General Christmas chat thread!

Talking of Halloween though, there was a headline that trick or treating will be ok in tier 1 and 2 zones (and oddly enough our area is tier 2 even though we live in London) if no more than 6 kids are on a doorstep in one go. I have talked to the mummy of the twins who live in our street and who are in the same classes as my boys and they are keen to go, so we are going with them again, like last year. No idea if there will be many houses who will do anything but at least it is something fun (hopefully) to do for the kids.

That's great you can still go trick or treating! :)

We can still trick of treat here although it’s been advised against. I’m going to use it as an excuse not to. Bad mama haha!

to be honest I was not too keen either but the boys are begging and last year they loved it more even than Christmas.

We can trick or treat here too, as long as children aren't in more than a group of 6 at the doors. We're not going though, I'm in 2 minds about dressing up for work this year. We completely sold out of decorations but left with a load of costumes so it seems not many are going out and having parties at home instead.

Christmas vibes will come back! Many of us get the blues :)

There are signs in all our local shops from the local police telling people not to trick or treat this year! We are in Kent and have had them up for a couple of weeks.

I think we will do a Halloween treasure hunt in the house with ours :)

We’re not doing Halloween either but I’m not a fan of Halloween anyway

No trick or treating allowed we are in a tier 3 area ! It’s a bummer ! We are going to do our own thing. We have already decorated and done our pumpkins ! . We will leave sweets on the porch if anyone does come along !

I can’t wait to see the back of Halloween and see the shops filled with Xmas stuff !! I am not liking some of the headlines regarding another lockdown at Xmas !!

Think I just need a decent sleep, I only had 3.5 hours last night as my son woke 3 times, hubby seems to not hear him, ended up having an argument with hubby today which hasn’t helped my mood and left me drained. Tomorrow’s another day as they say

Ahhh sorry your feeling low lovely , hang in there tomorrow’s another day , fresh start xx

I hate all this lockdown stuff. Everyone's missed out on so much, especially the kids :(

I'm not really feeling Christmas this year either. We tend to have quiet ones at home and see my family which fingers crossed we can still do.

I'm already fed up of the Halloween decorations and want them put away as my house is chaos right now with decorating and minor building works.

I think my issue this year is because I want to move so we are doing alot of work to get it up to scratch to sell hopefully next year. At the moment this is more important to me than the Christmas preparations.
DH is really looking forward to it so ill have to find my mojo soon. I'm sure once we get the hall sorted and house back in order I'll find my Christmas spirit!

Hugs everyone x

Think I just need a decent sleep, I only had 3.5 hours last night as my son woke 3 times, hubby seems to not hear him, ended up having an argument with hubby today which hasn’t helped my mood and left me drained. Tomorrow’s another day as they say

I hope that you get a good sleep tonight and tomorrow is a better day :hugs:

Oh with trick or treating from what I can see is people are decorating and hanging bags of sweets outside. We're not going to be here anyway do my two know we aren't going. We went to a farm today so they got to do a little trick or treating.

Sounds like you may be going through a depression. If the bleurghs persist, please don't suffer in silence and by yourself. Go and see your GP and get help. I hope you will feel better soon. :hugs:

I'm struggling to get into the Christmas spirit this year :cry: All my favourite autumn activities are cancelled. Nottingham has gone into a strict tier 3.

Buuut I've made a start on shopping. We'll get there :xmas23:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->