Hi! I'm new(ish). Here's me... TTC #2. :)

Sometimes I find it hurts a little in certain positions at different times in my cycle, like if my cervix is low or if I'm too dry. Try switching positions, and remember foreplay is your friend. It helps get that area lubricated and more.. Open I guess

An opk mrsmck..?! Surely it must have it wrong! Well at least you hear back from the doc in the morning. New appliances, eh? Fancy. :)

Sorry af got you bluebearmummy! :( It will be your turn soon and he/she will be worth the wait! :)

Ladies, I know we're not shy so can I ask you... does anyone else find that dtd sometimes hurts? Before ds arrived, dtd felt fine - no problems, sometimes a bit sensitive straight after af but normally fine. Now ever since ds has been born, everything feels really tight and sometimes dtd hurts (which is surprising as i had a section), especially first time after af. We hadn't dtd very often between birth of ds and ttc #2, which i know hasn't helped. Last cycle i found it eased a lot as we got into the flow of regular bd using a lubricant. I know it doesn't help that the romance isn't there always when ttc but i thought i'd turned a corner with it last cycle but we dtd tonight and it hurt again. In fact, it's made me quite teary tonight thinking it's always going to feel like this now after af - makes me nervous to start. :(

I had a c-section too with my son about 23 months ago (sorry but I'm really tied: how long ago did you have your c-section)?

I got to agree with MrsMcK14 with foreplay is your friend and lube.
I also get this, it wasn't as pronounced before I had Bear, but I think with the 6 weeks of no dancing plus another 2 because of a returned af (so we didn't dance until 8 weeks pp) the problem got noticable worse. Then with having a child in the house, me being on implanon and my husband with undiagnosed problem (sleep aponia coupled with probably depression or insomania) We just didn't do it much. Sometimes it would be 3 weeks between dances (even though my AF completely had stopped coming).
The problem is the muscles in the vagina get a bit to proficient at being tight (I noticed if I do a lot of kegels the problem is worse).
What my husband I do is during foreplay he lubes up his fingers and uses them first to lightly stretch out the muscles to minimalise the pain.
Sorry if tmi

Came in here to check on MrsMck and I see it's been a busy day on the thread.

Bluebear, I *know how frustrating it can be and I'm sorry about your BFN but don't give up just yet. This things happen just when we think there's no chance.

Why not go back to your obgyn to see if you can get more help and who knows what will happen in the meantime.

MrsMck, I still have my fingers crossed for you, hoping you bring us good news tomorrow. I don't understand why ovukine is asking you to take an opk so I'll just ignore it if I were you.*

Congrats on the new apartment, its such a nice feeling when you move houses and everything is shiny and new.

Janine, good that you managed to fit in one more BD. I find the tww to be so nerve wracking and the time just drags. It also doesn't help that I take everything I feel around that time to be a pregnancy symptom.*

You can test about 3 or 4 days before AF depending on your luteal phase and the sensitivity of the test.

Us poas addicts start testing anything from 6dpo till AF arrives, thanks to internet cheapies.

Welcome Bearfamily, shame dh is away, same happened to me our 1st month ttc. Hope your dh's swimmers stay active long enough.*

Kealz, I'm also on CD 7, heard about the SMEP but never really paid much attention to it. Might look it up if I have the time.

That is a lot of BD you've got planned there. Looks like a good plan if you can manage it. I'm sure I can't cos I get sore easily, even with lubes.

I also had a section with ds but I've always been quick to get sore, and it doesn't help that there isn't much time for foreplay. I sometimes miss our sex life pre ds but we make up for it whenever we can.

Mannymoo, thanks for your post about low progesterone, I've also not been having the usual pre ovulation symptoms now that I think of it. I never really paid attention to it till the past 2 months and I haven't had ewcm which I used to have a lot of before ovulation and a few other symptoms. (Sorry for tmi)

Does anyone know if this is common after having a child, just wondering if it's something I need to be concerned about.

pls let us know how you get on at the Dr's tomorrow.

We're trying for a girl so according to some theories this is probably a good thing that he's away LOL.

BearFamily, I'm so glad you got off the implanon implant quickly! I had it and it actually caused me to have a heart arrhythmia! I can't be on BC at all anymore because of that!

CD15 here, think I O'd yesterday or the day before (stupid line OPKs I don't know how to read them! Never needed them before!) BD'd almost every day since AF (what can I say, we're newly weds!). We're TTC #2 (for me, #1 for him) as well! It sounds like you should be good though. And trust me, you're not the only one who over analyzes lol

OMGosh!!!! I got married on Tuesday 8th April this year :D Congratulations on your wedding. So exciting to find someone else that got married so close to me :happydance:

Oh how cool! I haven't met anyone who got married so close to me!!

Oh Bluebearmummy :( HUGS! Don't give up love. I know it's frustrating but it will happen for you! Have you and hubs discussed any alternative methods of conception? are you on any natural fertility treatments? (ie red raspberry leaf tea, maca, black cohosh etc?)

Thank you it's just so disheartening I was in tears last night an I. Try to nit get. Myself worked up about it as. I know that doesn't help but it's so hard!

Not contraception no! But we have been given clomid to try for 3 months this was our 2nd month, so one left! But no not any natural ones! Do you recommend any for particular times of cycle please? X x x

Hi Ladies - wow, lots to catch up on!

MrsMck desperate to hear your results!! Hoping AF has still not shown up. Please let us know what happens. And congrats on the new apartment. I know what you mean about not being able to be on BC. I am a (relatively) normal person but when I have taken BC in the past, i have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks. I don't know what it is but something in BC makes me a little bit unstable.

BlueBear, Im so so sorry that AF got you. I really wanted you to get a BFP this cycle. Maybe its 3rd time lucky with the clomid. Please stick around with us on this thread so that we can all root for you next cycle. Big hugs to you.

Janine - yay for 2WW!!! I am right here with you. FF says I am now 5DPO but I think I am 3 or 4. Best thing to do is to wait for AF to be late before testing but for those of us that are too impatient, we will start testing much earlier. Frers are able to pick up a BFP up to 5 days before AF is due. I will try wait as long as I can but will no doubt test before AF is due.

Kealz - I never ended up going to the DR. I consulted with my friend Google and decided that I may be overreacting with one day of low temps. I temped again this morning and my temps were back up and FF has once again plotted OV. I am still thinking of going for a prog test but might wait till next cycle. RE pain during BDing, I can totally relate. Yowzers - when we started did again after DS was born, I thought I was going to die! (I had natural with an episiotomy) It has slowly been getting better but I do find that sometimes it still gets really painful. It also gets me down from time to time. I definitely find it helps when Im more relaxed but unfortunately sometimes there just isn't time to relax. Poor DH - not very romantic with your trying to DTD and your Mrs is going owwweeeee!

Bearfamily - fingers crossed that those swimmers are able to survive for a while. Do you use pressed? Ive heard it helps them to live longer. We want a girl too but Im not too fussed either way. I like the idea or having little brothers too.

Crysttal - yay for having another POAS addict. Good luck with the BDing.

So glad its Friday. Today can't go fast enough. Just want to be home now and starting my weekend! What is everyone up to?

Thanks for all your advice ladies! It makes me feel a lot better knowing i'm not the only one - not that i'd wish anyone to feel the same!

Mrsmck - I think part of the problem last night was because it was right after af and wouldn't normally be so soon so cervix was probably low/dry like you say.

Bearfamily - ds is nearly 20 months old so section was a while ago but we too are guilty of just not dtd enough. I think we should have got back to earlier and more regular to keep the muscles stretched like you suggest.

Crysttal - after last night, I think my schedule for be might be a bit ambitious. :-/ I agree about past sex life - i miss it too sometimes. Obviously i'd rather have DS, but it was so easy before, i find that it's not often we do it for fun these days. Btw - i don't have much cm/ewcm either since DS so maybe it's more normal than you think..? I do use preseed when dtd, which does help!

Mannymoo - good old google, eh? Glad your temps are up again so you're back on track. :)
Soreness gets me down too and i think being able to relax would definitely help although it's hard, like you say. Especially as DS's bedroom is next to ours and we have a squeaky bed, lol.

I'm hoping it was just a mixture of tiredness/close after af/no 'warming up' that made it feel so bad last night and it won't be the same tomorrow. I think we just wanted to get it done last night so we could go to bed - can't say i'm not glad to have tonight off! Perhaps tomorrow we'll start early to take our time, and bring the duvet (and the lube!) downstairs, maybe even candles, try and get some romance back into it! :)

Well ladies I'm officially out this month. AF finally made her appearance today :'( trying hard not to cry. Just gonna try to get through the next two days of work then focus on moving for the next two days.

And of course, now that I've checked Ovuline, it says that I O'd on the 9th, not the 4th, which was the last time DH and I dtd until here recently. GRRR! Dirty word dirty word dirty word. Oh well, we're gonna start dtd every other day starting CD 8 this cycle, and I'm gonna go get a thermometer some time this week. Also gonna order some OPKs this week so they're here by the time it's time to start using them.

Awww so sorry MrsMck. We were all hoping for a bfp for you. But keep a PMA and tell yourself that today, your are 1 day pregnant. This WILL be a good month for all of us!! Hope the move goes alright. xxx

Well ladies I'm officially out this month. AF finally made her appearance today :'( trying hard not to cry. Just gonna try to get through the next two days of work then focus on moving for the next two days.

:hugs::hugs: hugs MrsMck, it's totally understandable you feel sad, especially after raised hopes with AF being late and all.

So it seems there's a change in your cycle length, it's a good idea to get on it with opks and temping if you can manage both (I've just never gotten the hang of them), that way you'll have a fairly accurate idea of when you ovulate.

The temping I can do, just gotta get a thermometer. We still have the some of the preseed left, so obviously we'll be using that. And I'm gonna try the OPKs, though I still don't quite understand how to ready them.

Thanks ladies... I have to be at work in less than an hour, and all I really wanna do is call in. Ugh :(

I knew I should have called in this morning. Ended up having to anyway. Car broke down at a red light on the way there. Is now parked in a parking lot with a note while I wait for a mechanic friend to get off work. Thank god for the "angel" Chris who stopped and helped me get out of the left hand lane and onto the side of a side road, and also diagnosed my car. And thank god I had to be at work 2 hours before DH and roommate, cause they were able to come get me and bring me home.

I knew I should have called in this morning. Ended up having to anyway. Car broke down at a red light on the way there. Is now parked in a parking lot with a note while I wait for a mechanic friend to get off work. Thank god for the "angel" Chris who stopped and helped me get out of the left hand lane and onto the side of a side road, and also diagnosed my car. And thank god I had to be at work 2 hours before DH and roommate, cause they were able to come get me and bring me home.

:hugs: When things like that happen around me (either someone just happens to be where I need them or I turn out to be the person needed right then) I think some kind being is helping us along (haven't worked out my faith yet)

I think you need a good foot massage (or equivilant nice thing) :flower:

Ack. I'm so sorry about the car and AF coming. That stupid :witch:.

Hoping your day gets better and that this will be your month! :)

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->