• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Honey&Cinnamon babies in the making!!!

Hi GreenOrchid!! Welcome to the group!

:wave: hi GreenOrchid and welcome!!!

Well girls... curtains all done, honey and cinnamon taken and asparagus with chicken tonight to up my folic acid!!!! looking forward to the weekend passing as it will be another two days closer to testing lol! Only us ttc girls would understand wanting even a weekend to pass quickly lol!:haha:

Sounds good wannabeam. Asparagus is so yummy. I just finished eating noodles with loads of spinach to up my folic acid for the day as well.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to spinach!!!! I intend on a having a baby spinach salad tomorrow! Been browsing tonight and don't see much positivity being posted on some of the ttc & tww forums.... feel like it gets like this once a month and I end up not wanting to read hardly any threads.... so I'm glad to be a part of this one. Stay positive girls!:flower:

GreenOrchid... we have been ttc a similar length of time.... this will be our 7th monthtoo.... statistically thinking we must be close to our BFPs by now.... the more months pass the better the maths right? This is what I keep saying to my hubby anyway... I was sure when we started ttc I would be preggo by now, but now I see how important timing is and knowing when your fertile window is I am sure that we just have missed the boat each time. I'm also gratefull for all this time in a way as I have had time to get healthy diet wise and make my body super ready for ttc.... and don't they say that having thanks is always a good thing when you want something. :winkwink:

GreenOrchid... we have been ttc a similar length of time.... this will be our 7th monthtoo.... statistically thinking we must be close to our BFPs by now.... the more months pass the better the maths right? This is what I keep saying to my hubby anyway... I was sure when we started ttc I would be preggo by now, but now I see how important timing is and knowing when your fertile window is I am sure that we just have missed the boat each time. I'm also gratefull for all this time in a way as I have had time to get healthy diet wise and make my body super ready for ttc.... and don't they say that having thanks is always a good thing when you want something. :winkwink:

Yes, I agree that gratitude is everything and this process has brought DH and I closer together. We are both trying hard with our nutrition so it's a win-win situation - when we get our first little monkey, he/she will have very healthy parents :winkwink: as will your kid(s)

I also agree with the timing thing - there have been a couple of months when we really didn't BD at the right times due to hubby's work schedule so I fully understand that one.

It will happen one of these months!! :hugs:

Mmmmm spinach.. im just about to dig into a spinach salad too! :thumbup:

Ah you guys are so healthy! I'm taking folic acid in pill form :blush: but aside from that I'm being all nice and natural - honey, cinnamon, exercise but I can't can't can't give up coffee! :blush:

My problem isn't coffee... its soda. But I quit drinking Mtn Dew and I am trying to switch to caffeine free or at least to diet.

Caffeine is a hard one. The first few days after I quit, I didn't feel like myself at all. I still crave it all the time and find myself at Starbucks now and then :winkwink:

Ya....I think I'll keep my 1 cup of coffee a day and not have more than 1 cup, just tea after that...we'll see how that goes (seeing how some days I can have up to 3 which is probably too much :wacko: )

:Rofl: now you are making me guilty for drinking four cups of coffee at work. :shock: at least I reduced that down to two cups lately.

My temp dropped like a rock this morning so looks like this wasn't my month :cry: Af should start tomorrow. Feeling a little sad this morning, but going to cheer myself up with some caffeine to get my day started right, and then start prepping for my 3 month plan to get my body ready for baby for when DH and I can start trying again.

Deafgal01 and greenpear, not trying to make anyone feel bad about caffeine. I love the stuff! It's just that the farther along I get in ttc with no results, the more I feel compelled to get healthy because it's the only thing that gives me a feeling of control over this process. I have my own vices though...you should see how much chocolate I eat sometimes hahaha.

:hugs: GreenOrchid, it's soooo good that you are inspired to become healthy each time AF arrives, I love this approach as things can only get better this way :thumbup: You will be a super healthy Mama! But remember you're not out untill the witch shows :flower:

Ladies 1 or two cups of coffee a day really won't hurt right now, it's when you are preggo and your baby is trying to develop that you should cut down even more, that being said it's good to try and start cutting down or finding alternatives now as it won't be as much of a shock when suddenly you feel too worried to have even one cup but really crave it. I kinda hope I go off coffee so that I don't crave it lol!:haha:

I have tried this wholegrain drink instead called aromalt, its a mixture of rye, barely and malt that smells and tastes just like coffee. It's completely caffeine free and is good for you as its wholegrain. My Mama thought i was drinking coffee at night when I made myself a cup to take up to bed with me.... she was even fooled by its likelyness to coffee :haha:

Has anyone else felt that as the nights get darker quicker and the cold is slowly setting in (yes... even in Cyprus lol!) that they are starting to crave christmas treats??? I suddenly feel like a glass of sherry or a hot-chocolate with a mince pie lol! Wouldn't mind a glass of warm spiced wine either.... if I am in the tww over christmas I'm sure I wil go maaaaaad! Even chocolate contains caffeine... eek!!!! And I love 70% cocoa... green and blacks... :dohh:

Warm spiced wine? Now you're talking! mmmmmm :smug: My parents have an old house with a real fireplace - I think I'll persuade them to make some spiced wine and light a log or two in the next few weeks.

GreenOrchid - so sorry hun that your temperature dropped. Hopefully it's implantation instead of AF, but if it is AF then I hope that next cycle of honey/cinnamon will help you :hugs:

Nat - don't feel bad about 4 cups of coffee - you should see how much tea I drink :shock: easily 3-5 cups on top of my coffee a day (and like I said, sometimes I need more coffee)

But I know what GreenOrchid means about taking control - you start eliminating things that might hinder conception and eventually it happens :flower:

I went off coffee all summer (only drank it on sundays and it still didn't happen for me). :shrug: Thanks for the tip on aromalt. I'll have to try that out so I can fool my mind into thinking I'm really drinking coffee when I'm not.

:hugs: Greenorchid- that sucks about the temp dropping this morning :nope: :flower: Hopefully you'll still get your bfp asap.

I finally bought a stone. I have the rose quartz hanging in the window soaking up the sunlight today so we'll see how that works in terms of keeping that under my pillow and my fertility bracelet's still in the mail on the way to me. I feel pathetic for being willing to give those a try but then again anything cheaper than going the drugs route is better than not trying it out at all. :shrug:

I've been really good about making sure I get my honey with cinnamon dose. I need to buy more honey soon though.

yay for a stone!!!! My friend recommended cleansing it every so often with salt and imagining all your negative energy and disappointment leaving it - I think I might do something like that to my moonstone this evening hope it helps :winkwink:

:hugs: GreenOrchid, it's soooo good that you are inspired to become healthy each time AF arrives, I love this approach as things can only get better this way :thumbup: You will be a super healthy Mama! But remember you're not out untill the witch shows :flower:

Ladies 1 or two cups of coffee a day really won't hurt right now, it's when you are preggo and your baby is trying to develop that you should cut down even more, that being said it's good to try and start cutting down or finding alternatives now as it won't be as much of a shock when suddenly you feel too worried to have even one cup but really crave it. I kinda hope I go off coffee so that I don't crave it lol!:haha:

I have tried this wholegrain drink instead called aromalt, its a mixture of rye, barely and malt that smells and tastes just like coffee. It's completely caffeine free and is good for you as its wholegrain. My Mama thought i was drinking coffee at night when I made myself a cup to take up to bed with me.... she was even fooled by its likelyness to coffee :haha:

Has anyone else felt that as the nights get darker quicker and the cold is slowly setting in (yes... even in Cyprus lol!) that they are starting to crave christmas treats??? I suddenly feel like a glass of sherry or a hot-chocolate with a mince pie lol! Wouldn't mind a glass of warm spiced wine either.... if I am in the tww over christmas I'm sure I wil go maaaaaad! Even chocolate contains caffeine... eek!!!! And I love 70% cocoa... green and blacks... :dohh:

oooh green and blacks 70% is soooo good. DH got me a dark chocolate toblerone that I've been saving but I'll likely break it out tonight since AF is about to start :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->