General Christmas chat thread!

Oh Monkee :( Is there nothing to keep your mind a little distracted / motivated or possibly switch up your medication? Doom days come and go, but you still make it to the next day :flower:

:hugs: I am so sorry. Is there anyone you can talk to? It seems you are going through a really rough patch. I hope it won't be too long!

Oh Monkee :( Is there nothing to keep your mind a little distracted / motivated or possibly switch up your medication? Doom days come and go, but you still make it to the next day :flower:
I’ve been trying to focus on the move but with it all up in the air I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m stuck in a rut, and I’m not sure how to escape from it. I can’t go and see my mum as she lives in Wales and they are on lockdown and I lost my dad 4 years ago. I just feel broken, hubby thinks I need to snap out of it but he doesn’t understand :-(

:hugs: I am so sorry. Is there anyone you can talk to? It seems you are going through a really rough patch. I hope it won't be too long!
Not really, I thought I had people but to be honest no one has really bothered with me since lockdown started in March. I normally just deal with things but because I can’t see an end to COVID I’m struggling with it. I’m usually the happiest person in the run up to Christmas but this year I feel like a robot that’s just doing it because I have too x

I am no mental healt expert but it seems to me that you need more help. Be that a different medication or talk therapy or something different. I know from depressed friends that you cannot "snap out of it" on your own so please try and get more help! Talk to your gp if nothing else!

I’ve been trying to focus on the move but with it all up in the air I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’m stuck in a rut, and I’m not sure how to escape from it. I can’t go and see my mum as she lives in Wales and they are on lockdown and I lost my dad 4 years ago. I just feel broken, hubby thinks I need to snap out of it but he doesn’t understand :-(

Try stay optimistic unless you can expect the worst so you won't be disappointed. Can you video call your mum on fb or whatsapp or anything? Organise a little quiz night in a group call or something so you're not so isolated.
If you have no support at home then you will feel like you're stuck in a turmoil. MH is hard to understand for others, especially if you don't suffer with it yourself. You have your little bubble on here and there's private a sub-forum which you can blow your heart out on without judgement :) x

Thanks guys, sorry to put a downer on the thread. It’s meant to be for Christmas. Il speak with my GP tomorrow and hopefully that will help. I’m going to try and go to bed shortly as I’m shattered but hopefully tomorrow will bring a better day x

You haven't put a downer on it at all!! It can become overwhelming at times for different reasons for us all. Have a good sleep :flower: x

I hope a good night's rest will help toward you feeling better and good luck with your GP. :hugs:

Ebay seller gave me a full refund and allowed me to keep the original lamp :happydance: OH has managed to semi-fix it with the hairdryer too, taking out the main damage, but has now turned it not so spherical :haha:

Ebay seller gave me a full refund and allowed me to keep the original lamp :happydance: OH has managed to semi-fix it with the hairdryer too, taking out the main damage, but has now turned it not so spherical :haha:
Glad you managed to get a refund x

Got the kids Xbox a few weeks ago and paid £250 but it came with free game. Fifa 21. Was just going to give it to the kids but tbh they aren’t that fussed on fifa so I’ve whacked it on Facebook marketplace and sold it for £40.
so all in the Xbox cost £210 result!

Good news about the refund!

Monkee hope you feel better soon and GP helps x

Thanks guys, sorry to put a downer on the thread. It’s meant to be for Christmas. Il speak with my GP tomorrow and hopefully that will help. I’m going to try and go to bed shortly as I’m shattered but hopefully tomorrow will bring a better day x
Not at all !!! I’m glad your talking about it ! Please don’t bottle it up ! We are all here to help and support you !

Not at all !!! I’m glad your talking about it ! Please don’t bottle it up ! We are all here to help and support you !
Thanks Hun, I spoke with the GP today and I managed a little more sleep then I normally get so I’m feeling better then I was, I’m still not Christmassy but I’m sure that will follow once Dec hits x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->