Hi! I'm new(ish). Here's me... TTC #2. :)

Is anyone else trying to cut down on caffeine? I bought myself some decaf tea bags the other day - not bad although i'm sure i'm just drinking sugary water now, lol. Went out tonight and wasn't drinking so was offered a coke, I accepted to be polite. Was just sipping and ended up drinking about a cans worth, now i'm lying in bed (night time in uk) feeling like I shouldn't have - does that sound crazy? :-/

...Edited to note the presence of 3 of my posts here, too much caffeine?! :D

Ugh!! The "package" that I got today wasn't my tests :( It was a second modem from the cable company o_O.... Not really sure why they sent me a second one, but I'll be taking it up to the store tomorrow after work. Oh well... My tests *should* be here tomorrow. They were processed at the facility here in Jacksonville this afternoon.

I've been trying to cut back on caffeine, too, Kealz. I'm down to 1-2 cups of coffee and a glass or two of sweet tea at night, but water through the rest of the day. I think I should cut out a glass of tea as well. My PCP has already told me that a cup or two of coffee a day is fine for me, to help me prevent migraines even while pregnant. I get *really* bad migraines that usually require medication to prevent as well as narcotics to kill break through headaches. *Obviously* those medications aren't safe for TTC or while pregnant, so coffee is the lesser of two evils haha.

Is anyone else trying to cut down on caffeine? I bought myself some decaf tea bags the other day - not bad although i'm sure i'm just drinking sugary water now, lol. Went out tonight and wasn't drinking so was offered a coke, I accepted to be polite. Was just sipping and ended up drinking about a cans worth, now i'm lying in bed (night time in uk) feeling like I shouldn't have - does that sound crazy? :-/

...Edited to note the presence of 3 of my posts here, too much caffeine?! :D

Both me an OH have cut out/down caffeine he still has odd cups of tea in work (he's a roofer not everyone has herbals like me in the house to offer) I drink green tea now and he does at home! An he's now coffee free haha x x x

Hi All - happy friday! Can't wait for this weekend to start although DH is away tonight and only back late tomorrow so looks like I will be running after DS until then!

Kealz - caffeine is a HUGE problem in my life. Im a big coffee drinker - can't start my day without a cuppa. I hadn't started cutting back yet because I really feel I need it with DS not sleeping that well. Just had a decaf and wondering how long Im going to last at my desk…. What is probably going to kill me more is no wine. I do enjoy a glass in the evenings. Oh well, it has to be done. I see FF has now plotted you OV. YAY for 2WW. Have you thought about when you are going to test? Did you ever get a pos opk?

MrsMck sorry about the package not arriving. I definitely think you should buy some cheap opks to see you through until it arrives. Has the BDing started yet? We do get CB digitals here but I have heard that there sensitivity is not the best so I was waiting a few more days before using it. Might try it tomorrow.

BearFamily - I wish I could send you one of my thermometers. I just found a third one in a drawer. Don't know where they all came from! My post-OV temps normally peak at 37 degrees but I remember other ladies had much lower temps and still ov'ed. I guess it depends on what your temps start at. I think the most important thing is that they just stay above your cover line for that period.

Hope everyone else is well? What is everyone up to this weekend?

FMS I POAS again today and the line looks a bit darker. It was a pink dye tests I feel a lot better about it too. AF only due on Sunday or Monday so Im definitely not letting myself get too excited just yet. Going to try get a script for progesterone today (I've had to take it for all past pregnancies) and will go for blood tests on Monday probably. Just want AF to be late first. Here is todays test. Its not a very clear picture but at least you can see the line without having to squint or convert it to black and white :)

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 8
Happy friday too!

It certainly is a happy friday, mannymoo! A line is a line! I know you want to wait until af is late before getting excited, i'd be the same but dare i say congratulations! :D x
I never got a +opk so I think they officially don't work for me, nevermind, i've gotten to know my body quite well recently so i'm happy that I know when about that I ovulate. Hadn't thought about a good day for testing yet... I think i'm worried about working myself up to that day so for the time being i'm happy in my calmness, lol.

Mrsmck - humph, no opks?! I agree with mannymoo and get some cheapies in the house ready, just in case - am I right in thinking you start with them tomorrow?

Bluebearmummy - my dh is pinching my decaf teabags and I tell him to keep his paws off! :) I've heard a bit of caffeine is good for the spermies - keeps them alert apparently, lol!

This weekend we're seeing family and relaxing although I might need to find some time to do some work.

Hi everyone were good this end! Hope everyone is good and looking forward to the weekend?? We're off to stay with my sister for the weekend and to take our little boy to a new theme park thats just opened here! Excited!! But means no bding as little man will be in our room so will have to get back to it Sunday when back :) hopefully not due to ov until wed/thurs so should be fine! Unless all the cramps I was feeling few days as was very early of at 5/6dpo then we've missed our chance as only bd once then so hoping not :-( my body is like clockwork normally so hoping it was just the clomid making twinges x x x

Congrats mannymoo! Exciting times :happydance:x x x

Kealz : haha does he oh get him on board lol! I know we didn't do any of this "trying" when we trying for our little boy it's so frustrating but I'm willing to try anything at the mo x x x

:hugs: to all

Oh my gosh mannymoo! That line is definitely there! No line eye here :) I'm so stinking happy for you!

Bluebearmummy, enjoy your trip and don't worry. I'm sure the cramping was something other than a super early O.

Kealz, being calm is a good thing. We've all heard that horrible saying "if you stress over it it won't happen". Of course that's easier said than done and your doing far better with the not stressing it than I am lol

AFM the opk's are due to be here today by the time I get home. I'm on cd8 now, so testing doesn't start til Sunday going by the smep. Gonna start bding tonight ;) temp is back up a little, so I think the dip had to do with cold morning butt and being half sleep when I took it lol

Mrsmck - I'd got you on the wrong day, sorry, thought you were cd9 today. Hopefully you'll feel more settled once your package is here and everything is up and running. Have fun getting bd started - go get him tiger. :D

Bluebearmummy - have a lovely time away, taking ds to the theme park sounds great fun - enjoy! It sounds like you will be back before you O so don't worry. :)

Right, ds is down for a nap so going to try getting some of this work and get it out of the way before the weekend. :)

Have fun working kealz. I know Sunday night is going to be fun. Dh is off work Monday and I'm going to have to stay up late late Sunday night cause I don't go into work til 3p Monday and stay til 10:30! It fits in with the every other day plan though soooo.... ;)

And thanks for making me snort at work..

Right this month I'm thinking of trying the pineapple trick, but heard a lot of mixed reviews on it some positive but some negative like cause of mc etc only I want to be sure it's safe before I give it a go? Anyone? TIA x x

Lol mrsmck, sorry! :D

Hmm, pineapple. I asked our good friend google and all the info seems to say there is evidence it can be helpful between O and implantation, because it promotes a healthy womb lining, but then not advised thereafter. It's worth a try! If I was doing it, I would perhaps do it for say the week following O (ie. til 7dpo) and then stop just in case i implanted early. Apparently the juice won't do, it's got to be about a fifth of a pineapple a day..? Interesting stuff, you going to try it bluebear? :)

Ohhh I might have to try that this month! I happen to love pineapple, so I wouldn't complain about "having" to eat it for 7 days ;)

My tests got here today! They are now in the bathroom waiting to be used (and to help curb my POAS addiction, I went ahead and took an O test. Negative of course LOL) Gonna be taking a shower soon and getting all the shaving and stuff done. DH gets off work at 10 tonight and he's already fully aware that I'm getting some tonight LOL.

Lol, mrsmck - glad i'm not the only one who lets things go during af! :D Hope your plan got under way and yay for opks!

Didn't quite stick to our plan religiously as didn't do the one extra bd after O like smep suggests, you know the miss a day then one extra time one? Would have been last night We were shattered and needed a break! :-/ Do you think that's ok?

I think you'll be fine love. And yay for seeing crosshairs on your chart!

Bding happened last night :) Do you ladies shave down there? I hate having hair there especially when it's hot and muggy and during AF. Felt so good to shave last night!

Thanks hun. :)
Lol, I do like to keep things neat and tidy but I don't shave it all off. I tried it once but I find it too itchy when it re-grows! :-/ So I shave the edges and leave a strip in the middle: border control! :)

Omg kealz you do have a talent for making me choke on my drink

Hi all,*

Congratulations mannymoo :happydance: it's so good to come in here to good news. That's definitely a line.

Mrsmck, hope you're settling in fine in the new house.

Bluebear, I know of 2 people that swear by pineapple, but then who knows if that was what worked for them. I'm sure I've responded saying same to a similar question on this ttc forum.

I''ll ask one of the girls how she used it and get back to you. It wont hurt to be armed with information from someone that has tried it if you're going to give it a go.

Kealz, it's the tee for you hey, same with me but I'm not sure I have a good chance cos OH was away for 2 days in the middle of my cycle and I've also been under the weather, so I'll be living the tee through you and hoping mannymoo's luck rubs off on us all.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Lol @ kealz, I do a clean shave but its itchy the first two days, particularly when I get on dh (tmi) and his pube hair (TTMI) rubs on it. :blush:

Sorry again, mrsmck! :D

Lol, crysttal - I know what you mean!! ;)

Mannymoo - any news hun? We've got everything x'd that your line is getting darker. :)

Anyone else feel like they fudge their temps a bit? I mean if I take a temp and i'm not happy with it, i'll take a couple more and use the best of 3. :-/ I don't know if that's ok..?

I think you'll be fine love. And yay for seeing crosshairs on your chart!

Bding happened last night :) Do you ladies shave down there? I hate having hair there especially when it's hot and muggy and during AF. Felt so good to shave last night!

I wax all the way up to my belly button both front and back. Definitely agree it feels better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->