Football!!

Feel bad for West Brom. They manage to play good, exciting football all season, and give 100%, but just couldn't get the goals they needed.

Here's hoping Newcastle and Middlesborough join them LOL

well i think its safe to say middlesbrough are definetly joining them, only way out is a win and relying on good results elsewhere and middlesbrough just dont know how to win lol.

Just hope newcastle join boro in going down, then it will make going down a little sweeter to see them suffering too :rofl:

Yeah, I think you're right about Boro, unfortunately. Of the 2 I would prefer seeing the Mags relegated, but there would be something sweet for a Sunderland supporter to have both the other NE clubs relegated for a change instead of us.... I think it's all going to come down to next Sunday though.

Just seen the sunderland score for tonight, definitely all coming down to next week for all the NE teams then. I accept that boro are def going down but i would prefer to see newcastle down with us than sunderland, just don't think the geordies will deal with being relegated to well and it would make more of a change than if sunderland were to go down. Well if Sunderland end up going down the boro will definitely be with them coz we can't over take them on points lol. Can only hope boro get a good win and hull and newcastle both lose but I don't see boro winning, so I am just hoping for a newcastle to lose really. I'm so sad sitting hoping for the mags to go down, but I just dont think it's something they'd expect to have happen to them and their amazing club. Oh well next sunday shall be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Bremen totally sucked against the ukrainian team , there you go, if they didn't beat Hamburg they wouldnt have to live with that :p

june09, you're so right - it's down to the wire for all 3 NE teams tomorrow. I'm sitting here too hoping the Mags go down :rofl: but will be sadder to see Boro relegated.... I like to see Boro do well, even though I support Sunderland. However, it will make a change for us to be the only NE team in the Premiership! (fingers crossed!)

Uh Oh today is the big day, must enjoy the last couple of hours of my team being in the premier league lol

Im absolutely devastated.

Im speechless.

Worst thing about it was that they deserved to go down.

Ive never cried over football before lol it's silly but I feel as if my home town has been let down. And Alan Shearer as well. He's put so much into that club in his career, and the players still didn't even look like they gave a toss. it's a huge slap in the face for him and all of the fans.

xxx

I actually feel quite sorry for Shearer ... he was given the impossible :(

well i am sad too see middlesbrough get relegated but it has been obvious it was going to be that way for a few weeks now as we just had no goal scorers and in all fairness we deserved to go down, it wasn't just bad luck or anything. As a middlesbrough supporter, I can't help but be glad to see newcastle go down with us its the only thing making relegation a little bit easier at the moment. Do feel for alan shearer slightly though as he was given an impossible job to do really in such a short time. Must be a good day for sunderland though, being the only north east team left in the premier league definitely makes a change!

I feel sorry for Alan Shearer. As PP said, he was given an impossible task when it came to keeping Newcastle up! :cry:

A bit like Crewe's manager, Gudjon Thordasson - He almost did it, but we all knew at Christmas where we were headed! :dohh: x

I have to admit that today feels sweet as a Sunderland supporter - for all the seasons we were relegated and the Mags and Boro rubbed it in....

But I do feel for the supporters of both clubs; it just seemed like the players didn't care, and that's terrible. I don't feel that bad for Shearer however, as he was well aware how impossible the task was when he accepted the job. I really did think going into the matches today that Hull would have been going down instead of the Toon...

My commiserations to Newcastle and Boro fans; I know how painful relegation is :( Here's to the season after next and a quick return to the Premiership for both clubs.

Yesterday was a weird one, It felt so sweet seeing newcastle go down yet at the same time i felt bad for them coz you just know they are feeling the same pain.

I do worry middlesbrough wont bounce back so quickly and get back into the premier league straight away, I hope I am wrong but I do think they will struggle unless theres some big changes made over the summer.

What did make me laugh was seeing some comments made by newcastle supporters, saying how they don't deserve to go down and how much the premier league needs them. They did deserve to go down, the points on the board don't lie. It wasn't just the odd bad game that made them go down it was a bad season as a whole. Same as it was with middlesbrough, and west brom you can't say you don't deserve to go down when clearly you just weren't winning enough games and getting as many points as the other teams. But theirs always some supporters who refuse to believe it's because their team had a bad season.

It's never easy for teams when they get relegated though, especially the bigger teams..For example, Leeds struggled, Forest stuggled..Charlton, Norwich..The list goes on! It's never easy. Plus, the fans have such high expectations! They expect promotion straight away. I really do hope that Boro and Newcastle do bounce back up again, but I wouldn't bank on it!

It will take a long tiem for them to recover from this.

They need a complete clearout of the team, starting with Mike Ashley.

I really hope Shearer stays to bring them back up.

xxx

Sunderland supporter here - nailbiting time as we fight for Premier League survival!

Im a huge supporter too :D

I was at the match and I just couldnt handle it, but the atmosphere was amazing!!!!

Donna x x x

Sunderland supporter here - nailbiting time as we fight for Premier League survival!

Im a huge supporter too :D

I was at the match and I just couldnt handle it, but the atmosphere was amazing!!!!

Donna x x x

My dad and brother went (Chelsea fans) and said it was a good game, Sunderland played well apparently.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"