Geritol and Pregnancy

Walmart does have it. But it isn't is in the multivitamin/prenatal vitamins. Not The individual ones. I looked everywhere and walmart is cheapest.

Hello everyone...I'm new here but i have been stalking this thread and finally decided to join. I was diagnosed with PCOS in April but DH and i have been ttc for about 2 years now. A coworker of mine has also been ttc and we were talking about what all we were doing. She suggested Geritol. She said she tried to take it but she couldn't because the taste was so nasty. My sister has been telling me to take Geritol since I told her we were ttc. For some reason the other day I stumbled across something that had something about Geritol and I remembered that she gave my husband a bottle of pills to try when he was saying he was kinda low on energy a few months back. Well that also just happened to be the first day of my cycle so i said wth...it's worth a try. I started taking the pills and in the meantime i ordered some of the tonic. I have been taking the pills for the past 4 days and i began taking the tonic today since people say the tonic is better. Well that stuff is really nasty but i'll keep you posted on the outcome.

I am officially on the Geritol train with all you lovely ladies after reading this thread! On my list to pick up this afteroon: Geritol tonic and baby aspirin. Considering soy isoflavones, but after reading about it on the Walgreens site, it indicated it was for menopause? What makes it helpful for TTC?

Interesting and brief article on Geritol and how it "helps" with fertility:

https://www.ehow.com/how-does_4567275_geritol-aid-pregnancy_.html

Can't wait to see how many more BFPs we get from this...and congrats to those who have gotten theirs!

NEVER take a supplement like soy without doctors permission, if youre ovulating regularly it can really flub up your cycles. The only reasons to use soy is if you know for 100% sure fact you either dont ovulate at all some cycles or ovulate VERY late... otherwise it can make you ovulate earlier, as well as have early periods. Many women spot on soy... it just messes with your hormones, essentially youre increasing your estrogen and therefore taking the chances of decreased progesterone if you do catch the egg.... Its great to research options, but its really important to know all the side effects and facts about a drug.

also Have you been to you doctor about trying to conceive? as you are approaching 1 year trying unsuccesfully they might RECOMMEND something good for you if Geritol doesn't help regulate you like it does for some women... But remember all Geritol is essentially is a high potency multivitamin. Its not something that will flubb with your hormones like Soy can.

I will be starting geritol when AF arrives. She is supposed to show her face tomorrow. Maybe I will get lucky and she won't show, but haven't had any kind of symptoms.

Scarlet, thanks for the info, I certainly appreciate it. We were more NTNP until maybe February/March, so this TTC stuff is still sort of new to me. I see so many different postings about herbs, supplements, etc., and I try to research as much as I can...I had a list of things yeserday, a column for "try this" and a column for "no way in heck" lol!

My annual exam is next month, so I'll be talking with my OB/GYN about my irregularity. I think it's just the BCP, she said it could take up to a year for regular cycles to come back. So I'm trying to take it easy and not stress too much about it.

still no bfp for me, switching over to tonic this month and starting INSANITY workouts and eating ALOT healthier lol...we'll see about this month :) fx'd

the tonic is HORRIBLE but i just chase a protein shake after and it gets rid of that taste immediately...and I know someone asked about the metallic taste from the Geritol and I have it too everday now usually at night I have that metallic taste :( agghhh!!!

I started Geritol yesterday (CD5). Im taking that along with a handful of other supplements lol I'm hoping there is a baby in my bottle! I had a MC at the end of June at about 5 weeks. But I've heard that you're more fertile in the 3 months following a MC, as your body is primed for pregnancy. So I'm hoping we'll get a :bfp: by my birthday in October. GL to everyone and congrats and :dust: on the already BFPs

how do you know your taking the right kind of Geritol? im taking the pill form...im taking Geritol Complete is that the right one?

how do you know your taking the right kind of Geritol? im taking the pill form...im taking Geritol Complete is that the right one?

Some women swear by one or the other, but honestly..I've read tons of success stories with both! I'm using the tonic, tastes like crap, but chase with robitussin and you don't really notice haha

Some women swear by one or the other, but honestly..I've read tons of success stories with both! I'm using the tonic, tastes like crap, but chase with robitussin and you don't really notice haha

lol ive heard about robutussin but not much.. how lkong you been trying it?

This will be my second cycle. I tried it a few months back with no luck. I also ended up taking it in June for a cold, got my :bfp: that cycle, ended in MC but still BFP!
It thins your CM making it more hospitable for sperm

Hi Powell,

This is my first Cycle taking the Geritol complete. Im taking the liquid form. When do you suggest taking it?

Thanking you in advance.

TTC 11 months.. *sigh*

Well I started geritol yesterday. I am doing the pill form. Here is to hoping there is a baby in my bottle!

Hi Powell,

This is my first Cycle taking the Geritol complete. Im taking the liquid form. When do you suggest taking it?

Thanking you in advance.

TTC 11 months.. *sigh*

I'm taking the liquid form as well. I'm taking it in the middle of the day with a snack. Some people say they have to take it on a full stomach because it makes them a little queasy, I don't have that problem, I can stomach the vitamins and supplements on a empty stomach. It's important to take it around the same time every day.

We've been TTC for about 2 years :dohh:

no baby in my bottle :wacko: AF came yesterday ....dont know if i can stoamch another cycle of geritol...

Yeah, i'm not sure i can stomach it either...it's gross! i might have to switch to the pill form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->