General Christmas chat thread!

Thank you babybump. How scary your daughter had covid. How is she now? I know some people have reported on going symptoms?

Oh it was awful that first week! Thankfully after that week she was herself again and we haven’t noticed any on going symptoms with her I am so grateful for that . I prayed to loved ones that have passed to make sure she was ok ! It was so scary ! This is Why I am worried about them going back in Jan after everyone mixing more than usual. One min you can’t catch it again the next you can catch another strain !

Poor kids have only mixed with the kids in school . Everyone else we socially distance from !

I would be concerned too. Dh has a heart condition and I really considered not sending the boys back at all. We ready have one permanently home educated. To be fair their schools have done really well keeping the cases down, but its still a worry. The minute someone coughs I wonder if this is it.

I'm glad she's OK now and no lasting effects. They kept telling us kids couldn't get it, or that they weren't very ill with it, but clearly that's not 100% the case.

I would be concerned too. Dh has a heart condition and I really considered not sending the boys back at all. We ready have one permanently home educated. To be fair their schools have done really well keeping the cases down, but its still a worry. The minute someone coughs I wonder if this is it.

I'm glad she's OK now and no lasting effects. They kept telling us kids couldn't get it, or that they weren't very ill with it, but clearly that's not 100% the case.

My nephew has a heart condition too since birth . He caught Covid in October from school too . He was only going to school and home . He had a awful cough, temp and went off his food too ! Hopefully he won’t have any further damage to his heart . He goes to GOSH next year for a scan.

I am always on high alert now like you for any cough , temp etc . But I also think this time of year other things can cause the same symptoms too which we sometimes forget (I know I do )

He's had a murmur since birth then had one of the valves stop working in 2015, literally 3 months after losing his dad to the same valve failing. Thankfully they picked up on dhs much sooner and were able to operate to repair it. He's had 3 appointments rescheduled this year though which worries me.
Yes, definitely important to remember that. I keep telling myself its just a cold, or even a random cough, you know sometimes you'll just have a little cough for a minute and that'll be it. Its the time of year for it though.

He's had a murmur since birth then had one of the valves stop working in 2015, literally 3 months after losing his dad to the same valve failing. Thankfully they picked up on dhs much sooner and were able to operate to repair it. He's had 3 appointments rescheduled this year though which worries me.
Yes, definitely important to remember that. I keep telling myself its just a cold, or even a random cough, you know sometimes you'll just have a little cough for a minute and that'll be it. Its the time of year for it though.
I woke up yesterday thinking I had a cough, it was only after I'd been awake a while that I realised it was a dream!

Last edited:
Oh wow that must be a worry for all you with his dad and now covid ! I’m glad they spotted your DHs sooner and able to repair some damage! I know all these missed appointments are a worry! Fingers crossed all is ok with him and he will get a new appointment soon !

Oh those random coughs are the devil haha . DD2 started coughing last week and couldn’t stop for about 45 minutes was literally non stop ! Turns out it was the heat from the fire , soon as she left the room she stopped !!

:hugs:
One day at a time Monkee, and if a day is too much at the moment then one hour at a time until you feel more able. Xx

:hugs:
One day at a time Monkee, and if a day is too much at the moment then one hour at a time until you feel more able. Xx
Thanks hun, I had a cry last night and going to try and get a nap in this afternoon if I can as I didn’t sleep much last night x

I hope you manage to get a nap :hugs:
Hoping all goes smoothly with the move

They've just decided today they're forcing a lockdown starting Christmas Eve. What morons. So now the stores will be conpletely overrun.

My area moved to tier 4 which is basically lockdown, at midnight last night. They announced at 4pm and by 5 apparently the shopping centres were packed!

My area moved to tier 4 which is basically lockdown, at midnight last night. They announced at 4pm and by 5 apparently the shopping centres were packed!

Bluewater looked crazy! Glad I haven't had to go out. Just hoping all our veg comes on Wednesday x

I think I'm going with "if it doesn't come we can go without it" I'd rather not have those last few bits than fight in crowds like that.

My area has been lucky enough to stay in T2, but even I am not going any shops now , gets too busy at this time of year never mind covid in the mix now ! DH will go and do a shop in Tesco!

It’s just been made ten times worse by all these late annocuments and changes to restrictions.

Sorry to hear about you all in the UK. Most of my family live in London and Walsall, and have said they can’t see anyone over Christmas.

Here in California our ICU’s are full, so we are on a lockdown again too, will just be hubby, myself and the kids this year (is it bad that I’m not totally upset that we don’t get to see the Inlaws? :-# :lol: 8-[

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->