General Christmas chat thread!

I do, but haven't bought this year. Last year MIL got us a box after I had bought some, so we said we'd have them at new years and forgot

Where did you usually get yours? I think I might cave and just get the usual ones. At least there is a little excitement and the pop is fun too.
I did find one (without a pop) for our kitty and I am looking forward to giving him the treats inside lol

We have some. I got them in Sainsbury's and they have a little game rather than the usual crap.

You could make your own? I've seen kits about. I may do that next year x

we've got some from Aldi. The prizes are pretty crap but they enjoy pulling them and actually winning something!

I've got some confetti pop crackers but with a snowman design - they have finger puppets inside with a joke and hat.
71Sijnyk94L.jpg

Then bog standard kiddy ones with sticker, joke and hat inside. I was going to buy some with metal gifts - pen, mini cheese grater, bottle opener etc but they'd be boring to the girls.

As an alternative, you can buy unwrapping things like pass the parcel.

Do you all have crackers for xmas lunch/dinner? I have been looking at all available in the shops and on amazon and the ones for kids are just mostly filled with rubbish so that I am reluctant. But then again they might miss the lame jokes? Hm.
I've gone through a range of variations of cracker gifts over the past few years. A while ago everyone liked the ones with little wind up racing santas and penguins, this year weve moved on to the ones with little screw driver sets and mirrors etc, so they may have a life beyond Christmas dinner:xmas14:

Where did you usually get yours? I think I might cave and just get the usual ones. At least there is a little excitement and the pop is fun too.
I did find one (without a pop) for our kitty and I am looking forward to giving him the treats inside lol
Crackers are usually a tkmax thing for me.

I dont have a usual place. Wherever I happen to see them when out at a price I'm willing to pay haha

Thanks all. :)
Smartie the finger puppets sound cool! I will see if I can find some like that. :thumbup:

Well that is that then for Christmas and mingling. As I might have mentioned I am in London and we just moved into tier 4. So SIL and MIL won't be coming to us after all. :( Just as well I haven't bought any extra food yet.

That's so sad about tier 4. Boris really shouldn't have agreed to Christmas going ahead if he was just going to do this at the last minute. I wonder how many people will stick to his new rules though :-k

Well that is that then for Christmas and mingling. As I might have mentioned I am in London and we just moved into tier 4. So SIL and MIL won't be coming to us after all. :( Just as well I haven't bought any extra food yet.
I'm in the South East and so glad we planned to keep to ourselves, not that we usually mix much at Christmas anyway. But I really feel for those who are having to cancel plans or who haven't yet finished shopping

That's so sad about tier 4. Boris really shouldn't have agreed to Christmas going ahead if he was just going to do this at the last minute. I wonder how many people will stick to his new rules though :-k
Yeah I don't think many will. John's family weren't going to stick to the old ones!

If people don't stick to the rules then it is no wonder we need another lockdown I guess. :(

feel sorry for all those in the new tier !! Boris just ruined Xmas for so many !! Those easing of restrictions was a way out for many people suffering with their mental health and lockdown . Going to see family and friends !

There’s no doubt going to be a full national lockdown in Jan because people want to see their families over Xmas !

We only planned to see BIL and Inlaws on Xmas day so we are going ahead with our plans. Many I know are doing what they feel is best for their families not what the rules say . . He shouldn’t have said days ago he wasn’t going to axe them and then do it ! But I know things are changing all the time with covid . I hope this time next year we are all together with family and friends .

I hope no further changes are made to the rules from now until next week .

Well I am no fan of Boris' but I don't think he is to blame. This new strain which is meant to be up to 70% more contagious than the "normal" one sounds scary and it is new :( My MIL had the vaccine but since she lives with her terminally ill son (lung and brain cancer) who has to go to hospital a lot, the risk is just too high, either way.

It's shit to be totally honest with you.

I only mix with my parents at Christmas and now we can't to that.

These sporadic lockdowns don't work as they only close half of things (unlike March when everything shut down,) Being able to browse B&M and Him Bargains during the last lockdown I'm sure contributed to this. I saw so many people shopping with friends etc

I can't see how this will change things, people will still see family and I can't blame them! Mental health issues for many must be at an all time high. I'm normally very good at dealing with things but I'm even feeling so defeated with it all.

Tiers 1/2/3 can only gather on Christmas day, so a huge disappointment all round!

We will plod on and make the most of it regardless XXX

Gutted for you all going into tier 4
We are still tier 3 here but can only mix one day on Christmas, it doesn’t affect me as was only planning to see my mam Christmas Day and she’s in my bubble anyways but sad for those who work Christmas Day and won’t have another chance to see family over Christmas

We were meant to be forming a Christmas bubble with my in laws and can’t do that now as they are tier 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->