General Christmas chat thread!

I think I'm going to get more food in and just eat and drink my way through Christmas !

I'm hoping as the vaccine rolls out to the wider community we will see the end of these lockdowns and tiers etc. They were predicting Easter being some semblance of normal but not sure how that stands now.

That's so heartbreaking :cry::hugs:
Feeling so down :-( the only hope I had of having some sort of Christmas and now it can’t happen. I was going to go and put flowers down on Boxing Day but now I can’t. I know we are safe and stuff and I am grateful of that even if I’m not coming across like that :-(

I think I'm going to get more food in and just eat and drink my way through Christmas !
Totally agree !!

I don’t really like Boris either too !

The new strain does sound scary but they expected mutations along the way so they said I’ve just read it’s more contagious but no more deadly ? I don’t really know anymore but how long can people live like this , their jobs and the economy , kids education . But yes we just have to make the most of every day for now and hope for better times in the next few months !!

Last edited:
Feeling so down :-( the only hope I had of having some sort of Christmas and now it can’t happen. I was going to go and put flowers down on Boxing Day but now I can’t. I know we are safe and stuff and I am grateful of that even if I’m not coming across like that :-(
Sorry your feeling down and your plans are ruined . It’s always an emotional time Xmas thinking about friends and loved ones and now we can’t even see them ( fair enough might be the safest option in some cases )

Sorry @monkee12 missed your post about visiting your dads grave . That’s awful I hope you can go place flowers there soon . Maybe light a candle for him. We do this for my niece .

Sorry your feeling down and your plans are ruined . It’s always an emotional time Xmas thinking about friends and loved ones and now we can’t even see them ( fair enough might be the safest option in some cases )
I’m probably sounding selfish. Sorry I just want this to end and things to be back to normal

I’m probably sounding selfish. Sorry I just want this to end and things to be back to normal
Oh god no !! It’s not selfish at all ! We are all grateful for our friends and family being well and safe but it’s doing the special things at Christmas that we can’t do which is hard .

I’ve for sure struggled this year with it all too and like you cannot wait for it to end ! I am already worrying about the kids return back to school in January !

Monkee I totally understand how you're feeling

Of course I'm grateful we're all healthy and I totally understand how bad this pandemic is but it's really messing with people's lives now in sooo many different ways. I'm not sure how some will recover from this latest blow.

X

I know, the impact is not not just physical. What a year. I really hope Easter still will see us back to some normalcy. Surely a year of this has to be enough!

Monkee that's not at all selfish! We all understand and commiserate :hugs:

Thanks guys, I feel like I only have you guys.

I know I could light a candle but it’s not the same as sitting at his grave and talking to him. I’m sick of this whole year. If it wasn’t for my kids I’d be writing Christmas off and wouldn’t even get out of bed :-(

Lighting a candle sounds like a good alternative until you can get to his grave.
I don't think you sound selfish. It's perfectly acceptable to feel sad about a situation even if you know it's for your own safety. You can appreciate that you've got your health while also being sad that other things aren't how you'd hoped.
The selfish ones are the people not taking any of this seriously. Theres people who have been going about as if nothings going on all these months. Having parties while others are having to miss funerals and postpone weddings. I missed my grandads last few months because of COVID restrictions. He never met my youngest son.

We are going to be feeling the effects of covid for many months / years with suicide , missed treatments for cancers etc.

If I hear one more time covids not real because my mum would have caught it and died then I might lose my shit !!

Covid is real having seen it first hand when DD1 had it ! I’ve never seen a child that red before in my whole life and it was scary and worrying !

I will appreciate the little things more after this thats for sure !

Sorry about your grandad passing @motherofboys and I totally agree those people are selfish in my eyes too ! People not even been able to say goodbye to loved ones breaks my heart ! 2021 will start the same way 2020 ended SHIT!!

Thank you babybump. How scary your daughter had covid. How is she now? I know some people have reported on going symptoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->