Hi! I'm new(ish). Here's me... TTC #2. :)

Lol, when does everyone plan to tell..? :)

With ds, we waited before 12wk scan before telling anyone at all. This time, i'm considering telling two very close friends early as they knew we were trying, 1 in particular has been really supportive and the other we're going on holiday with next month, and kind of feel like I owe it to them.

I told my one of my close friends immediately after I posted my bfp here and telling lo he was going to be a big brother, you know when you're still buzzing with the excitement and just want to tell the world.. She's currently pregnant and it took her a while to conceive, she had always said it would be nice for us to be bump buddies so it was kinda special sharing with her. I've been bursting to tell a few more people but I think I'll just wait till the 2nd tri.
We never did fb pregnancy announcement with Lo, considering what we had gone through in previous pregnancies.

I'm on hospital admission right now for a crisis. I've always mentioned here that I havea blood disorder. It's sickle cell, a genetic condition of the blood and an episode is called a crisis, it usually presents with severe pains in the major joints of the body.

I came into the A&E at 6am with severe pains, I've been pumped with morphine and I feel much more comfortable now. I had the same crisis with Lo's pregnancy at 8 weeks, and I'm 8 wks with this pregnancy too so seems like a pattern.

Poor you crysttal. Sounds horrible and painful. Glad you are being looked after. Let's hope it passes soon. Sending hugs. Xx

Wow just been reading about your condition and it sounds very painful. You are very brave!! Do you have these crisis often? Sending you lots of strength to get through this difficult time. Xx

Oh no, poor you crysttal - that sounds awful for you! :( Hope you pick up soon hun and big hugs coming from this way too! Get well soon. xxxx

Wow just been reading about your condition and it sounds very painful. You are very brave!! Do you have these crisis often? Sending you lots of strength to get through this difficult time. Xx

Thank you Mannymoo. I used to have it a lot growing up, but as I got older I learnt to know my limits, respect my body and avoid the triggers as much as I can. Although you can not always prevent all the time.

I have lots of "mini crisis" where I can quickly attack it with pains killers and keep it from escalating to a major crisis which is what I have right now. It's a case of me knowing my body and knowing what strength of pain killer to use when the symptoms presents. It's harder to keep on top of it in pregnancy cos I obviously cant take some drugs right now.

I have good Drs and my consultant is fantastic.

Lo came in with dh to see me today, I had on an oxygen mask and I think he was scared and confused. His reaction to me was bad, he wanted me to hold him which I did but he was also frightened by the mask I had on, so he had a huge meltdown, dh had to take him out of the ward to console him but I could still hear him crying, so I had the nurse remove the mask and Iv lines so I could go out to console him.
He eventually settled for me and he had fun playing with the bed adjustment control inthe ward.

It's his first time seeing me this way and it was quite difficult for both of us. I'm thinking of asking dh not to come with him anymore, I don't think I want a repeat of what happened today or what do you ladies think? I usually have to come in for a severe crisis once in 18months.

Kealz, thanks for your kind words. I really do appreciate you ladies.

That must have been heart breaking for you both :( It's a tricky one, because on one hand you want to protect him from it and on the other hand you don't want the separation to cause anxiety for him. And, of course, you would miss him too. :( I'm trying to decide what I would do... how long are you normally in hospital for when you have a crisis? xxx

The minimum is 2 nights and the longest I've been in in my adult life is 8 nights. I asked dh not to bring him in today, the weather is nice so he'll be taking him out in his trike to keep him distracted and happy. I feel a lot better now so I'm hoping I'll be home tomorrow.

Glad you're feeling better crysttal. Really hope you get to go home tomorrow and be with your family. X

I think you made the right decision today hun based on what you've said. It's hard for them to understand, and you to explain, when they're little. Perhaps when he's that bit older he will be desensitised to the hospital environment and know you're being taken care of properly.

I'm really glad to hear you're feeling brighter now and hope you get to go home tomorrow!! :) x

Crysttal do you get to go home today?

What has happened to everyone else? BlueBear have you tested? MrsMck what has happened to you? Looks like you are officially in TWW now? BearFam how is the move going? Kealz how are you feeling? How are all the other preggy ladies doing? Anyone feeling sick?

FMS - I go through such stages. For a few days I will be totally fine and then it all hits me again. Very different to my last pregnancy and hoping that means it is a pink bump but not that fussed. I've got my next scan on Friday. yay!

Hi mannymoo, and all other ladies!

I too am wondering what has happened to mrsmck and bearfamily - hope you girls are ok, would love to know how you're doing.

Mannymoo - those sound like some strong hormones you got. :) Yay for Friday's scan! Are you going to find out the sex when you can..? :)

Crysttal - I hope you feeling better and you're back home with your family! x

Afm - I feel like I've ballooned! I'm feeling lots of twinges and aches in my tummy area so assume the muscles are stretching... it's starting to feel more solid too if that makes sense. I have heard that it's normal to show earlier with a second baby as the muscles are weaker..? At the moment, I do just look like I've had a big dinner but I'm only 4wks and at this rate, it's going to be hard to keep a secret for long! BBs feel fuller and firmer too - but i'm not complaining there! ;) Got lots of cm (sorry) which i remember having all the way through last pregnancy so i'm taking that as a good sign. No ms at the moment but didn't have much with ds. Told one my bf's today - she got it out of me - not that she had to try that hard!! :D

Hello Ladies,

Glad everyone seems to be doing well.. Crysttal I really hope your feeling better and you can go home soon..

Sorry to keep this so short, but I am really not feeling well lately.... I have had nausea for about 2 weeks now, but the last few days have been pretty bad. If I stay on top of my eating I feel better, but nothing I have that is easy to get to sounds good and things I need to make I just don't have the energy. I really hope I start to feel better soon.... :(

Oh no, mom2chloe - really hope you start to feel better soon hun. I know what you mean when sometimes you just want something quick because you're tired but microwave meal in the fridge doesn't look that appetising/nutritious and it feels like an effort to make a 'proper' meal. This is most nights in our house! Lol.

Sounds like my house too. Thank goodness for the shop down the road that sells nice fresh soup. If it weren't for them, we would probably starve!! Hope u feel better soon mom2chloe. X

Hello ladies,

Just a quick update. I got home last night but I'm still very weak. DH has been on top of things and I'm grateful for that.

Thank you all for your support the past few days. I really appreciate it.
I got to see my little bun with a lovely heart beat flickering away on the screen but I have no picture to share.

I'll be back once I'm fully recuperated.

Hi ladies

Crysttal - I hope you're feeling stronger and you're on the mend. xxx

Mom2chloe - Are your symptoms easing off a bit now? Hopefully they will as you approach 2nd tri. :)

Mannymoo - Good luck for your scan tomorrow, bet you're really looking forward to it! :)

Afm - I'm shattered, I was so tired last night that I didn't have the energy to moan about how tired I was, lol! :) Still, i'm not complaining if it's a sign the hormones are strong. :D Just called docs and got an appt for Tues morning - yay! Having an appt feels like i'm starting the journey. :)

Morning ladies

How is everyone?!

Crysttal and mom2chloe - I hope you're both feeling more normal now. x

Mannymoo - how did you scan go on Friday? Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Afm - I am huge and hungry. :) It's getting harder to 'suck it in' when i'm out and about. We might have to tell some people earlier than we planned because it's going to be too obvious!

Thanks kealz. Scan was good. Baby measuring perfect. Doc has put me on progesterone for a few weeks as he could see lose fluidby cervix entrance but said it was nothing to worry about. Got some pics but they are not too clear. Will try load one tomorrow at work. Also got a long lecture about downs and testing options as I am now over 36 and fall into the high risk category. Apparently if your chance of downs is strong they just do a maternal blood screen and can tell you if baby has downs - no more amnios anymore. Anyway, we hope all will be fine and we won't have to even think about additional testing!

Kealz I'm sure it's just bloat. Mine seems to have subsided in the last few weeks and tummy isn't as pronounced. Hopefully yours will ease soon too. We haven't told anyone except for our immediate families. I'm going to try wait for my nt scan which is in 2 1/2 weeks.

Wondering how all the other ladies are? MrsMck what has happened to you??

11 weeks today. So one more week to go until I can tell people. I have it all planned. Matthew is going to wear a t-shirt and I will take a picture of it.
I need to call doctor this week to schedule in my first proper appointment which involves get bloods taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->