• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is anyone else pregnant for the first time after IVF?

Hello Ladies,

Caseys, doc didn't release me. I have regular OB appt next week so IVF doc wants to see me back the week after for a final visit. Not sure why and we asked but he just said I'd like to see you again before I release you. Baby's length and heartbeat were good. (160 bpm) so not sure what's going on. I am trying not to worry about it.

I totally feel all the fear about telling people that you guys have. I am excited to tell my family but I think its because they know that we've been going through IVF but I don't want anyone else to know we've been going through IVF. Its weird feeling. I want to tell my boss but not the rest. Feels totally strange and I am definitely not prepared for all the advice and questions. We are waiting for another 2 weeks (end of 12 wks) before we tell anyone. We've told my in-laws and already I am getting advice of what not to eat and how I need to take it easy from my mother-in-law like every time I talk to her. Its going to get old real fast.

Hope all of you are having a good day.

Hi Girls

I have gone about it all the wrong way as I have told everyone family, friends collegues. Partly because I am really bloated and look about 3 months pregnant already hope the bloating goes away after coming of the tablets. Me and DH just couldn't stop ourselves but now worry what if any problems etc how will we tell people so somedays wished we kept it to ourselves especially as we haven't even had one scan. My first scan is on Tuesday this will only be four weeks after EC. Does anyone know what they will see in this scan?

I had my scan at 7 weeks and all i could see was a kidneyshaped blob with a blinking heart - it was wonderful though! :cloud9:

My scan for down's today syndrome went well, I will get the final results on Monday but the doctor said it looks normal.

It turns out I have a feisty one in my belly, he kept twisting and turning and moving his fists around while they were doing the scan. It was so amazing to see!

Caseys - congratulations on the scan going well - one less worry down. Nice to have a fiesty energetic baby!

Tory - I won't worry about having told everyone. Everyone has different level of comfortability. Hubby and I talked about how even if we did have a problem, we would have to tell all the family anyway.

My first scan was at 5 weeks and all we saw was a kidney shaped dark shape with a nice blob inside. We didn't see an actual baby shape until around week 8-9. We saw the blinking heart around week 6 and they were able to measure the heart rate then too. It was amazing to see the blinking heart pumping away.

Tuesday's scan we were able to see the pulse of the baby and the pulse at the umbilical cord into the baby. And clearly see the shape of the head and arms and legs. Its so awesome and incredible to see the progress. I am going to miss that once the weekly checkups stop.

Hope all of you have a good day.

Quick question - did the bloating ever go down after the meds for those of you off the meds? I am still very bloated and am wondering if I should just give in and buy some maternity pants. My current pants even with belly band is getting very uncomfortable.

Quick question - did the bloating ever go down after the meds for those of you off the meds? I am still very bloated and am wondering if I should just give in and buy some maternity pants. My current pants even with belly band is getting very uncomfortable.

Yes. For a week or so. However, I'm sitting here getting ready for work and just struggled to find comfortable clothes to wear. Now I think it's the baby's fault as I was told my uterus is now the size of a grapefruit.

Where did you get your belly band? I'm going to have to get one of those, not quite ready to go into maternity clothes.

You're in the states right - go to Target and in the maternity section they have the belly bands where you can leave the buttons and zip open and use the band to hold up the pants. They come in white, beige and black colors and for $16 its so worth it.

I am slowly getting uncomfortable so might go this weekend to find a good pair black pants from maternity section. My uterus area is not very big - just slightly bloated but the tummy has pushed up and is very big. I had rolls before but they are now getting bigger. I read its the organs starting to move up but not sure when that happens.

So, we got through the weekend telling all of OH's family that we were expecting. It went pretty well. We wanted to tell OH's parents first so I made a card for them with this poem/letter in it:

Dear Grandma & Grandpa,
I do not have a face to see, Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss, I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands, Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song, Or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come February 15th, 2012.
That's when they say Im due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter, I can't wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then, Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait, Because of all the love we'll know.
So what I have to give you now, Is a wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part of this wonderful family.
Love Baby

I also put a picture of the 7 wk ultrasound in it. I was thinking of putting a picture of the 3 fertilized embryos that were implanted but didn't want to raise too many questions about how many there were. It brought tears to her eyes and then the card got passed around to OH's sisters. Lots of hugs and congratulations and fingers crossed. Then when the word got out to all the rest of the reunion attendees, there were lots more congrats, some words of wisdom, a lot of asking what my symptoms are and stuff. One of OH's cousins, whom I had just met, kept reciting here first and middle name. She wants us to name the baby after her. It was so funny. One of OH's other cousins said congrats on the tentative pregnancy. Now I can't seem to get it out of my head, I guess I'm somewhat offended of the term tentative. Right now I am pregnant, there's nothing tentative about it.

I thought for sure I was going to jinx it or something. So for the last few days and nights I've been listening to the hb on the doppler making sure its still there, and it is. I have only part of a week left until I'm in the 2nd trimester. Every day I count down the days but when I look back it seems like only a short time ago I was 7 weeks and we were on our way to the u/s on pins and needles.

OH was so excited to tell everyone, they noticed it too.

Anyway, that was my first experience with letting a bunch of people know.

Wow - what a lovely way to tell the in-laws!

I had my first 6 week scan today and we got to see the flickering bit she said was its heart. Then she moved the scanner and said "and here's number two"! I was totally shocked. I still am. It's a good job I was lying down. Both sets of parents, DH and my friends are all really excited, and I'm just really scared!

Went back to work but couldn't concentrate and had to come home and just try to get used to the idea. Know I should be over the moon, but still just shocked.

Wow - what a lovely way to tell the in-laws!

I had my first 6 week scan today and we got to see the flickering bit she said was its heart. Then she moved the scanner and said "and here's number two"! I was totally shocked. I still am. It's a good job I was lying down. Both sets of parents, DH and my friends are all really excited, and I'm just really scared!

Went back to work but couldn't concentrate and had to come home and just try to get used to the idea. Know I should be over the moon, but still just shocked.

Congratulations!! That is so awesome. I'm really happy for you. OH and I were hoping for 2 for the price of one! lol (...hopefully that doesn't offend anyone)

Oh Miss Lemon - 2 heartbeats! That bought a tear to my eye. You take extra special care of yourself. Oh bless you! I don't think it is going to sink in for a while yet!

x x x

Oh ttcbaby that was so wonderful read. That is a great way to tell your in-laws - now I am starting to think of interesting ways to tell my family.

Hubby had vidoe taped our first heartbeat check and so we went on skype when we told him parents and he played the sound only and asked them what they thought that sound was. They were both so confused and couldn't figure it out. Then hubby just yells out "that your future grandson or granddauhther's heartbeat". They were so excited, mother-in-law started crying she was so happy.

Miss lemon - I loved your story! Congrats on two heart beats - that is incredible. Hubby and I were also hoping for two for the price of one. But at the same time I was slightly hoping for only one since I was scared of having two babies. I am sure its overwhelming and will take a while to sink in. Congratualtions!

Congratulations Lemon amazing story.

How nervous was you about the scan? I have mine on Tuesday and just so worried.

Hi Tory

To be honest I was actually looking forward to it because I wanted confirmation that there def. was something in there - it didn't feel real! But then the morning of the scan I was nervous. Mainly because I was scared there would be two in there - ha!

She kept showing us this flickering of the heartbeat and DH was going "wow - that's amazing" and I was just lying there thinking "I can't believe there are two" over and over so didn't really pay attention - just made the right noises.

You'll be absolutely fine and it will put your mind at rest that everything is ok. Are you taking DH with you?

Hi Lemon

Thanks for the words of encouragement about the scan. I am taking DH with me I hope there is two but would be happy with one.

Hi there
Congratulations and yes I am pregnant for the first time after IVF. I'm now 28.5 weeks though :) I really didn't expect it to work first time but so glad it has. It's an amazing journey just wish I hadn't been so ill the whole time, but sure it will be worth it in the end. xx

oh no - you've felt ill the whole time Peeker? Poor you. I've started feeling nauseous and it's miserable. Can't face cooking or even looking in the fridge! Urgh.

Poor DH is having to shop and cook on his own so I've sent him off to get acubands, ginger biscuits and crackers. Was comforting myself that this is only for another 6 weeks or so, but then read that with twins it often lasts longer. That is NOT going to be me! :nope:

Hi there, well hopefully you won't be ill the whole time. Most people aren't. I wanted to strange whoever invented the name 'morning sickness' as mine was all day and all night. It did stop at 15 weeks much to my great relief. Then I started getting faint and dizzy instead, but that's not as bad. and now in the 3rd trimester I keep being sick again BUT I don't feel sick, so not that bad but now I have serious sciatica. Anyway it WILL all be worth it and with any luck you shall have a lovely, trouble free pregnancy and breeze through it. :)
xxx

I think I am officially in my second trimester starting today, yay!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->