How honest are you(if you're under charged)

I dont say anything, but thats because most of the time i dont realise til i get home!!

i tend not to notice until i get home and empty my purse by then its a bit late

I tend not to say anything if I'm undercharged.

If I've been to a shop and brought a few bits and then walked out the shop to realise I haven't been charged because I forgot to put something on the till (which happens quite often if I'm with LO.. I get distracted:blush:) then I do go back in and say.

if its a big chain i never say anything (i spend enough bloody money in there so tuff lol)

if its a small independant shop then id say something if i notice! x

It's happened to me twice recently, once in M&S (undercharged by £10) and in Mothercare (undercharged by £20) on both occasions a cheap item had been scanned twice and an expensive item not scanned at all.

Both times I thought 'that's cheaper than I was expecting' but didn't know for sure until I got home and looked at the receipts, I definitely wouldn't go back and ask to pay the correct amount. Sorry!

I have to be honest (unfortunately :blush:) because I work in a supermarket and we have something called "scan it all" so there's a camera on your till all the time to make sure you're scanning everything. There's a pretty harsh disciplinary system in force if you're not scanning everything. I'd hate to put other people in that position.

I'm not really honest when it comes to things like that either :blush:

OH and I went to collect the childrens furniture we were buying for the kids room before DD was born (nearly 2 years ago) and it came out to be about £60 cheaper. As I was walking away I kept saying to OH I just don't get it, I couldn't have been that wrong pricing it up.

We ended up getting a chest of drawers completely free :blush: I was mortified and crap myself every time we go back in, just in case they say we know that you didn't pay for it.

I don't think I would be very honest now but in the past I have been :lol: I got a gift bag once and put the other things I was buying in it while I was looking around, got to the till and she only scanned the bag, I stupidly told her :dohh:

Absolutely i would say something and i have :) I think honesty is very important. I had a checkout operator give me too much change too not long ago and i gave it back to him.

I never have. In the case of the checkout chick/dude handing over too much change, I say something as they will get into trouble for their till being out (I used to work at Woolies, a supermarket over here in Oz) but if something scans wrong they don't as it's a computer error so I say nothing.

It depends on whether I notice or not & whether it's a big chain or an independent shop. I would be more inclined to tell if it was a small independent shop than a big chain.

Most of the time, I don't really pay attention so I wouldn't notice anyway....

I always try to check receipts and correct change before I leave a store and would immediately point out if they did undercharge or give too much change, but if I'm in a hurry and don't check properly before leaving I won't go out of my way to return to the store to rectify the mistake. Only if I haven't gotten farther than the parking lot. But that said, I'm also too lazy to return if I got overcharged and didn't notice at the store, and that's happened far more often than the other way around :rofl:

I'm dishonest sorry x If the person at the till isnt paying enough attention then thats not my fault x I'm skint I need all the money I can get lol x

Ill be honest. If im undercharged or they give me too much change id never say anything lol. Things cost to much in life as it is!!!!

I never check my change when im given it so nope x

not honest at all... if it happens to me.. i count my lucky stars and GET THE HELL OUT ahhahaha :D a few weeks ago we were in the town centre chippy and we brought two large bags of chips gave her a tenner, and she gave us 12 back... wouldn't of been so cheeky but this chippy are ALWAYS giving me shite portions, so i figured it was just karma.. low and behold the portions were crap... but least they paid us to eat them :p x

New look last week, i brought a necklace, a headband (fancy looking one for a wedding) bracelet, earrings etc, all new stock not in the sale, and she charged me £4.64 i just got out of their quick :p x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->