General Christmas chat thread!

Oh no C, thats exactly what you were worried about. Glad you'll be all done in time to get sorted though.
Yes, fingers crossed he doesn't get ill or it'll be all of us having to isolate then.

I knew it was coming!!
I'm now watching DD2 like a hawk to make sure she's okay. Fingers crossed*

Fingers crossed none of you who are isolating get affected! I’m feeling like maybe I should get a pack of turkey to Chuck in the freezer just in case we can’t go to my mams it’s always a worry working in a school

That's not a bad idea, you can always eat it at a later date so won't be a waste

Fingers crossed none of you who are isolating get affected! I’m feeling like maybe I should get a pack of turkey to Chuck in the freezer just in case we can’t go to my mams it’s always a worry working in a school

It really plays on your mind this close. We're not going anywhere Xmas day and as it stands can still go to the shops before then. However if she got ill then we couldn't. I've got a food shop coming Friday just incase. X

It really plays on your mind this close. We're not going anywhere Xmas day and as it stands can still go to the shops before then. However if she got ill then we couldn't. I've got a food shop coming Friday just incase. X
Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. Good thinking to get a delivery though!

Ds4 (7) just asked me what year I wish it could be Christmas everyday was, I replied 1973 and he asked "and was that before colour?" !!!

My youngest now has to isolate as a child in her class has tested positive with no symptoms (so has his mum who does have symptoms)

Decided to keep both girls home now . She will be out of isolation by the 20th thankfully . I've managed to get a Tesco delivery on Friday so covered for food and hopefully can get out Monday/Tuesday for Christmas meat etc
Oh deary me that’s a nightmare ! Glad she’s out of isolation by 20th . Hope the child and family are ok !

The schools are hinting that the kids might not return after Christmas break. And by hinting I mean they refuse to say for sure but are having the kids bring home all their belongings. I'm so worried. I don't even own a computer. Remote learning is not an option.

The schools are hinting that the kids might not return after Christmas break. And by hinting I mean they refuse to say for sure but are having the kids bring home all their belongings. I'm so worried. I don't even own a computer. Remote learning is not an option.
Where are you from Phantom? Is there a possibility the school will send one of their laptops home for remote learning? That's what they did in my area in March for anyone who didn't have success, I have a laptop but was working from home so one came home from the secondary school.

kiddo already did lots of present(crafts) for me and her dad, and she did a colouring in book for a school friend :)
Do you guys know those indoor foldable horizontal bars, first seen them on a japanese shop website, and in action on my instagram(used by japanese kids) and i tinkered around with search terms and found one too xD.Gymnastik Bar Horizontal Fitness Klimmzugstange Reck Turnreck Reckanlage Stange | eBay
so one thing i get since we got total lock down again in Hamburg...even for her birthday she got lots of activity toys xDalso i already got it a while ago is a huge box of LaQ a type of building block
p https://www.laq.co.jp/img/whats_laq/img_feature_02_en.jpg

kiddo already did lots of present(crafts) for me and her dad, and she did a colouring in book for a school friend :)
Do you guys know those indoor foldable horizontal bars, first seen them on a japanese shop website, and in action on my instagram(used by japanese kids) and i tinkered around with search terms and found one too xD.Gymnastik Bar Horizontal Fitness Klimmzugstange Reck Turnreck Reckanlage Stange | eBay
so one thing i get since we got total lock down again in Hamburg...even for her birthday she got lots of activity toys xDalso i already got it a while ago is a huge box of LaQ a type of building block
This looks fantastic, she will love it.

My youngest would love this. We have a large enough garden but indoor space is a no go.
I may get this for her birthday if we don't move x

Do you all have crackers for xmas lunch/dinner? I have been looking at all available in the shops and on amazon and the ones for kids are just mostly filled with rubbish so that I am reluctant. But then again they might miss the lame jokes? Hm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->