temps which are outside my normal 3-6am waking period (for example, the fallback rise following ovulation). I really didn't need to correct all of my temps to understand what was going on with my cycle.

By all means, do it if it makes you more confident.

My excel file with my own mathematical equations is at work so I'll play around more tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->